AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-24, 05:13   Link #1
Sledeau

[Anime] Episode 8: Philosopher's Stone

Since 7, I've been expecting good stuff, and looks like we're getting it. The episode continues with the dark tone and it really showed some of the main character's vulnerabilities.

What do you all think?
Old 2003-11-24, 07:10   Link #2
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

just seen ep8, damn I still feel depressed about what happened to Nina, Im looking forward to ep9 the preview looks good.

Spoiler:
Old 2003-11-24, 07:49   Link #3
Gabriel710
Angel Of Death

Damn this was a great. It looks like the next ep is chapter 3 of the Manga.

Hmm I just noticed that this series is taking place in pre-World War 1 Germany. Im basing this on the Fuhrer. But I could be wrong though because this is an anime after all. But if it is though I wonder if World War 1 will unfold in the series. Unless someone can correct me on this?
Old 2003-11-24, 08:12   Link #4
Hao Asakura
Newbie arimasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledeau
Since 7, I've been expecting good stuff, and looks like we're getting it. The episode continues with the dark tone and it really showed some of the main character's vulnerabilities.
Another great episode after all the touching moment in ep 7.
Spoiler:
Old 2003-11-24, 10:46   Link #5
FMPFaN83
Sick of Power Abuse

Can't wait for ep 9 does anyone know the homepage for the group whose doing the subbing?
Old 2003-11-24, 11:24   Link #6
BME
Belldandy Fanboy

Location: Stockholm, Sweden, Where Polar bears roam the streets
Hmm, I thought that it was Tucker who had killed all those women for his Chimera experiments, guess not then. But that walking Xbox commercial pillar just seems to get more evil for every episode. But I´m waiting for those weird guys we saw in the opening and ep 2, glutony I think one was called so I guess they´re all named after sins.
Old 2003-11-24, 11:45   Link #7
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Anime-Keep and ANBU are the main group ripping/subbing this. Neither have a webpage I know of, I think they coordinate through IRC.

Another good episode. Im hoping to see more on that mystery guy with the tatooed arm soon, there hasnt been much info on how he's going to tie in to the story yet.
Old 2003-11-24, 13:10   Link #8
Breogan
Umeboshi

The sites for both groups are:

Anime Keep
Anbu
Old 2003-11-24, 14:14   Link #9
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Good episode but once again the presentation of the story is really better in the manga, especially Scar (the guy who killed Nina), the way he's shown in the anime sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel710
Hmm I just noticed that this series is taking place in pre-World War 1 Germany. Im basing this on the Fuhrer. But I could be wrong though because this is an anime after all. But if it is though I wonder if World War 1 will unfold in the series. Unless someone can correct me on this?
No, Fuhrer just means leader, they called him like that because that sounds military lol
Old 2003-11-24, 14:22   Link #10
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breogan
The sites for both groups are:

Anime Keep
Anbu
I'm getting AnimeForever's version.
Old 2003-11-24, 14:32   Link #11
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
Another really good episode. They are setting up lots of stuff in this episode. I do however wish that the serial killer thing could have been a little more set-up because the butcher being the killer kind of felt like it was out of left field. I really like this series. I do want to read the manga eventually, are there any scanlations and if not what volume are they up to in the american release if there is one. Been so busy reading the Berserk scanlations. Can't wait to buy the Dark Horse version because i really love Berserk. Since i like this show so much and i hear the manga is better(which usually is) i would like to read it too.

Hey thanks for the ANBU website, i haven't been able to find it.
Old 2003-11-24, 14:54   Link #12
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Look here for the scanlation of FMA
Old 2003-11-24, 14:58   Link #13
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Ta for the webbies Breogan.

ToriyamaWorld are scanslating FMA, its currently unlicenced. And Berserk rocks

edit: Damn you Hunter, you tart :P
Old 2003-11-24, 15:25   Link #14
Xiandu

Sweet! thanks guys i am downloading them right now. And for those who haven't read the berserk scanlations i do recommend it. Damn i loved the anime but the manga is so much better. Only i have one problem i can't find the first 3 vol. for some reason the Hawks don't have em on their website.
Old 2003-11-24, 15:53   Link #15
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiandu
Sweet! thanks guys i am downloading them right now. And for those who haven't read the berserk scanlations i do recommend it. Damn i loved the anime but the manga is so much better. Only i have one problem i can't find the first 3 vol. for some reason the Hawks don't have em on their website.
That's because the first 3 volumes of Berserk have been licensed. (the rest is still unlicensed though)
Old 2003-11-24, 15:55   Link #16
Sledeau

If you live in the US, the Berserk manga is being released officially now.
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...93070209&itm=4
Other countries, no idea.
Old 2003-11-24, 16:01   Link #17
DarkSide Hero
Hero From the Darkside

Quote:
ToriyamaWorld are scanslating FMA, its currently unlicenced. And Berserk rocks
it is licenced, you can get it at any larger book store right now, along with Gunslinger Girl.
Old 2003-11-24, 16:17   Link #18
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

you think the anime will pass TY in their scanlations?
Old 2003-11-24, 16:29   Link #19
Xiandu

Oh ok thanks. I knew that the first Berserk manga was out but i didn't know that just the first 3 were licensed. Damn i read a website that explained the translations but didn't provide what was going on. Luckily i know alot about Berserk so even though it didn't show pictures or insight i could follow what was going on by just what they were saying. Only thing was the count and his daughter, wasn't in the anime. Neither was poor Puck. I knew of him because i played the Dreamcast game which rocked.

Anyone else interested in playing the SquareEnix game for this series. I know i am.
Old 2003-11-24, 17:02   Link #20
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
you think the anime will pass TY in their scanlations?
I have a feeling they are going to break off from eachother really soon... considering the anime is jumping all over parts of the manga...
Closed Thread