AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2009-06-16, 07:18   Link #241
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
IMO K-ON's music strength has always lied in its songs and not the BGM.

Besides, it's easier to milk song singles than OST's.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 12:26   Link #242
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Urgh, thanks to my lazy procrastination it took me forever to write out my thoughts and opinions on both of the character CDs, but here it is, for anyone that's interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
IMO K-ON's music strength has always lied in its songs and not the BGM.

Besides, it's easier to milk song singles than OST's.
Truer words have never been said.
Old 2009-06-16, 12:36   Link #243
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Not counting Key adaptions, KyoAni shows OST was never out standing. I never found a KyoAni show OST been 'OMFG this is amazing, when is the OST out?!'. I always found bgm the weakest point of KyoAni shows. Animation, voices, the details are all great, but the OST.
Old 2009-06-16, 12:43   Link #244
Sidestep
Bumpy jumpy~!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
Urgh, thanks to my lazy procrastination it took me forever to write out my thoughts and opinions on both of the character CDs, but here it is, for anyone that's interested.
Your thoughts are almost exactly the same as mine, but I'm actually quite fond of Sunday Siesta. Just gives me a strong K-ON! feeling, or something.
Old 2009-06-16, 17:55   Link #245
onemadcow

Most of the sales figures are in for the week, so here's an update (week 8 / week 4)

Don't Say 'Lazy': 27th for the week, sales 3678 (total 138233)
Fuwafuwa Time: 29th for the week, sales 3322 (total 62253)
Cagayake! Girls: 32nd for the week, sales 3190 (total 124495)

The source I have for the sales didn't specify which song was which, so based on the daily placements for the week I took my best guess. Oricon doesn't post official weekly sales until Wednesday. If I am incorrect, I'll fix this post. I was beginning to think that the steam was running out on all of the songs, but the early release of the character singles seems to be giving the OP/ED single another breath of life (on Monday's dailies, 'Lazy' was at #12 and 'Cagayake!' was at #13). Unless sales of other titles are extraordinarily weak, this bodes well for Mio/Yui tomorrow.

BTW, The full top 50 for albums have not been posted yet, but I'm not certain if it was that the soundtrack would even be on it. Will add info if it becomes available

Last edited by onemadcow; 2009-06-16 at 17:57. Reason: Adding OST comment
onemadcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 20:35   Link #246
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
Not counting Key adaptions, KyoAni shows OST was never out standing. I never found a KyoAni show OST been 'OMFG this is amazing, when is the OST out?!'. I always found bgm the weakest point of KyoAni shows. Animation, voices, the details are all great, but the OST.
Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid would like to have a word with you
zzeroparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 23:36   Link #247
Child_of_Sierra

Poor show, that's the nth time someone forgot to take the title into account when asked to evaluate kyoani's past works
(then again I'm not sure how the bgm for it sounded anymore as well...)
Old 2009-06-17, 08:36   Link #248
onemadcow

First day sales out for the character singles. Mio is at #2 (10.8k) and Yui is at #3 (10.2k).
Also, 'Lazy' at #28, Fuwa x2 at #30 and Cagayake! at #31. Yes, that's right. There are now 5 K-On singles in the top 50...

Pretty sure you'll end up seeing the character singles sell about the same as Fuwafuwa Time, but I'll reserve judgment until I see a couple more days figures (assuming one or both songs stay in the top 3)
onemadcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 09:36   Link #249
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I would prefer to judge when Mugi's come. Probably had some homoerotic track implanted in hers that yearns for some physical yuri scenario between Mio and Ritsu......

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 10:09   Link #250
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I never understand why boy bands sell so well. I'm the exact audience for boy bands, yet I always find them too ghey for my taste. Isn't V6 pretty old? I remember seeing them on my chinese-teenage-girls magazine I bought 5 years ago.

Yui and Mio sales are closer then I thought, I guess most people bought both. But honestly, vocal-wise, Mio seiyuu sounds really good. I honestly hope the seiyuu for Mio isn't a one-hit wonder like Hirano Aya. I still wonder why God knows sounds amazing compared to her own songs.

K-on singles tend to have a good consistant sales, most anison does sell quite evenly.
Old 2009-06-18, 20:12   Link #251
Sidestep
Bumpy jumpy~!
*Graphic Designer

I demand a single with "My Love is a Stapler" and the new song in episode 12!

Er, anyways, after listening to "future stream" by Sphere for awhile, I've gotta say I can't wait for Mugi's character single.
Old 2009-06-18, 21:21   Link #252
ichigo_m
Melting - Just because I

Send a message via AIM to ichigo_m Send a message via Yahoo to ichigo_m
My love is a stapler single comes out 9/7/09 (so long!)

I loved Yui's version of Fuwa Fuwa time.

"K-on daisuki!"
Old 2009-06-18, 21:33   Link #253
Sidestep
Bumpy jumpy~!
*Graphic Designer

Ah yes, I demand that too.

Y'know, I think Toyosaki Aki's singing has improved very much, considering FFT and Yui's character single.
Old 2009-06-18, 21:36   Link #254
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Wasn't that 7/9/09?
Old 2009-06-18, 22:25   Link #255
Midonin
Last Engage

The date for the album with "Stapler" (Which is labeled "After-School Tea Time", by the way), is released 7/22. Someone wasn't reading the date right.

Also confirmed is a character song single for Azunyan, an album on 9/2 that includes the five-girl version of the OP (and of "Let's Go"), and a character song CD for Sawako.

What I got out of all this amounts to one thing. A spit take. And then making sure my hard drive has adequate space.

With this news in hand, it can be safely said that the only characters in the show who haven't sung yet are Ui and Nodoka. But for how long?

Last edited by Midonin; 2009-06-18 at 23:29.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 00:05   Link #256
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Hmm...

So as of right now, I can easily say that my favorite insert song out of them all has to be "Brush and Ballpoint Pen" (if I remembered what it was called correctly). I don't know if Yui's little running flashback-a-thon contributed to this decision, but I highly enjoyed what I heard of the song.

Can't wait for the full version... oh but I'm still eagarly awaiting "My Love is a Stapler" as well.
Old 2009-06-21, 00:27   Link #257
arkxkra
全力全開

Yui version of Fuwa Fuwa Time also very nice, love it, but are they going to release this as well?? I hope it release together with the song Mio sing as well in the last episode, dunno that song name.
Old 2009-06-21, 00:35   Link #258
Sidestep
Bumpy jumpy~!
*Graphic Designer

I hope that "My Love is a Stapler" and "Brush and Ballpoint Pen" are together; best songs int he series IMO.
Old 2009-06-22, 00:43   Link #259
jeffp
Custom User Title

Saw amazon.co.jp entries for Mugi, Ritsu, and Azusa's character cd singles. The release date stated on all three item pages are 8/26.
jeffp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 03:00   Link #260
kawsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidestep View Post
I hope that "My Love is a Stapler" and "Brush and Ballpoint Pen" are together; best songs int he series IMO.
I agree.
I read it will appear soon. - 22.07 (?)
kawsay is offline   Reply With Quote