AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shin Sekai Yori

Notices

Old 2012-10-16, 14:33   Link #441
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I'll trust Shun myself. He's too sweet a kid to suspect. Yes, he tends to encourage the others to disregard the rules, but this is consistent with him being the most intelligent of the group. For example, he knew that what the elders did to them in the temple of purity was a form of hypnosis. There's no way he would know things like that and not suspect there's something wrong with their community at the very least. But he can't say anything since it's too dangerous. All he can do is to encourage the others to figure things out by themselves.

That's how I see it at least.
I feel the same way about him. Shun obviously knows more than he lets on, but I don't think he has any kind of bad intentions. I'm pretty sure he's a genuinely good person, and I think he will stay that way for the remainder of the anime.
Old 2012-10-16, 14:34   Link #442
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Famous last words
Pretty much. The one who looks like trouble but I think won't be is Satoru (and to an extent Saki since she's the focus character). The other three are pretty suspicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm pretty sure he's a genuinely good person, and I think he will stay that way for the remainder of the anime.
Even if he is a genuinely good person I think something is going to happen to him sooner or later. I can't help thinking that the demon story was a hint, and the timeskip picture doesn't help.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 14:34   Link #443
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Famous last words
Well, don't you think Narrator-san would have warned us about Shun if there was something wrong with him?

Instead we got a warning about Maria of all people....
Old 2012-10-16, 14:43   Link #444
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Pretty much. The one who looks like trouble but I think won't be is Satoru (and to an extent Saki since she's the focus character). The other three are pretty suspicious.

Even if he is a genuinely good person I think something is going to happen to him sooner or later. I can't help thinking that the demon story was a hint, and the timeskip picture doesn't help.
Well since he is the leader of the group , the story was read by him to put indirect pressure on the group. If anything, he is less likely to do anything rash. And the warning was given about Maria, so she's the first problem imo.
Old 2012-10-16, 14:46   Link #445
Blaat

I think Shun will have a good cause but due to external circumstances will cause him to fall. ;P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Only a couple of seiyuus are playing their characters at both ages (said to be 12 and 14). Those are Kana-chan (Maria) and our apparent star, Taneda Risa (Saki). Shun at 12 is played by a woman, Toudou Mai, but at 14 by a young man who appears to be around 14 himself, Murase Ayumu.
14? Wow I assumed, like everyone else considering their looks, the kids would be adults post time skip.
Old 2012-10-16, 14:53   Link #446
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I think Shun will have a good cause but due to external circumstances will cause him to fall. ;P14? Wow I assumed, like everyone else considering their looks, the kids would be adults post time skip.
They are still in their uniforms so they would not be adults.
Old 2012-10-16, 14:56   Link #447
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Well, don't you think Narrator-san would have warned us about Shun if there was something wrong with him?
I think the narrator is biased
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 14:58   Link #448
orion

Quote:
I think the narrator is biased
Saki is the narrator so she should know what she is talking about.
Old 2012-10-16, 15:46   Link #449
Random32
Also a Lolicon

WildMassGuessing type theories

So with the info of:
-Shun knows a lot more than he should, and suggests a fairly rebellious action in a society where that is NOT taken lightly
-Future Saki is narrator and should know everything
-Nothing bad has been said by narrator about Shun yet
-We are warned about Maria of all people

theory 1
Saki, Shun, and maybe some others start a rebellion against stuff that is obviously wrong about this society, Maria gets in their way.

theory 2, sorta like the first, but from a slightly different angle
Shun and Saki do something reckless that will spell their doom. Maria tries to stop them for their own good, but Future Saki still thinks Maria is the bad guy.

Anyways, when were we warned about Maria? I was only half awake watching the latest episode and I didn't catch anything about that.
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 15:51   Link #450
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random32 View Post
Anyways, when were we warned about Maria?
At the end of episode 2.
Old 2012-10-16, 16:03   Link #451
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Saki is the narrator so she should know what she is talking about.
That's the reason I think the narrator is biased in the first place.
Old 2012-10-16, 16:09   Link #452
kuromitsu

Random observations:

- nobody is looking very happy and positive in the timeskip pic. Something must have happened.
- Shun, Maria and Mamoru are facing away from the camera, Maria even does the whole Angsty Long Hair thing. Highly suspicious.
- I don't think Shun is going to survive the story. He gives off this whole "like me while you can because I'm going to die horribly" vibe. He's too perfect.
- Satoru obviously has a thing for Saki, though it seems neither of them have realized it yet. But in a few years there will be tension between him and Shun over Saki.
- That said, Satoru seems to me a more straightforward "confused but eventually does the right thing" type male lead character than Shun (plus, you know, Kaji Yuuki).

