AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2011-12-12, 06:55   Link #141
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I think that the chapter 16.5 will rather be adapted into R-15 OVA than R-18 OVA
I thinks it is better not to discuss about it here, you can can go to other forum to discuss about this

BTW I belive it should be 2 Arc only ALO and SAO, GGO is a bit far ahead, a movie or OVA should be find because generally at the end of ALO, there are no actual threats any more and they can get away with the censor, those who read GGO arc should know what I mean.

Last edited by hayate-sama; 2011-12-12 at 08:58.
hayate-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 10:29   Link #142
tomtkp

I think the first season will only include SAO and ALO arcs. Trying to squeeze GGO arc into the first season is inappropiate for me but I don't think GGO arc would be a movie or OVA either, instead it may be slated for the second season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
Soooo SAO is having how many episode's total?
SAO is confirmed to be 2-cours. If it's 2-cours, it means either 24, 25 or 26 episodes.
Old 2011-12-12, 10:47   Link #143
tsunade666

2 cours are enough for SAO, ALO and GGO without the side stories. vol 1 and 2 are for SAO and 3-4 ALO and skip the SS and go with vol 5-6 GGO. Even the vol 2 of SAO is still a SS. The SS of this series is just pretty random so I don't even care much about it. They can do it as an ova if it sells a lot. But the pretty much good way to end it is GGO. The next major arc is pretty long that it can eat the a whole 2 cour plus it's not even yet available in the light novel version.
Old 2011-12-12, 12:31   Link #144
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
2 cours are enough for SAO, ALO and GGO without the side stories. vol 1 and 2 are for SAO and 3-4 ALO and skip the SS and go with vol 5-6 GGO. Even the vol 2 of SAO is still a SS. The SS of this series is just pretty random so I don't even care much about it. They can do it as an ova if it sells a lot. But the pretty much good way to end it is GGO. The next major arc is pretty long that it can eat the a whole 2 cour plus it's not even yet available in the light novel version.
Yeah they are pretty random just like the author put a SS out when he like it yet I think that going for GGO in two cours is not a good idea since SAO world is almost complete, all even mention in volume has been covered by the SS. It is also cost reduction too since they don't have to make 3 openings since these 3 arc have different design for Kirito alone , GGO can be OVA and Alicization can have it own season but I doubt that 2 couses season is enough.
Old 2011-12-12, 12:35   Link #145
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I can imagine that the SS will be included on the TV series Blu-ray as OVA bonus
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 19:24   Link #146
djmaca
My Girl ↓

SAO does jump around in volume 2... Hope they stick to the main story in the anime.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 20:44   Link #147
com_gwp

2 cours confimed? I'm guessing they'll probably do the SAO and ALO arcs then, probably the first 4 books. I'd rather not see them try to squeeze in the GGO books since most of the major plotlines were wrapped up then in book 4, which would give a nice conclusion to the series. If anything, more exposition with the SAO side stories would be better served in the overall consideration of the plot.

I'd actually like to see them not follow strictly to the books, but rather insert the side stories into the main SAO arc where it makes sense so that everything wraps ups nicely.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 21:08   Link #148
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
I'd actually like to see them not follow strictly to the books, but rather insert the side stories into the main SAO arc where it makes sense so that everything wraps ups nicely.
Following the timeline correctly would definitely make sense. But is there anything special about the side stories(volume 2)? I mean, I skipped to v3 to follow the main story, but is there any thing special explained in the side stories?
Old 2011-12-12, 22:38   Link #149
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Following the timeline correctly would definitely make sense. But is there anything special about the side stories(volume 2)? I mean, I skipped to v3 to follow the main story, but is there any thing special explained in the side stories?
Not especially but you get to meet characters that will reappear later and at least for me I enjoyed the side stories in volume 2 way more than 3 or 4.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 23:01   Link #150
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Not especially but you get to meet characters that will reappear later and at least for me I enjoyed the side stories in volume 2 way more than 3 or 4.
Same here, Volume 2 is much enjoyable if you love the story setting SAO, ALO loss some factor that make the VRworld seem real and Volume 2 is more emotional compare to vol 3 and vol 4 (except volume 3 prologue and volume 4 last chapter).
Old 2011-12-13, 00:43   Link #151
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayate-sama View Post
Same here, Volume 2 is much enjoyable if you love the story setting SAO, ALO loss some factor that make the VRworld seem real and Volume 2 is more emotional compare to vol 3 and vol 4 (except volume 3 prologue and volume 4 last chapter).
Isn't it because ALO adds real-world events while SAO is mostly in-game?
Old 2011-12-13, 04:08   Link #152
tomtkp

Quote:
Isn't it because ALO adds real-world events while SAO is mostly in-game?
I think it's partly because ALO is not a "death game" itself. Some may feel that a VR game/world is not real if it's not a "death game" because if a player dies, he/she will just be revived at the save point. Some might not noticed that the main theme of SAO series is to explore the true meaning of a virtual world and to answer the question whether "a virtual world can be another reality or not". The story of Fairy Dance does not seem to follow the main theme of SAO, instead the story just focuses on Kirito's adventure in ALO to save Asuna and also the relationship between him and his sister. This is the reason that makes Fairy Dance seemingly inferior to SAO arc and Phantom Bullet arc (GGO) but if you are an action fan, Fairy Dance will still be an enjoyable ride for you.

