Notices

Old 2014-12-27, 10:00   Link #11621
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuasarBurst View Post
Based Tachibana

Spoiler for Tohka:
Well this almost sounds cliche enough...
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 10:06   Link #11622
Riki
ランダム王

now try standing at my position. I had to repeat those lines over and over again for almost 2 years.
Old 2014-12-27, 11:03   Link #11623
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
now try standing at my position. I had to repeat those lines over and over again for almost 2 years.
it is a bit tedious how it seems like the first girl usually gets the prettiest words to describe them. Whats funny is i must admit DAL i didnt like Tohka or Yoshino kurumi was sexy but thats it. The Yamai arc was my favorite mostly because they took it to the next level as far as pushing shidou as a character and in how things played out.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 13:23   Link #11624
LoveYouSaber

Quote:
Based Tachibana

Spoiler for Tohka:
Hope I am not reopening old wounds, but that shows that Tohka's hair is black (pitch-black?)? I think there was a discussion a while back over what colour's Tohka's hair was.

And yeah, to be honest, I don't think the author does a good job describing Tohka's beauty. Words like "Impossibly beautiful girl" "can't find 10 grandiose adjectives to describe" really don't say much to be honest - it's hard to imagine what Tohka's face would look like, for example, just from the above words. Though I guess that's what the illustrations are for...
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 13:28   Link #11625
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Based Tachibana

Spoiler for Tohka:
Well, at least it is consistent and not suddenly changed over the course of novels something.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 13:51   Link #11626
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by corefire View Post
the problem with that is the had the number clearly stated in thair names useing kun or on 一三四五七八九十 readings. as for shidos mother being #2 i havf sapport it. because we dont know her first name but if it has 二 in the name then you are correct by ellen does not have 六 in her name.
The pattern of names does not have to be absolute there is also the posablity that the names are more hidden. So they might not use 六 but 陸. As a side note one of the Chinese translation for 陸 is army.

Karen Nora Mathers
Karen - Pure
Nora - Light
Mathers - Son of Mather- Powerful army

Ellen*Mira Mathers
Ellen*- Light
Mira - Bitter also could be Admirable
Mathers - Son of Mather- Powerful army

Quote:
also about phantom i dont even want to geuss at its exact id one big reason is karumi's time traeling abatly. but since phantom is playing god i dout she is one of the ten.
Phatom is no more playing god then Kurumi is. She appears to have 2 goals. 1 bestow the gems she has to a new host. 2 have Shidou seal the spirits. She calls him sealing Kotori " the best possible outcome ", she pointed Kurumi at him and after it failed made sure she would still keep going after him, Miku became a spirit in the same town as him right after he started actively working on sealing spirits. Seemed to have known Origami before she gave her one and would clearly know Shidou sealing her should be easy. Ike comments that Shidou him self is "part of that woman's plans"
Quote:
antheor qestion why is isnt karen call in to action whenever ellen show up on the battle feild perhaps thay have uneqel ablatys i dont think so. so why?
The two are rarely near by each other when Ellen is in the feild in volume 5 Karen was in England, and when they came to Japan in volume 8 Ellen and Ike had returned to England and i believe Eliot had gone back by the time ike returned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoptosis View Post
Ellen is Humanity's Strongest Wizard, so Karen is probably weaker. I'm sure Karen is still pretty strong though.
I'm not sure we can take her title as the strongest to be 100% fact since Karen is in an even more secretive organization then DEM and doesn't go around flaunting her abilities. Most likely they are equal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
it is a bit tedious how it seems like the first girl usually gets the prettiest words to describe them. Whats funny is i must admit DAL i didnt like Tohka or Yoshino kurumi was sexy but thats it. The Yamai arc was my favorite mostly because they took it to the next level as far as pushing shidou as a character and in how things played out.
All the Spirits and Origami , well minus Kitori due to "brother vision", tend to get the same treatment when they are first described in a volume. Origami is almost always refered to as doll like
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