Last edited by Solace; 2012-10-16 at 17:26. Reason: Manga comment removed.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 16:49   Link #453
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I feel Saki's attraction to Shun, and I kind of like him, but I too just get the feeling that he is fairly sneaky under all that niceness. Is he the traitor to society? Is he the traitor to the group? I think one of those may be involved.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 17:28   Link #454
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

This is a semi-random reminder that if you have read the manga or novel, please refrain from using that information in this thread. This is especially important when a title such as this is built entirely around mystery - an accidental slip of information could do serious damage to that. Please be careful not to mention the manga and novel at all.
Old 2012-10-16, 18:15   Link #455
Random32
Also a Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I feel Saki's attraction to Shun, and I kind of like him, but I too just get the feeling that he is fairly sneaky under all that niceness. Is he the traitor to society? Is he the traitor to the group? I think one of those may be involved.
I think Shun is a traitor to society. He has encouraged rebellious acts.

Of course, considering what the society seems to be, I might consider that a good trait.

Quote:
At the end of episode 2.
Seems like I missed that as well.
Old 2012-10-16, 18:37   Link #456
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random32 View Post
I think Shun is a traitor to society. He has encouraged rebellious acts.

Of course, considering what the society seems to be, I might consider that a good trait.
That is my impression and (premature) conclusion too, with Saki forming a Baader-Ensslin couple.
Old 2012-10-16, 19:35   Link #457
Kirarakim

So we get our first bit of old and very advanced technology here. Clearly the children found something they shouldn't . But then I am wondering why it was so easy to find.

On another note the night river scene reminded me of a favorite scene in Night of the Hunter, just beautiful.

As for betrayal, I have a feeling it will be unintentional, a child making a mistake. Shun going against their society works for me too.
Old 2012-10-16, 21:18   Link #458
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:

Instead we got a warning about Maria of all people....
If there's one thing I've learned from Japanese literature, it's "never trust the narrator." Even if they don't outright lie to you, they still love to lead you astray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
So we get our first bit of old and very advanced technology here. Clearly the children found something they shouldn't . But then I am wondering why it was so easy to find.
They did go further than they were supposed to; perhaps the minoshiro is the reason travel is restricted.

Quote:
On another note the night river scene reminded me of a favorite scene in Night of the Hunter, just beautiful.
I thought of Night on the Galactic Railroad myself.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 10:27   Link #459
Random32
Also a Lolicon

I think it was so easy to find because:
-Anyone who found it would not find out about what it actually was due to lack of sunglasses. The thing would just hypnofreeze them and run away, which would've happened to our protagonists if Saki wasn't wearing sunglasses.
-Anyone who found out would be killed, and probably erased from existence (like Reiko). This was hinted at by Satoru's stories.
-People just follow the rules and don't go looking. Rule following is so inherent in their society, they refuse to acknowledge when someone has broke the rules, but rather just erases them from memory. (what happened to the cheater in the ball thing)
Old 2012-10-17, 16:21   Link #460
Arya

This show is impressive. I need to rewatch the episodes cause surely I haven't caught everything. Anyways I almost agree with the feeling about Shun, he will do something against someone between the society or the group, now it's hard to guess.
The night river scene was beautiful, very well done Shun, but when he touched Saki's hand I thought he went to far for "anime standards" to not raise some ominous flags. He was too straightforward.
So far I think that he knows more than he shows, more enough to know how far they could go beyond the limit to not actually cross that invisible line. But after the PV, it's more like he think to know where that line lie, but probably he misjudged it
Anyways, at a certain point he will have to stop his friends pushing forward, and stop seconding Saki, but doing so will mean going against them. Probably Saki and Satoru, having Maria as unwanted ally, who for her jealousy (?) will do something bad.
So basically I hope that he will look like he betray them, but for their own sake. I would prefer that than him following the tale demon path.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, science fiction, supernatural