AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-04, 10:55   Link #81
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 10 - EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME!

Christmas is in the air, which is why the expo during the first half of this episode basically felt like a way to show off not only the heroes' cars, but a few new models of Gyrozetter. (The rabbit one looks interesting.) Arcadia was never particularly secret in the first place, but seeing all the publicity they're giving their heroes means that, if nothing else, Kakeru and company will never have to worry about trying to keep a secret identity.

Giltes Extreme (I always think of CJX when I hear that name) didn't have a whole lot of differences - mostly some glowy parts, but the upgrade was enough to fry Raibird and give Kakeru his first real defeat of the series. I know the answer to this problem will no doubt be another piece of merchandise (and a little belief in oneself), still, looking forward to seeing it. The moment of Raibird's comeback will more than likely be pretty cool. I've even gotten used to the CGI by this point. That Eraser was going on about family bonds in comparison to Kakeru makes me wonder if he's related to Kakeru in some way, like a long-lost brother.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 05:10   Link #82
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Episode 10

This was kinda average honestly. I expected more from a major battle episode like this, especially with the conclusion of the fight. Instead the choreography was kinda lazy and boring. At least the rest of the episode was kinda funny. I like the other mechs which got cameos at the festival event. They looked pretty cute.

I just hope the dinobot in the OP shows up soon. I've been waiting... ;_;
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 10:53   Link #83
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 11 - Do Not Try This At Home

The new simulator pods present yet another way for the characters to be engaged in their profession even when they're not in a car. Though I don't think Bandai is going to market those. Having an episode where the main character is depowered is an anime boilerplate, but I've never seen anyone handle it quite like Kakeru. He tries to fight giant robot cars on his own - and barely makes a dent. People do stupid things when they're passionate and without something dear to them, but fighting robots shouldn't be on that list. Running away from them is slightly better, but not by much.

Shunsuke's new finisher was kinda neat, with the sky sword drop. Raibird is back and better than ever, but really, Kakeru, don't do something like that again. The Eraser plotline will have to be continued another day - or next week. Which also looks to feature Truckasaurus.
Old 2012-12-11, 11:40   Link #84
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Episode 11

I really liked this episode. There was solid humor with Kakeru having to deal with not having Raibird around, and having to understand the basics of teamwork. Watching him attempt to race a mech in person, and then later kick and punch the enemy Gyrozetters was really funny. The CG action seemed better this week too.

Can't wait for next week. The DINOBOT finally arrives! I think the Raibird HS upgrade looks pretty lame, but whatever, DINOBOT!!!!
Old 2012-12-18, 09:43   Link #85
melina_putri

Episode 12

6th Gyrozetter driver is revealed in this episode, Gunji Souta (probably Eraser-01 real name).
Arcadia students get their report card.
Kaede got her driver's ID (why it's saying Gyrozetter though?).
There is short real transformation sequence only for Raibird HS.
The children battle against Dragunos started just before the ED song plays.

Next week, suddenly battle against Great Kraken (the size is smaller than what I was expected, also what happened with Dragunos battle?).

Edit: Apparently according to the director, the transformation sequences before are done in nano level. What happened to the drivers though?

Last edited by melina_putri; 2012-12-18 at 11:42.
melina_putri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 10:53   Link #86
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 12 - Raise the Roof (Shield)

I'm liking the direction things are going. Having Raibird's new upgrade get a more traditionally animated transformation sequence was sweet, and the new evil combiner, which does have some shades of Transformers in that it invokes both construction vehicles and dragons, is probably the coolest mecha I've seen in the show yet. Team Arcadia is working a lot more as a team now, so the threats are going to have to scale up to match. I don't know if they'll let Kakeru finish Eraser on his own, but they are willing to back him up for now - and hopefully until the end.

The character moments outside the mecha stuff were a nice treat, too. Rinne's advancing with her skating, Satori's doing archery stuff, Shunsuke's still focused on racing - not everything is dedicated to cars. Just most things. This is turning out to be a pretty charming show, though again, that may just be my love for robots talking.
Old 2012-12-20, 10:43   Link #87
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Episode 12

Took me awhile to get to this episode, but it was worth the wait! Finally we're getting to the first climatic showdown in the series. Giant mecha robots, a fully upgraded Raibird, team work finally working out, it's going to be pretty awesome next week! I wonder what the secret behind Eraser-01 is. It seems likely that he's someone Xenon captured and brainwashed...

I love how they ripped off Devastator this week and made it a GIANT DRAGON. Omg!!
Old 2012-12-25, 10:21   Link #88
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 13 - All I Want For Christmas Is a Giant Dragonsaur Robot

If I'm going to watch something on Christmas, let it be something all about toys. For the first major battle, and the conclusion of the first cour, it was pretty exciting. Though Kakeru was the one to save the day, everybody contributed to the final battle. The Kraken was pretty neat. It's not very often one sees sea-creature-themed mecha, especially ones made out of actual battleships. And the people on the sidelines weren't slacking off either. Everyone contributed to making this a great story.
Old 2012-12-25, 16:49   Link #89
melina_putri

Looks like the story will go intense from this point forward, I hope they will shown the reason why Xenon insisted on attacking Arcadia and hoping more giant mecha appareances.

