AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-10-21, 18:35   Link #141
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

My face when clearing Tower Exterminate I, Tower Exterminate II and Orokin Derelict Defense missions last night:

Even more so than "Gurren no Yumiya," playing "The Only Thing I Know for Real" truly makes one feel like a boss. Especially in an Excalibur warframe. XD

My plan is now to keep a mix of high and low-level mods so I can slot those into my frame as needed...

I now need 850 plastids so I can make Rhino systems, then I need to get another 600 plastids for Soma.

Edit: Have been told by SB bros that Mimas at Saturn is a great place to farm plasmids, since you'll get about 400 or so after 20 minutes. Anybody willing to Taxi me there tonight, around 9-ish?

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2013-10-21 at 21:41.
Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 22:39   Link #142
KBTKaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
I maxed out the first health and shield mods that I got, now I have health mods piling up with no idea what to actually do with them.
Fusing them with mods of the same polarity is half the effectiveness of fusing same mods together, and fusing different polarities is half that value.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 22:52   Link #143
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

...shit, so that means I shoulda been fusing my Vitality mods with each other, and not fusion cards? Oh dear.

Also, really really tempted to just drop down 60 platinum and get the Plastids to make the Soma. The Boltor is nice, but I want the Soma, with a potato I bought a while back...

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 23:04   Link #144
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Eh? That's what I've been doing fusing same cards, or mods.

Actually for a while, I thought I could only fuse same cards and mods
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 23:18   Link #145
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

I wouldn't worry about maxing out health/shield mod just yet. It's better to dump your cards into ability augmentation cards and +dmg mod for rifle/shotgun/pistol first. For most runs, you only need as much shield as you comfortable with and health mod is only required for nightmare modes that strips all your shield.
Old 2013-10-22, 02:55   Link #146
Raviel

So, I just got a Plasma Sword blueprint from an alert mission. I have enough resources to build it, should I go for it?
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 04:09   Link #147
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Until you hit mastery lvl 4, just build and level any weapon you find to be able to use all market weapons and mastery lvl 8 to get access to all clan tech weapons.
Old 2013-10-22, 12:59   Link #148
Key Board
Carbon

Is this a good game to waste a lot of time?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 11:18   Link #149
KBTKaiser

Relatively, yes.

You effectively have access to like...95% of the game's content if you don't cash shop(mostly decorative stuffs)
Old 2013-10-23, 12:08   Link #150
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Had a relatively good haul today and managed to finally pick up the Banshee's helm (the final part I needed) after about 4-5 months of having all the other parts in the foundry.

Also had the Stalker come after me AGAIN right after I forma'd my Vandal for the second time, but luckily the other guys on the game help me deal with him and I ended up with the Dread blueprint.

As well as the above I managed to pick up the alternate Esprit Helmet for Vauban, not that I even have all the parts for Vauban anyway =/

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 23:23   Link #151
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Vauban is probably the only frame worth paying for since it only drops from mission alert. Despite the nerf, still a really powerful CC frame in the form of Vortex & Bastile.
Tesla is nice for the stun at high level against Corpus and bounce is convenient.

Don't like using Dread though, it's a sniper weapon that's good against light infested that are usually relies on swarming you and the high dmg is just wasted overkill. Going to sell it once i finish lvling it up to 30 and get a Paris Prime instead.
Old 2013-10-24, 00:00   Link #152
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well I'm using the Dread just to get a feel of how bow weapons work.

And so far, they are both more satisfying and less satisfying than rifles at the same time Basically if you hit the enemy it's mostly a 1hk and that feels great, but if you missed then there's like a second of cool down and doesn't feel good at all

The projectile travelling in an arc isn't helping either =_=

But despite all that, for some reason my Dread is levelling up at a pretty fast paced
Old 2013-10-24, 13:41   Link #153
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I'm really only making Dread because I can, since at the minute I'm drowning is resources and credits.

I didn't even particularly like Paris because I have the more effective Sniperton Vandal.

I've got the Vauban standard helm and the frame BP from alerts in the past so I only really need the systems and chassis.

Last edited by Drake; 2013-10-24 at 17:42.
Old 2013-10-24, 16:04   Link #154
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Wait, so the Grineers are trying to take over the solar system while the Corpus are specifically just targeting the Tenno ? At least, that's what it seems from the current Invasion Event.
Old 2013-10-24, 18:51   Link #155
KBTKaiser

basically, Grineer are going for a power grab into corpus territory. the Corpus were found experimenting on Tenno still in Cryo Pods. You either give Grineer another zone, or the Corpus find a way to subvert us players.
Old 2013-10-25, 02:06   Link #156
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Basically if you hit the enemy it's mostly a 1hk and that feels great, but if you missed then there's like a second of cool down and doesn't feel good at all
You can speed up your charge speed by using speed trigger and it's very noticeable in your killing speed with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I'm really only making Dread because I can, since at the minute I'm drowning is resources and credits.

I didn't even particularly like Paris because I have the more effective Sniperton Vandal.

I've got the Vauban standard helm and the frame BP from alerts in the past so I only really need the systems and chassis.
Drowning in credits? I'm always poor. I blame my fusion button for that. Dumping cores into things like Serration is killing my wallet.

Paris and Paris Prime are really good sniping weapon at high lvl in that they do armor ignore dmg while Snipertron Vandal only does Armor Piercing dmg. But bow mechanic is either a love it or hate it. Games like Mount & Blade made me <3 bow and i get a huge kick doing sliding shot with a bow.
Old 2013-10-25, 12:51   Link #157
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I'm sitting on about 300k at the minute, and thats even after the credits I spent building Dread and a few other things.

Not really sure how I have so many but I remember getting 10k a couple of times in a row for the 7 day + daily log-in reward.

The only resource I'm running low of is Neurodes (about 5 left) simply because of the lowish drop rate for them now.

I tried the Dread out last night during the event and it didn't really seem that much different from the Paris so I'm not sure if I'll bother leveling it up. With the vandal I can pretty much 1 hit kill anything bar the larger enemies so it'll be hard to find a replacement.

Old 2013-10-26, 13:34   Link #158
Raviel

I have to say I'm liking the event so far, working for the Corpus has been incredibly profitable for me (being a new player and all).

I can only pray to the RNG gods that they give a Vauban chassis as a Corpus reward later on, would be a shame to have two parts and then get nothing for months because of alerts
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 22:21   Link #159
KBTKaiser

Grineer supporters are storming the place hard.
Old 2013-10-28, 13:19   Link #160
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Not surprised as the Corpus are beyond annoying to fight.

I've lost count at how many times I've ran through a door only for my face to bounce off the laser barrier on the other side....

On the topic of the event I've racked in about 400k of credits, a catalysis BP, Forma, Vauban System BP, Jaw Sword, Team health packs and a reactor BP.

I believe my Banshee should be finished around about now as well !

So doing pretty well.

Tags
cyborg, fps, ninja