As for the side stories, the story is quite enjoyable to read. Even if the side stories are random, there are one or two side stories that are very good particularly. I would recommend the 4th side story in volume 2 and volume 7 Mother's Rosario as the best among the side stories.
Old 2011-12-13, 05:49   Link #153
tsunade666

Quote:
Yeah they are pretty random just like the author put a SS out when he like it yet I think that going for GGO in two cours is not a good idea since SAO world is almost complete, all even mention in volume has been covered by the SS. It is also cost reduction too since they don't have to make 3 openings since these 3 arc have different design for Kirito alone , GGO can be OVA and Alicization can have it own season but I doubt that 2 couses season is enough.
3 new op means 3 new good songs and that's good for me. Honestly I can't see them not squeezing it or at least. It's not even squeezing at all if they fit those 3 arcs at all in 2 cour. Because it's a 2 cour season. Though they might take some random time at all to make it longer and possible to only animate SAO and ALO. But I like GGO!!! ANIMATED! GGO>ALO>SAO that's for me. Like beam sabers, like the battle with the fly system and the dual weapon system in SAO but really. SAO for me is the weakest story
Old 2011-12-13, 07:30   Link #154
com_gwp

Quote:
2 of the side stories are pretty important, one which concerns kirito's guild backstory (which would really fit in nicely at one point in the SAO story) and the other which introduces a pretty core character from vol 3 onwards. Plus the 2 other side stories in vol2 introduces minor characters you'll see throughout the series. All the sides stories also occur during the 2 year gap in SAO or alongside the story in vol1, so it could fit into the SAO arc or as flashbacks at some point.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 09:05   Link #155
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
2 of the side stories are pretty important, one which concerns kirito's guild backstory (which would really fit in nicely at one point in the SAO story) and the other which introduces a pretty core character from vol 3 onwards. Plus the 2 other side stories in vol2 introduces minor characters you'll see throughout the series. All the sides stories also occur during the 2 year gap in SAO or alongside the story in vol1, so it could fit into the SAO arc or as flashbacks at some point.
Meh... *looks at baka-Tsuki's timeline*

Jumping around like this isn't good... LOLZ... What was the author thinking....?

Edit...

Also, what's with the LQ site? AccelWorld has a more awesome one.

Last edited by djmaca; 2011-12-13 at 10:08.
Old 2011-12-13, 11:02   Link #156
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:

Jumping around like this isn't good... LOLZ... What was the author thinking....?

Edit...

Sunrise has more money and AW air first

Quote:
But I like GGO!!! ANIMATED! GGO>ALO>SAO that's for me
Mine is SAO>GGO>ALO. GGO better than ALO because it don't have a disgusting villain and chibi Shinon is the cutest of all, just look at each volume back cover and you will know why.
Old 2011-12-13, 12:43   Link #157
tomtkp

Quote:

Edit...

It's not like the author wanted to jump around the stories like this. He even apologised to the readers about that in volume 2 afternotes. And there is a reason: SAO is originally a web novel before turning into light novel.
Old 2011-12-13, 13:14   Link #158
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
It's not like the author wanted to jump around the stories like this. He even apologised to the readers about that in volume 2 afternotes. And there is a reason: SAO is originally a web novel before turning into light novel.
Just read Bakuman and you will see why the author do it like, do you really think that all the flash backs and foreshadows are planned from the beginning , Reki sensei him self said that because of this he have to plan things out so that this won't happen again but not it is not people hate it anyway .
Old 2011-12-13, 18:57   Link #159
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Sunrise has more money and AW air first

Mine is SAO>GGO>ALO. GGO better than ALO because it don't have a disgusting villain and chibi Shinon is the cutest of all, just look at each volume back cover and you will know why.
SAO > ALO > GGO for me... ALO and GGO felt weaker due to loss of the mortality rate in playing games... SAO is about survival, ALO is how Kirito went and saved Asuna from the evil Elf King(sounds like some Norwegian fairytale), and GGO....

Heh... I 'm just starting GGO...
Old 2011-12-13, 19:16   Link #160
tsunade666

^
Spoiler:

Tags
action, romance, shounen