No Gyrozetter next week because it is New Year's Day.
The preview of episode 14 made it looks like a recap episode but this series has Takamatsu Shinji as the director so it is most likely not. He did similar thing to Ixion Saga DT episode 13 preview.
Old 2012-12-29, 04:43   Link #90
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Episode 13

Well, that was kinda fun, but it was also rather typical. I feel they need a bit more to shake things up soon or it'll get boring. We know the show won't kill anyone, so there's really not much tension to be had there. The fights need better animation imo. The giant monster mechs were definitely cool. Toma is the most useless villain on the show. Lololol.

I'm just glad the normal eyecatches are back now. Don't wanna be looking at photos of tournament winners all the time. :P
Old 2013-01-02, 16:15   Link #91
X207
Gamyūsa

the series did show promise from the start but it hasnt lived up to my expectations. i thought it would turn out more like Gundam regarding slightly more serious tone. the show doesnt rate too high on the list but its still on my list. the comedy part is ok but its predicatble.

the mecha and the cars are a big plus though their use of them is nto as weapons of war. i wouldnt mind getting that RX7 mecha and painting it black. i did catch an initla d referesnce in ep 6?? the rx7 and toyota trueno FT86 though an AE86 would've been more eyecatching.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 10:07   Link #92
Kitsu Breaker

I am quite sure this show will be awesome like gundam
I can feel it!

This two girls have the best sax life
FIGHT FOR THE YURI
Kitsu Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 12:26   Link #93
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu Breaker View Post
I am quite sure this show will be awesome like gundam
I can feel it!
im not so sure. they wont reach Gundam unless they drop the endless predictable comedy. some comedy can stay but Kakeru has to smarten up and become a bit more serious for me consider the series to getting anywhere near the Gundam series. at worst the series will be a light hearted mecha show which bases more on comedy that serious political/technological etc issues ie red vs blue side. they may reach the tone of Heroic Age series but even Herioc Age wasnt cold and cruel battles as much as the Gundam series were. i just cant see any sacrificial female (or male characters) showing up in this series at this point in time. even Evangelion was more serious than this series.

they can get the series to something like Kurogane no Linebarrel if they make the tone a bit more serious but im not holding my breath waitng for any death flags. the tone of the series dictates they have no interest in killing characters though mild injuries are quite possible. KNL is a good series but the anime doesnt project the same serious tone as any typical Gundam series.

Last edited by X207; 2013-01-03 at 18:56.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 05:00   Link #94
melina_putri

Episode 14

Half recap, half new story. Basically this episode is just an infodump.
Next week, Rinne got Dolphine as replacement for Prius Alpha.
Old 2013-01-08, 07:54   Link #95
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
makes me wonder why Bandai didn't really focus back on the older Machine Robo series as their main line of transforming robot toys, i mean they had their recent line released, the Machine Robo NEXT line.......
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 08:28   Link #96
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 14 - The World As We Know It

Presenting the recap as an in-universe broadcast was something out of the norm, and a nice way to get across a lot of information in a short amount of time. The really important part, though, was finding out the back story of Eraser. A friend of Kakeru and Rinne's in the past, before Shocker he was subjected to experiments and turned into the fighting machine we see before us today. So Kakeru's goal has been set before the viewers, but not before Kakeru himself. As the series pulls into the new year, I look forward to more. As a kids' show, it's been consistently entertaining, and that's all I was looking for.

So Rinne gets a new mecha next week. That's pretty cool. And it's a dolphin!
Old 2013-01-08, 10:54   Link #97
Justin_Brett

Hopefully it can go a couple fights before getting junked for a bunch of episodes.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 04:12   Link #98
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Episode 14

Not bad for a semi-recap episode. I liked the flashbacks. Hopefully the Eraser-01 storyline gets some resolution in the 13 episodes or so. The next episode preview looks pretty solid. Is Rinne getting a new Gyrozetter?!
Old 2013-01-15, 08:14   Link #99
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 15 - Superelectric Machine Dolfine, The Fastest Speed in the World

I really liked this one. What begins as Kakeru and Rinne fighting turns into a girls' day out. It's a good showcase for some bonding among the female cast. The show makes it pretty obvious that KakeRin has potential as a couple, but anybody watching this show for romance is going to find it a tertiary element at best. Now Dolphine is pretty cool - continuing Rinne's trend of being the cleric of the group, but energy draining can be used offensively. Like sucking all the energy out of Hippo Cannon.

I thought it was a completely new mecha, but it turns out it's an upgrade of Prius. But in toy terms, some remolding and redecoing will have to be done, so it's essentially a new toy there. Rinne gets to keep her personal mecha, and Bandai gets to sell some new merch. Everybody wins. I'm surprised there's an ice rink big enough to support three robots without cracking. It played to Rinne's strengths and made for a visually nice fight, just curious about it. Got a small laugh out of Jake and Elwood Blues being defeated by sea creatures.

This week's young love story kinda sorta leads into next week's different love story, about Micman Seki. This should be fun.
Old 2013-01-17, 10:52   Link #100
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Episode 15

That was pretty fun. I love those two Xenon jokers who always fail in their mission. The aquarium visit was fun too. Rinne's new Gyrozetter is pretty great, and the color scheme means it she no longer clashes with Satori's Gyrozetter in color. So... Kakeru x Rinne OTP?

Tags
a-1, square_enix