Old 2012-12-17, 14:56   Link #601
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

bought more stuffs on amazon:
USB 3.0 Cable 9.8 Feet - $9.13
Western Digital 2TB portable external hard drive usb 3.0 - WD hard drive - $150
12ft HD15 SXGA monitor cable - $11.10

amazon just shipped them today, so i guess i'll be getting them somewhere around this week.
Old 2012-12-19, 17:09   Link #602
Alchemist007
*Author

Cardiac arrest banzai?
Old 2012-12-20, 05:34   Link #603
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Well, it finally all came together and was built. :3

Spoiler for Light up, my pretty:
Old 2012-12-20, 14:22   Link #604
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ looking pretty good there. i'm going to start buying my new desktop as well soon.
it'll have i7 3930k and gtx 690 at the least. and a 30" dell monitor for maximum resolution
of 2560x1600. *drools*
Old 2012-12-26, 13:34   Link #605
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

bought a heck load of stuffs that were EXPENSIVE:

from amazon:
Dell UltraSharp U3011 30" Monitor - $1099.99
Accell UltraAV Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable - $18.96
C2G DVI-D cable - $9.34
Kashi TLC Cereal Bar, Ripe Strawberry - $17.88

and this is the mother of all craziness thing that i have ever bought in my life.
CyberPower Gamer Infinity 8800 Pro SE - $3422!
comments: with this desktop, i'll probably wont need to buy another one for another 4-5 years...hopefully.
system spec
Spoiler:

EDIT: oh yeah, i also got a military hair cut like when i was in the Army. - $10 (that's with tips). :P
and some Chinese noodle for lunch. it looks like that noodle in Persona 4 when the main character
was eating at that chinese place. - $8

Last edited by Xefi; 2012-12-26 at 14:47.
Xefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 16:16   Link #606
Dextro
He Without a Title

DAUM! That's a hell of a lot of money forked over for a desktop there. I don't think I've ever gone past 2000 bucks for one and that's because I pay euros (hence taxes and the general expensiveness of the euro zone).

It really puts my purchases in perspective: Evangelion 1.11 Blu-Ray, Evangelion 2.22 Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time Blu-Ray of amazon.co.uk

That and a 500gb hard drive for the PS3.

All in all I spent about 150€ or so.

It's christmas, I'm allowed to spoil myself a bit
Old 2012-12-26, 16:29   Link #607
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
DAUM! That's a hell of a lot of money forked over for a desktop there. I don't think I've ever gone past 2000 bucks for one and that's because I pay euros (hence taxes and the general expensiveness of the euro zone).
yeah i know. i was comptemplating and thinking and thinking and thinking for about
a month before i give in and just bought it today.

just the gtx 690 alone is already $1000 and then you add in all the other stuffs. :P
i use computer everyday from doing graphic designing stuffs to playing videogames,
so i really hope this desktop will last at least 4-5 years for me. to me, it was well invested,
even if it cost me an arm and a leg...lol.

and with that Dell 30" monitor, i'm jumping the gun with the resolution to 2560x1600 as well.
that means when i get my desktop and monitor, i'm going to do wallpapers with
2560x1600 resolution from then on.

now i'm just patiently waiting for them to arrive. *cheers*
Old 2012-12-26, 21:25   Link #608
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Bought my parents a new coffee maker and slow cooker for Christmas.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 17:52   Link #609
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
$3422
Spoiler:
Oh god, the build-it-for-you sites price gouge so much. Before I made my first build years ago, I looked at such a site. It was particularly at the graphics card question at which I was like "wait a minute" and saw that the minimum they offered didn't have a price on it by itself but the upgrade to another card was almost what it was worth.

To illustrate in this case, the default selected for that computer model on their site is the 670 gtx superclocked, the minimum you can go is the "NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 1GB" (cheaper by $365), the 610 has some value (about $35-$40), so they're charging you 365 + 40 = $405 for the 670 gtx, and to get the "GTX 690 4GB" is + $793, so they're charging you $1198 for a graphics card of which brand they don't specify. While you can get the evga brand (very respectable) card for almost exactly $1000 on newegg, so it's a $200 'labor' charge just for the card. I like how they toss the word 'free' on that 670 gtx too like they upgraded it from the value of the 660 Ti.

