AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-05, 17:27   Link #41
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

well, Atelier Ayesha is out today if anyone still interested. Suck that Koei is retarded and not
care about dual audio and even only doing half dub of this game. i already bought the game
to support Gust out a little and have a little of Atelier fun. cant wait to play as Linca...i think that
was her name?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-03-06, 16:57   Link #42
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

I'd forgotten all about this game's release and actually didn't expect it to get to me until next month or something. Played it for a bit and I must say it's a breath of fresh air compared to the last 3. You still kinda have a deadline, but 3 years gives you time to mess around.

Stuff I dig:
Spoiler for Spoiler'd for tl;dr:

Stuff I did not dig:
Spoiler for Spoiler'd for tl;dr:

So far, so good, minus the KCT thing but we've known about that for a while now. I knew what I was getting into. The future of this series in their hands is hazy and I wonder if they'll stick to their promise of not messing it up again. Here's hoping they at least stick with NISA's assistance for localizing, because imagining Dynasty Warrior level dubbing for future games is kinda frightening.

I haven't looked into the available DLC but I recall seeing swimsuits. It's nice that they're giving this to us here instead of waiting for the Vita port.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 21:26   Link #43
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Gonna pass on this one. If they ever think about releasing the game on Vita with dual voice, then make that one purchase from me. Otherwise, nope.
Old 2013-03-06, 22:03   Link #44
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

I wouldn't bank on them even considering a fix via DLC, which seems to be what a majority of people are begging them for. Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if this does poor enough they scrap any future DLC altogether and dump any future attempts bringing the games over. On the bright side, that might mean this'll go on clearance faster than Atelier Totori did, but that one actually selling well.
Old 2013-03-06, 22:46   Link #45
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I think they know pretty well that the Atelier series are doing well over there, so I don't think they are that stupid to dump all of their localization plan for future titles. Beside that, the vocal fans are already enough for them to know what to listen. I mean, who wouldn't know about the DmC incident and draw the experience from that?

Well, if there is actually a DLC fix, I wouldn't mind buying the game.

On the other hand, I think I should purchase Meruru first before worrying about this one.
Old 2013-03-08, 20:21   Link #46
Kyouka
Is Here

did anyone buy this game and can give a review?
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 01:29   Link #47
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ like i'm the only one here who bought the game.
so here are my thoughts on the game if you want to listen to what i have to say or not:

so far i'm only about 5 hrs. in and just gotten Regina, Willbell, and Linca as party members.
the game so far is pretty fun. i like how this game didnt bomb me with mountain
of quests like in Atelier Meruru. everything is straight forward and proceeding
the storyline. if you need some cash in the game, synth some of the items that
the town's folks ask for (usually in quantiy of 2-3 that you can make within one day from alchemy).

the characters are lovable. i expecially like Linca, she is just so awesome and strong.
Regina is a tough chick with a big smile; she kind of acts like Ayesha big sis.
Willbell is a little witch girl that want some attention of Ayesha...i think she is a little tsundere..just a little.

battles are easy to a little hard depending on enemies you're facing. if you didnt
synth lots of healing items, you're going to struggle on your trip. your first bomb will
be your AOE damage and it does quite a lot of damage. Regina, Willbell and Linca
all have AOE attacks as well. Linca seems to do a ton with hers, probably because
she started out at level 15 while everyone in my party was level 10.

the music in this game are VERY interesting. mainly the battle themes and some of the town
themes. heck, even the Ayesha's alchemy theme is very memorable.

the graphics are just as good as any other Atelier Totori, Meruru..etc. i gotten a little
slow down from the beginning in Ayesha's atelier..i dont know why. but the game
seem to run find after that. i gotten the hard copy of the game if anyone interested what
copy i got. the game has a mandatory installed when you start the game.

the english voice actors are pretty good even though the game doesnt have the Japanese
voice. Linca, Regina, Ayesha and Willbell voices are all well done. i even like Ayesha's
cow voice actor: Pana. Pana is the best! "Oink Moo" Oink Mooooo" "Oink Mooooooooooooooooo" you'll love Pana.

from the 5 hrs. that i spent so far in this game, i can easily give the game a 8.9/10 pts.
Sylpheed - battle theme
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
some sample music
Spoiler:

a gameplay video
Spoiler:

Last edited by Xefi; 2013-03-09 at 01:45.
Xefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 21:48   Link #48
Kyouka
Is Here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bUBD31ygHg

swimsuits everywhere!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtqJH...layer_embedded

omg i love the witches theme song

Last edited by Kyouka; 2013-03-09 at 23:24.
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 12:08   Link #49
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ Ayesha's swimsuit suits her very well (golden bra+pantsu). and Linca's is nice as well.

and that last boss song doesnt disappoint at all. i'm going to have put
Etrian Odyssey 4 aside a little bit and play some more Atelier Ayesha.
Old 2013-03-18, 00:41   Link #50
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

i barely sink much time into Atelier Ayesha thanks to Etrian Odyssey 4, but the pacing
for Ayesha is slow and steady; fits my playing styles very well. ^____^

anyways, a new Atelier game just announced. it's going to be set in the Ayesha's series as well.
Quote:
Just in the nick of time! At the Dengeki Game Festival in Japan, Gust announced that yet another Atelier game is in the works. This will be the fifteenth title in the series, and appears to once again be set in Atelier Ayesha's land of Dusk. Dengeki magazine will fully reveal the game and its title on March 28th. For now, take a gander at its first promotional video, featuring a new pigtailed protagonist.
http://rpgfan.com/news/2013/1172.html
Old 2013-03-18, 10:32   Link #51
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

From all the discussion of the next Atelier game I gather that rumors/speculation seem to indicate it'll probably be for the Vita. I'm not giving weight to those themselves but with them having migrated a majority of the PS3 titles to the platform I wouldn't be too surprised if this were the case.
Old 2013-03-19, 18:52   Link #52
defki

Bleh wrong thread.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 03:55   Link #53
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
I was watching a friend play this game for an hour. We were both laughing our asses off at how the main character sounded like an American cheerleader. English dubs ftl.

On the other hand, the English vas for the male characters were pretty decent. But Ayeshas is a complete joke.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ps3, rpg