AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-04-30, 19:30   Link #161
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
OHHHH nice SHIKA!!! Now there is TRUE Talent!!
Can I get an amen up in here
Old 2004-04-30, 19:38   Link #162
Khar
Shin-Otaku Editor

Send a message via AIM to Khar
Hi. I'm an editor/encoder of Shin-Otaku. Our translators are going to be away this weekend, so most likely you're going to be left with us.

Bakasan, first of all, why didn't you come to us before accusing us of theft and letting all those rumors start? It would have been the mature thing to do. All you had to do was talk to us. We don't make our presence unknown even if we aren't that active on this forum. But, theft aside, as you suggested.

Why didn't you contact the translator you're being rude to privately about her "horrible translations" she didn't even translate? Yes, that's right. She didn't translate 81. Our other translator did. And keep in mind that he's still rather new to this, and if any mistake was made, it was probably a rather small one, insignificant to the episode itself. Yes, episode. We are not translating from the manga. We are translating from the anime. If you have a problem with that, than don't watch the anime. There have been differences, and there are going to be differences between the two mediums. You best just get used to that. The last I spoke to Kidd (like I said, she's away now, gone for the weekend), she informed me that she did not hear the word organization anywhere in that part of the episode. But I won't speak for her officially, or our other translator. My point is that if you were really bothered by the translation, you should have done 2 things: 1. Became informed of who was actually translating this episode. We don't keep our IRC rooms a secret. 2. Contacted US. Not posting random rather insulting commentary on a thread at Narutard Central, aka AnimeSuki (sorry, you know it's true). That's all you had to do. Contact us. Your post is extremely uncessary, and rather rude at that. It's obvious to me at this point that your intent wasn't to contact our translator, but rather to expose some sort of "trash" about our group for all the Narutards to oogle over, so more rumors can be spread.

That's why the rumors started, and that's why they're continuing. If you want to continue having ideas and commentary about who we are and what we do, be mature about expressing those ideas and comments. Contact us.

Aside from all that, yes, you will be missed in the community. Your releases were quite remarkable, and we have never made it our goal to be faster than you, or take you out of the playing field. We're doing this for us, because we enjoy it. Our goal in our releases? Quality without compromising speed. Yeah, we're not perfect. Our translations may have a few bugs still. But we're new. Give us time. And next time, if you want to help out, do so in a mature manner, please. That's all we ask.
Khar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 19:45   Link #163
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khar
.... on a thread at Narutard Central, aka AnimeSuki (sorry, you know it's true).....

.... We're doing this for us, because we enjoy it. Our goal in our releases? Quality without compromising speed. Yeah, we're not perfect. Our translations may have a few bugs still. But we're new. Give us time.
Are you sure Narutard's here are worthy of such quality of work? Oh yeah, this makes everything clear.
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 19:50   Link #164
Khar
Shin-Otaku Editor

Send a message via AIM to Khar
No one's forcing you to download our releases. If you don't like our translations, then fine, don't watch our releases. They are many people out there who, believe it or not, think we do a decent job.
Khar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 19:52   Link #165
eLstar
(^_^)v

Hold your horses there kids. To be honest, I don't really know or care what's happening between Bakasan and Shin-Otaku.

I appreciate the Khar coming out and not being a jerk about it, but posting in a calm and collected manner, but the fact of the matter is, this forum is to not be used for your little quarrels or dramas.

You want to talk about Naruto? Fine, you can stay here, if it's not then please find somewhere else to do this.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 20:49   Link #166
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperclip1
I'm sure the fact that you misspelled his name will really show how much you respect him.
You started your membership to post this???

Spelling errors aside I'm sure BakaSan is probably still able to understand the intent of respect. How hard can it be for someone called BakaSan??

I'm however going to miss him terribly seeing as I know about 4 words Japanese *heck i don't even know the proper word of what language it is*

Baka knows we really love him.
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 22:03   Link #167
Eikichi
Mad Dog Sawamura

Well today is a sad day for all naruto junkies, lets hope S-O continues to spit out releases as fast as Bakasan did.
Eikichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 22:13   Link #168
Kouji
StrykerX

Well, I've been hearing rumors about SO's version on this section of the board. They say that it's not as accurate as BakaSan's version was. And that thing where Asuma says that's just "scary" in stuff.
Old 2004-04-30, 22:49   Link #169
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

damn, Bakasan don't stooop! Anyways from today i will stick with Anbu cuz S-O sux!
Old 2004-05-01, 01:43   Link #170
GiEnEx
Number One Fan! Sorta!

Send a message via AIM to GiEnEx
Unhappy

I read that he wasn't translating anymore off a naruto site so I had to come in here to confirm it. Its sad to hear that BakaSan has stopped translating. He was an awesome translator. He definitely has earned my respect. Watching SO's version won't be the same......
GiEnEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 01:48   Link #171
Kouji
StrykerX

What the heck was going through SO's minds to think up a less than stellar translation. I say that they should go back and read the manga and try over again otherwise they should stop.
Old 2004-05-01, 02:09   Link #172
xavier8200

Im still trippin over the news that Bakasan is going to stop. I really enjoy his subs. Oh well, it was a miracle that he was able to sub so well and so fast. He will definetly be missed. It's still April so maybe its a last April fools joke of the month (I know it doesn't work like that but here's to wishin)

Can anyone tell me if the Sig is too much?
xavier8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 02:18   Link #173
Kouji
StrykerX

Nah, it's just the right size. But as for the April Fool's joke, it's less unlikely.
Old 2004-05-01, 02:36   Link #174
GiEnEx
Number One Fan! Sorta!

Wink

THIS IS FOR BAKASAN!! LoL. Dude, your subbing will definitely be missed cause since you starting subbing.... You're the only one I've been dl-ing. I don't know what the big fuss about translation and quality is. You're work's pretty good to me.
Old 2004-05-01, 02:37   Link #175
Kouji
StrykerX

Does that mean you'll stop watching Naruto since BakaSan's not gonna do future episodes?
Old 2004-05-01, 02:41   Link #176
GiEnEx
Number One Fan! Sorta!

Wink

LoL.... I highly doubt that... Cause once a Naruto addict... Always a Naruto addict. But it won't be the same thats all. Cause I'm so used to stayin up late to wait for BakaSan to put up the link. SO's baby blue font drives me crazy and ANBU takes a while to get theirs out....
Old 2004-05-01, 02:54   Link #177
Kouji
StrykerX

Well, unlike SO they're a bit more smarter. Cuz they don't do those worthless mistakes. At least they try to do their best, aside with BakaSan.
Old 2004-05-01, 03:03   Link #178
GiEnEx
Number One Fan! Sorta!

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouji
Well, unlike SO they're a bit more smarter. Cuz they don't do those worthless mistakes. At least they try to do their best, aside with BakaSan.

Yea... that's true. I'm gonna miss my Wednesday late nites... hehehe... I swear, I think I'm gonna have to take up Jap, that way since BakaSan is quitting I can just watch the raw cause they come out a few hrs b4 BakaSan does....
Old 2004-05-01, 03:11   Link #179
Kouji
StrykerX

lol, looks you need a site that would host your pics. You could try uploadit.org.

Last edited by Kouji; 2004-05-01 at 10:09.
Kouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 03:22   Link #180
GiEnEx
Number One Fan! Sorta!

LoL.... Thanx! I'll give that a try.... I can't wait for 82 already... Ayyyaa... Ima be waiting a while.. So I should stop thinkin about it.

Last edited by GiEnEx; 2004-05-01 at 03:39.