Anyways that's from someone who buy their own pc parts, you'll find the phenomenon anywhere service labor is involved but it just pisses me off when I see it on something I know half a thing about

Just have fun with it and make me bigass wallpapers from now on
Old 2012-12-27, 18:19   Link #610
spikexp

Bought recently:
JVC HARX700

Computer part:
AMD FX-8320
Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3
2x4gb gskill ddr 1600 cl9
TX750 V2
Bitfenix merc beta (to put my old part in)
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 18:45   Link #611
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

@Alchemist007: thanks for the advise. i did a little research around and compare the prices of all
the stuffs they charge me for with amazon's prices as well before buying the PC.
i know that they did me in about $500+ for their service and labor. it's a price i
have to paid since i dont know much about building computer. i wish my cousin
was living with me; he knows a lot about building computer and could have save
me a few hundred dollars.

lol....i'd paid you the extra $500 service if YOU build me the computer instead of Cyberpower. :P

Cyberpower was the only place i have a little trust with the building. i tried iBuypower
but didnt like it much with their builds. amazon high-end pc have a bunch of rip-off
prices. and i dont like the Dell's computer build either, not to mention they charge
a lot more as well. >_______>;

and yeah, i'm gonna enjoy making wallpapers in the 2560x1600 resolution...it uses
to take me about 3-5 hrs. for the 1920x1080 wallies. it'll be 5-6 hrs. if i'm gonna do
the 2560x1600 (the higher resolution is much more time consuming and i'm going to need a lot more patient...lol).
i might even go back to 1080p since i'm so much more familiar with that resolution...who knows,
only time will tells now. the Desktop should arrive about Jan.15-20. i'll take a vacation
day off when it arrives. cant WAIT.

Bought more stuffs on amazon again:
Carhartt Men's Knit Hat with Visor - $9.99 each
comments: i bought 3 of them. one for me, one for mom, and one for my little bro.
Double-Layered, Super Warm Unisex Gloves - $7.99
comments: bought 2 of them. one for me, and one for my little bro. Southern Cali.
is getting pretty cold lately. i'll need these gloves and hat to go to work in the morning. *shivers/cold*
Old 2012-12-27, 20:21   Link #612
Alchemist007
*Author

I only wish they were more straightforward with the pricing, it's literally included with the parts as far as I can tell (don't know if they show more charges at checkout). So the extra $200 with the 690 vs the extra $40 with the 670 is confounding (well, ripping off is a more accurate). But I guess showing you bold text about things you're getting for "free" is more a priority.

Building it yourself isn't too hard actually, it's like a giant puzzle with instructions. There's youtube vids showing you how to do it too. The only other requirement is time to do it (and the right parts, but internet people can help with that).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPIXAtNGGCw
Old 2012-12-30, 09:25   Link #613
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
@Alchemist007: thanks for the advise. i did a little research around and compare the prices of all
the stuffs they charge me for with amazon's prices as well before buying the PC.
i know that they did me in about $500+ for their service and labor. it's a price i
have to paid since i dont know much about building computer. i wish my cousin
was living with me; he knows a lot about building computer and could have save
me a few hundred dollars.

lol....i'd paid you the extra $500 service if YOU build me the computer instead of Cyberpower. :P

Cyberpower was the only place i have a little trust with the building. i tried iBuypower
but didnt like it much with their builds. amazon high-end pc have a bunch of rip-off
prices. and i dont like the Dell's computer build either, not to mention they charge
a lot more as well. >_______>;
Carefull, you're probably not adding in the cost of the case, power supply and other bits and bobs (like fans and cables) but still that would come out at 150/200 bucks overall which means 300 bucks of service and labor. That's still insane! I hope they at least gave you free shipping and built it so well you feel good just taking the side of and marvelling at the tidyness.

The local shops I use here in Portugal charge in the vicinity of 40 to 60 euros to build a PC with the specs you choose and some of these are pretty darned good at building them.

Given that I took the opportunity to do a "small" big upgrade to my own computer and got this:

* 1x Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
* 1x AMD FX 6100 (3.3GHz, 6 logical cores)
* 2x Corsair 2x2gb ddr3 ram

Overall 250€, the Saturday afternoon spent changing everything and nearly going into panic when my disks won't power up due to a firmware bug.
Old 2012-12-30, 13:40   Link #614
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Purchased some acrylic paints and fine painting brushes from a coffee shop in my local area called nerdtopia https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nerdt...86416004751828 in preparation to paint the finer details in my thousand sunny model kit....its going to be tough....but fun.
Old 2012-12-31, 01:41   Link #615
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Note the size of the CD I placed on its right.

P.S If anyone else living in SG wants one, PM me. I have another on-hold order for my friend, but he has yet to reply on whether he wants it or not.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 22:04   Link #616
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

^Very, very pretty! I can certainly appreciate the figure, despite not being a big fan of the show (and especially not Madoka!). I hope you have a special place to set her up

My Hakase nendoroid just arrived in the mail today:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
She'll be joining the Nano nendoroid I picked up earlier this year <3

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 00:09   Link #617
CJ_Walker

You have NO idea how much I missed this.

I'm glad to be back in America again!
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 07:34   Link #618
Akarin

Yamaha PSR s950

and

Superocean 44

Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 08:19   Link #619
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Well, it finally all came together and was built. :3

Spoiler for Light up, my pretty:
Pretty damn sweet, I'm to damn much of a scaredy cat to put my own together. I always get the feelin of braking shit.
Old 2013-01-03, 19:19   Link #620
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

More music came in... bought them since I have frequent shoppers points left over and the yen got weaker...
Spoiler for big image: