AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

View Poll Results: Gurren-Lagann - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 91 67.41%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 20.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 7.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.74%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-26, 06:10   Link #41
roan

cathedral tera (?) was disguised as the moon so of course its going to be about the size of the moon.
Old 2007-08-26, 06:20   Link #42
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
The Moon Ship is definitely the 3rd Gurren Lagann. Look at the big head, it has 3 drill openings at the upper portion. The head of the 3rd Gurren also has 3 drills comes out of the top portion of the head in the same places. The 4th Gurren is probably something that will be reserved for the very, very end.
Lordgenome calls the "Moon Ship" by the name "Cathedral Terra" (カテドラルテラ). Though it's very probable that it's going to be renamed to something Gurren-related.
Old 2007-08-26, 07:12   Link #43
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob the Fox View Post
Lordgenome calls the "Moon Ship" by the name "Cathedral Terra" (カテドラルテラ). Though it's very probable that it's going to be renamed to something Gurren-related.
I think Cathedral Terra is one of the flagships we saw in the Spiral Warriors flashback in ep18. Hmmm...
Old 2007-08-26, 07:32   Link #44
Dave1988
Kick reason to the curb!

Send a message via MSN to Dave1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob the Fox View Post
Terra Gurren-Lagann would be badass imo (or GARcadia lol).
Old 2007-08-26, 07:38   Link #45
ryuusei

what was the getter robo reference ?
Old 2007-08-26, 07:49   Link #46
Coreyart

Where exactly did you guys hear about this Garcadia? Thats really interesting. I find it must be hard for someone to pilot a robot that pilots another robot. But Im glad Simon finally changed into his new jacket that we see in episode 1. This is getting better, how in the world can they top this episode we shall see.
Old 2007-08-26, 08:07   Link #47
7Th
Mixtape

Poor under appreciated Evangelion reference...

Spoiler for Evangelion 24:
Old 2007-08-26, 08:10   Link #48
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post

I thought about it when i first seen the shot on the official blog last night, though i wasn't to sure if i was looking to much into it. Ah well, yay Gainax.
Old 2007-08-26, 08:21   Link #49
X_Danny_X

i hope that Rossiu kills himself but since i saw him in adult form next to Simon, it is pretty much given he lives.
Old 2007-08-26, 08:26   Link #50
Dave1988
Kick reason to the curb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
i hope that Rossiu kills himself but since i saw him in adult form next to Simon, it is pretty much given he lives.
facepalm.jpg

People still believe it's Rossiu?
Old 2007-08-26, 08:27   Link #51
Grey

What in the--. The moon's a giant ship? How very convenient for GenomeHead to only reveal this now. >_>
Old 2007-08-26, 08:28   Link #52
terrus

Yeah i thought 'Evangelion' when i saw that scene too, but still it was an amazing and fantastic epsiode and i'm going to be smiling all day because of it, best ep since 15. Still it amazes me how far the series has come since the first episode and i can see how the last three arcs were homages to the mecha genre over the last 30 years, coupled togther with the 40% and gainax's own take on mecha this probably going to be the best anime of the year let alone the season.
Old 2007-08-26, 08:37   Link #53
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1988 View Post
facepalm.jpg

People still believe it's Rossiu?
Yes, I'm one of those people. It's pretty pointless to kill him off now. But who knows what Gainax has in store for us.
Old 2007-08-26, 08:38   Link #54
Dave1988
Kick reason to the curb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashiken View Post
Yes, I'm one of those people. It's pretty pointless to kill him off now. But who knows what Gainax has in store for us.
I also doubt that they'll kill him off but taking him as a crew member of the Cathedral Terra? The ship runs on "believe in me who believes in you!". It doesn't need Mr. Backstabbing prick.
Old 2007-08-26, 08:41   Link #55
Boohahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
I think it is him in the Intro but with shorter hair, the voices are different but then again so was Simon's because of the time skip.

I like Rossiu's character and I hope we see more of him, he brings a different dimension and realism to the rather repetitive SHOCK AND AWE victory speeches and battles.
Old 2007-08-26, 08:41   Link #56
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Try to remember that both shows are Gainax material.
Old 2007-08-26, 08:48   Link #57
Dave1988
Kick reason to the curb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Try to remember that both shows are Gainax material.
Yes, I know that it's a homage to Eva. I just couldn't stop myself from posting that pic
Old 2007-08-26, 09:16   Link #58
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
I also doubt that they'll kill him off but taking him as a crew member of the Cathedral Terra? The ship runs on "believe in me who believes in you!". It doesn't need Mr. Backstabbing prick.
Well, Viral was a hated enemy (who killed Kamina), but everyone now probably accepts him as a comrade. Nia became a hated enemy of humanity, but Simon still wants to save her. So what if Rossiu is a prick now? He'll probably do something to redeem himself and regain his position as a valued comrade in the Gurren team.
It has always been like this throughout the whole show.
Old 2007-08-26, 09:28   Link #59
TrueKnight

eh? maybe you meant Tymliph instead of Viral who killed Kamina.

And it's that Nia and Viral are hated/wrong. But the difference are that Viral comes out as an enemy in the first place, only becoming an ally in ep 21. Nia became "evil" againts her own will as shown in the previous eps and becomes apparent in ep 22.

Now for Rossiu......man. This guy comes out first as one of Simon's most trusted ally starting from ep 5 to around 15-17. But ended backstabbing poor Simon out of some his personal political ambition propaganda and had sort of a Messiah complex. I was hoping this son of a bitch ended up dead (i.e shot himself) but I guess our Garlock hero is too kind for that.
Old 2007-08-26, 09:34   Link #60
7Th
Mixtape

By the way, am I the only one that believes Simon took off Nia's plot armor this episode? When she said she could not return it was a sure thing she was going to be saved but now that Simon said that any probability other than zero is equal to a hundred percent he basically created some some ambiguity around her future.
Closed Thread