Last edited by kagato3; 2014-12-27 at 14:02.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 14:47   Link #11627
corefire

that intrastng and plasable. but i think my thory is a little more plasable but not by much. the sepharot tree is a system i think its more likely to use common numers but the wiriter could put in that twist just to catch us off gard by the way thank you for the info.
corefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 14:51   Link #11628
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
that interesting and plausible. but i think my theory is a little more plausible but not by much. the sephirot tree is a system i think its more likely to use common numbers but the writer could put in that twist just to catch us off guard by the way thank you for the info.
im going to edit this to help your spelling alright

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2014-12-27, 14:57   Link #11629
corefire

waht i mean is Phatom always seems in control of the situation no mater how cahotic it is whear as Kurumi has had to retreat becase of kotori.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
im going to edit this to help your spelling alright
i dont mind.

on another note i have a qestion how meny books will this series be my geuss 22-23 vol.

Last edited by LKK; 2014-12-27 at 15:37. Reason: use edit button rather than post three times. posts merged
Old 2014-12-27, 15:15   Link #11630
kagato3

really I'm not a strong follower of Ellen and Karen being spirits I originally brought it up as a completely crack theory it was only afterwards that I started to notice all the small things that fit with them being the 6th. The hair color, the names Karen Nora and Ellen Mira which fit too well for me not to believe that they weren't named with the knowledge of the meanings behind the names.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2014-12-27, 15:56   Link #11631
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
what i mean is Phantom always seems in control of the situation no mater how chaotic it is where as Kurumi has had to retreat because of kotori.

i dont mind.

on another note i have a question how many books will this series be my guess 22-23 vol.
and again i help

as for how many books will it be im guessing we have quite a few more it depends on how soon they reveal phantom

Old 2014-12-27, 16:12   Link #11632
Estzero1

Quote:
on another note i have a qestion how many books will this series be my guess 22-23 vol.
No clue. My guess is between 15 - 20. More than 20 seems unlikely to me.
Nevertheless, the LN will accompany us for the next years. That's sure.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 19:20   Link #11633
GotEffed2RageQuit
N.Kurogane x N.Vermillion

Hi guys. I'm just new here so ummm... here goes.
If we include every Inverse, 20 would be the least.
About Karen and Ellen, Ellen did say Origami is the second one to hurt her(albeit with distractions), so maybe Karen is the first.
Phantom didn't expect a barging Origami.
And we could always have fake names.

That's all. Thank you.
*bows*
*slams head on table*
Old 2014-12-27, 19:53   Link #11634
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
really I'm not a strong follower of Ellen and Karen being spirits I originally brought it up as a completely crack theory it was only afterwards that I started to notice all the small things that fit with them being the 6th. The hair color, the names Karen Nora and Ellen Mira which fit too well for me not to believe that they weren't named with the knowledge of the meanings behind the names.
And someday, she might change her name if she became a spirit.

Also, do take note again that the name Mathers involved in the Qliphoth.
Old 2014-12-27, 20:21   Link #11635
corefire

2vol for #6. 2vol for #2. 2 vol for phantom. 6-12 or 8-16 depending wehter 6 and 2 did or did not have Inverse conted in their intoductory volumes. = 12-18 low 14-22 high.
Old 2014-12-27, 20:23   Link #11636
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Really
Mhm, interesting. Didn't know that.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 20:33   Link #11637
AP24

Obviously it won't be over 20 volumes since I think the author mentioned a while ago that the series already reached halfway mark.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 20:37   Link #11638
GotEffed2RageQuit
N.Kurogane x N.Vermillion

Subject to change without prior notice.
Old 2014-12-27, 20:41   Link #11639
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
And someday, she might change her name if she became a spirit.

I think that there is about a 60% likelyhood that Ellen is/was/will be number 6. Oh god typing that out just made me think about another number 6, The Prisoner form the show of the same name. What if Kurumi was looking for Ellen the whole time but she was wrong about her being a captive. Ok, yeah thats a little too tin foil hat zone.
Old 2014-12-27, 21:04   Link #11640
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
I think that there is about a 60% likelyhood that Ellen is/was/will be number 6. Oh god typing that out just made me think about another number 6, The Prisoner form the show of the same name. What if Kurumi was looking for Ellen the whole time but she was wrong about her being a captive. Ok, yeah thats a little too tin foil hat zone.
We'll just stick to Ellen for plausibly being #6. We would not be surprised if it's otherwise either.

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy