Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-18, 12:47   Link #201
Zelene2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
Hm...two subbers.

We got wet dreams and "I don't feel hot" in one. And hot weather and "I feel hot" on the other. Hm...
Where did you get the fansub from?

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche
Zelene2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 13:06   Link #202
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelene2004 View Post
Where did you get the fansub from?
Could just look on AnimeSuki...

WinD...

Straight? I don't think that Kuu would really care who she gets paired with...
Asrialys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 19:03   Link #203
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Straight? I don't think that Kuu would really care who she gets paired with...
Iyaaa, I think she would. She's clearly smitten with the prince...and she doesn't really show a romantic interest in Setsuna or Kozue.
Old 2007-01-18, 19:08   Link #204
Kipp
Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Iyaaa, I think she would. She's clearly smitten with the prince...and she doesn't really show a romantic interest in Setsuna or Kozue.
I agree, though I do think she'd be cute with Setsuna. At the moment, I keep getting weird vibes about Kyoshiro. I personally think he's up to no good. Also, I believe someone mentioned this earlier, about how "Lets go.. together" was like a trigger command. At the end of episode two when he said it to Kuu, she seemed to react to it differently than just "oh my dream guy says it." I noticed Setsuna also seemed to react to it. Then again, maybe I'm reading into things too much and no where near it.
Kipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 19:13   Link #205
Asrialys

I get the feeling that that line will be the last line in the anime...
Asrialys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 19:25   Link #206
Kipp
Uncertainty

Quote:
I get the feeling that that line will be the last line in the anime...
You're probably right about that. The phrase would work for other characters. Like, Kaon and Himiko leaving together, Kuu and whoever else etc.

Gotta have the dramatic music, the screen fading, soft fuzzy colors, and the phrase being said before the screen goes black and credits roll.
Old 2007-01-18, 21:19   Link #207
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Poor Setsuna, in a maid uniform. Definitely something's not right there. Yeah, Kyoshiro just gives off those "he's a bad boy" vibes. Run away, Kuu!

Or how about as a series ending...

Kyoshiro: Let's go. Together.
Kuu, in an extreme rage, uses Absolute Destruction and fries him.
Kuu: Ah! That felt good! Finally got that bastard back for stabbing me in the chest. Now where did Kaon and Himiko go....
Old 2007-01-18, 21:31   Link #208
Kipp
Uncertainty

Haha. I do wonder though if the chest stabbing is in reference of how in KnM you see Chikane and Himeko fighting. (this has been brought up before, but throwing it out again)

Annnd...

I noticed on Kyoshiro's main japanese website, there's now a 4th Absolute Angel mech listed with a picture. I'm wonder if it's Kyoshiro's or Kuu's? I wanna assume one of them is an Absolute Angel. Also, somewhere in the opening, you see the two of them sitting on a mech and looking out into the distance. That mech hasn't made an appearance yet, and looks enough like the recent web picture for me to say it's the same. Now the question is, whose is it?

When Kuu and Kyoshiro are riding away after the rescue from Kaon, he mentions how only Absolute Angels can fight Absolute Angels. Does that make Kyoshiro one? So far they all seem to be female. Obviously Kuu is something more than a normal human, but I don't know if she's an Absolute Angel, or something different. During the film showing, Kaon mentioned that AA's don't age, so wouldn't Kuu have noticed she hasn't grown older at all if she is one? And why is Kaon the only AA so far that bleeds? *fires off a million questions/min* I'm so confused.
Old 2007-01-18, 21:35   Link #209
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipp View Post
I noticed on Kyoshiro's main japanese website, there's now a 4th Absolute Angel mech listed with a picture. I'm wonder if it's Kyoshiro's or Kuu's? I wanna assume one of them is an Absolute Angel. Also, somewhere in the opening, you see the two of them sitting on a mech and looking out into the distance. That mech hasn't made an appearance yet, and looks enough like the recent web picture for me to say it's the same. Now the question is, whose is it?
From the looks of the Absolute Angel that appears at the end of the OP video - it looks to be in someway a upgrade to the one Setsuna has now, and seeing as though Kyoshiro is able to fuse with the current one being used - what you're saying would make a lot of sense. It'll probably come more into light once we find out what Kuu's link to all thats going on is.
Old 2007-01-18, 21:40   Link #210
Kipp
Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
From the looks of the Absolute Angel that appears at the end of the OP video - it looks to be in someway a upgrade to the one Setsuna has now, and seeing as though Kyoshiro is able to fuse with the current one being used - what you're saying would make a lot of sense. It'll probably come more into light once we find out what Kuu's link to all thats going on is.
Definitely. Kuu's attracting my attention now just so I know how she even fits into all of this. It's hard to picture her as this ass kicking Angel. Episode 3 airs in Japan tomorrow doesn't it? I'm not really sure how long it takes for subs to come out though.
Old 2007-01-18, 21:46   Link #211
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Definitely. Kuu's attracting my attention now just so I know how she even fits into all of this. It's hard to picture her as this ass kicking Angel.
I don't think thats gonna happen anytime soon - i just want her to stick doing her awesome internal monologues. Even if i couldn't stand this series at all, i'd watch just for them. :3

