AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-30, 06:44   Link #3021
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaefer_zwei View Post
All Characters in CG seem to have a happy ending except for Lulu though. he fought and died for peace. yet theirs that sad part that he never got the just reward.
I would not say it is not a happy ending for him, cause he chose to die so the rest of the world will have a bright future ahead. He was happy to make this sacrifice.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 06:45   Link #3022
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
You do realise that this whole mess started because Rivalz was a crappy driver in the first episode, right?
haha

Well, thanks to rivalz, we did see lelouch's greatness <3

Lelouch

Leeeeeeeeeeelouch
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 10:18   Link #3023
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post
I would not say it is not a happy ending for him, cause he chose to die so the rest of the world will have a bright future ahead. He was happy to make this sacrifice.
He chose to 'die'. But he's still very much alive and kicking actually.
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 10:24   Link #3024
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

He's not dead. Stop killing him. He's with me now.
Spring_sakura111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 10:25   Link #3025
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droplet View Post
He chose to 'die'. But he's still very much alive and kicking actually.
That's not a fact. That's more wishful thinking on the part of fans due to the ambiguous line said by C.C. at the end.
Old 2008-09-30, 10:27   Link #3026
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
That's not a fact. That's more wishful thinking on the part of fans due to the ambiguous line said by C.C. at the end.
We have more then ambiguous lines thank you very much, and ambiguity is what Sunrise and Taniguichi thrive on, so if they want to invite doubt on the matter then I shall take them up on the offer
Old 2008-09-30, 10:35   Link #3027
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Lelouch lives > Lelouch died.
Old 2008-09-30, 10:41   Link #3028
zalem

So you guys say....but the only hard evidence I see is that line and that line can be easily explained to be something else (C.C. "talking" to Lulu outloud like Kallen was talking to him). Not exactly strong evidence imho.

Do most of you guys who believe he is alive believe he knew about the code and planned it or do you believe that he got Charles' code but didn't know about it? If I had to choose either of these I would choose the latter. Simply because I strongly feel the former totally butchers Lelouch's character.

Basically it would mean that he left Suzaku holding the bag and just ran off with C.C. breaking his promise to Suzaku (and yes, I rewatched the scene between the two he actually DID promise Suzaku that he would let Suza kill him). That totally destroys his heroic sacrifice and assassinates his character. It makes one of his last acts the breaking of a promise. Why any Lelouch fan would want that is beyond me. At least in the second situation ("surprise immortality") his character's integrity is kept in tact. He truly was prepared to die and didn't realize he had the code and would not. In that case you can't really blame him for breaking his promise. I also believe the evidence in the episode would support that theory more. If he truly thought he was going to die and Suzaku and C.C. also thought that, then it would explain why they were sad and crying. It would explain Lelouch's resignation facing death and the "life flashing before his eyes" scene. His behavior screams that he thought he would die and that he did NOT know about this code immortality. So the "surprise immortality" is the stronger argument if you were going to argue he was alive.

The only problem with this of course is if he was surprised then I think it would have made the situation very difficult for him on the platform when he revives. And that's the one point that seems to be unanswered from the "live" camp.

Anyway, I still think he is dead. But if he did miraculously live I think it was due to Charles' code and that he did NOT know about it when he died.
Old 2008-09-30, 10:44   Link #3029
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opi View Post
i thought this at first too, but then i realized if rivalz never inadvertantly caused lelouch to get the geass, then Charles would've just Evangelion'ed the world, and everyone would be gone.

rivalz = hero of the series? i think so
lol, if you are willing to go that far then shouldn't it be the Nun who deserves all the credit? If it wasn't for her there won't be any of this to begin with .

Quote:
So you guys say....but the only hard evidence I see is that line and that line can be easily explained to be something else (C.C. "talking" to Lulu outloud like Kallen was talking to him). Not exactly strong evidence imho.
only, Kallen was saying it inside her mind. I just thought i should point that out
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 10:46   Link #3030
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by utau View Post
lol, if you are willing to go that far then shouldn't it be the nun who deserves all the credit? If it wasn't for her there won't be any of this to begin with .

Only, kallen was saying it inside her mind.
all hail the nun!
Old 2008-09-30, 10:49   Link #3031
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring_sakura111 View Post
all hail the nun!
Well, you know the nun had to get the Code from someone else as well, so the person we all must give credit for is probably lost in the obscurity of time
Old 2008-09-30, 10:49   Link #3032
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utau View Post
only, Kallen was saying it inside her mind. I just thought i should point that out
So? That doesn't mean anything. People talk outloud to ones they've lost all the time. They are doing the same thing. Only one is thinking and the other is talking out loud.
Old 2008-09-30, 10:50   Link #3033
KrimzonStriker

I believe in Orange-kun to provide the questions to which we now need real answers, he's to badass to not answer my faith in the matter
Old 2008-09-30, 10:51   Link #3034
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Basically it would mean that he left Suzaku holding the bag and just ran off with C.C. breaking his promise to Suzaku (and yes, I rewatched the scene between the two he actually DID promise Suzaku that he would let Suza kill him). That totally destroys his heroic sacrifice and assassinates his character. It makes one of his last acts the breaking of a promise.
Leaving Suzaku to hold the bag? Yes. Breaking a promise? No.

Lelouch told Suzaku he would let him kill him and he did, if Lelouch pops back up again after a few minutes that does not render the promise void because Lelouch did die, he just didn't stay dead. For all intents and purposes their promise was fulfilled.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 10:53   Link #3035
reaper_unique

Quote:
see original post
true I guess, but if he really is dead then why would C.C say that line? They could have easily made her say another line in another place with no one around.
reaper_unique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 10:55   Link #3036
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper_unique View Post
true I guess, but if he really is dead then why would C.C say that line? They could have easily made her say another line in another place with no one around.
One of many strange points that I advocate they want to invite these doubts now
Old 2008-09-30, 10:56   Link #3037
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper_unique View Post
This is what Sunrise wanted. Active members in active forums debating about what really happened.
Old 2008-09-30, 10:58   Link #3038
bran
h e a d s h o t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring_sakura111 View Post
This is what Sunrise wanted. Active members in active forums debating about what really happened.
and lol at them while they rage at each other

Farewell...and thank you.
bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 10:58   Link #3039
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
I believe in Orange-kun to provide the questions to which we now need real answers, he's to badass to not answer my faith in the matter
So you are telling me Orange knew about this immortality plan and C.C. and Suzaku didn't? That seems highly improbable. And that idea points to Lelouch having known ahead of time about code, which I think most of the evidence in the show is against (the behavior of Lulu, C.C. and Suzaku are all against this...and these are the most important characters here and the ones who would definitely know the complete details of Zero Requiem). Orange is loyal, if Lelouch explained just how important ZR is to him and told Orange to obey his orders he would obey them.

Why would one want to ruin Lelouch's very noble and powerful sacrifice? At the very least not know of code, doesn't take away from his intent in this scene.
Old 2008-09-30, 11:00   Link #3040
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bran View Post
and lol at them while they rage at each other
Haha, Yeah. Lelouch is a unique character. VEERY. Student > Leader of a terrorist group> Chick Magnet > Emperor > Immortal. WOW!