Quote:
Episode 3 airs in Japan tomorrow doesn't it? I'm not really sure how long it takes for subs to come out though.
Subs come out when they do - though the shows that epic, it'll be rawrawraw for me~

*hums Cross Heart*
Old 2007-01-18, 21:56   Link #212
Kipp
Uncertainty

Quote:
I don't think thats gonna happen anytime soon - i just want her to stick doing her awesome internal monologues. Even if i couldn't stand this series at all, i'd watch just for them. :3
I find some to be amusing. I loved her reaction to Kaon and Himiko kissing. "OMG WTF! wait... this... this... is... BEAUTIFUL!" <3

Quote:
Subs come out when they do - though the shows that epic, it'll be rawrawraw for me~

*hums Cross Heart*
Oh I'll be checking out the raw for sure. I won't have a clue what's going on, but I'll bask in the awesomeness of any Kaon and Himiko screenies.
Old 2007-01-18, 21:57   Link #213
orion

But Kyoshiro healed Kuu back in ep. 1 with a kiss. So I think that she's an AA too. Kaon was also surprised in ep. 2 that she hadn't "sensed it" yet whatever that meant.

Maybe her memories are implanted fake memories.
Old 2007-01-18, 22:04   Link #214
Kipp
Uncertainty

I keep getting the impression the AA's are manufactured. >< As in, whoever makes them, takes some random person, shoots them up with experiments, and there you go. So when Kaon asked Kuu in surprise that she hadn't sensed anything yet, it didn't really make sense to me. Sensing something comes off as if they were born that way, and it's something buried inside her that has yet to to be released. I think I just confused myself with posting this too. Maybe they start off as "human" until it's triggered? Could possibly explain why Kuu's family/friends etc haven't noticed anything. I'm unsure how the AA's are created, and if it's been touched upon so far, I wouldn't be surprised if I missed it.
Old 2007-01-18, 22:34   Link #215
orion

Not explained yet. Maybe they'll tell us later on.

I was thinking that she hadn't realized that she was an AA because of those memories with that trigger "Let's go. Together." We really hadn't seen what happened after she went with Prince. (For all we know, they could have taken her to a facility,converted her, put in the trigger, repressed the memory of the conversion and sent her back to the community to be called forth when needed. There has to be some sort of conditioning involved. You don't want weapons running amok.) When she thought about the Prince and that trigger and was in danger, something started to glow on her chest (in the area of the future stabbing from the OP). So maybe she has to be mortally wounded or killed to trigger her conversion into an AA via Absolute Return. Sort of like what happened in Tokko.
Old 2007-01-18, 22:52   Link #216
dojikyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Just like many of you I have to revise my first impressions upon my views for the start of this series.
~snip~
It's obvious that on a later arc Kaon will snap and return back the pain and humiliation to Mika a 1000x worse; it's for certain.

~snip~

Overall, a vast improvement in this episode from the previous one.

Most of the shots from the bath scene easily earned a R-15 rating.
Since the main characters are Kuu, Kyoshiro and Setsuna; it is more likely that Kaon will attempt to do so at one point and get pummeled by Mika.
dojikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 00:17   Link #217
Mangaka-chan

I'm rather intrigued by the shot of Kuu(?) holding a rose and wearing a Utena-inspired dress in the ED. If she is an Absolute Angel is that her true form? If not then why is she wearing that outfit? Or could it be something from a previous life? (okay that one's cliche but who knows)
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 01:31   Link #218
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But Kyoshiro healed Kuu back in ep. 1 with a kiss. So I think that she's an AA too. Kaon was also surprised in ep. 2 that she hadn't "sensed it" yet whatever that meant.

Maybe her memories are implanted fake memories.
but was it really a heal from kyo? from what i can see it was just a normal kiss in which kuu was caught off guard and so was really surprised and started blushing ~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
I'm rather intrigued by the shot of Kuu(?) holding a rose and wearing a Utena-inspired dress in the ED. If she is an Absolute Angel is that her true form? If not then why is she wearing that outfit? Or could it be something from a previous life? (okay that one's cliche but who knows)
this fact is interesting...i could say that it will be kuu's future battle costume when she finds her own powers as an AA ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 05:30   Link #219
cyth
Banned

Watched episode 03... Cliffhangers already... And the opening song has completely grown on me.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 06:03   Link #220
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Implanted fake memories, eh? Sounds like Tsubasa Chronicle. ^^

And I find Ohgami more and more Bond-ish with every scene... Probably since he kinda acted like a wimp in the early episodes of KnM.

Last thing. Chikane weilding Ame no Murakumo in Sword Form = most badass miko I've seen so far. It's amazing, Murakumo is acting as a shield and Avatar one moment and Chikane kicks ass with a huge blade the next.
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, kaishaku, romance, shounen