AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2006-07-09, 19:01   Link #881
Sun_Tze
I pity the foo!

Send a message via MSN to Sun_Tze Send a message via Yahoo to Sun_Tze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
So people blow up...big fricking deal...the main ref didn't see it, and one little ratty ref had to whine and bitch and get Zidane kicked off...man there were TEN MEASELY MINUTES left...let the guy go and take his penalty shot, rather than red-carding a retiring player! Sure rules are rules, but for the love of the game and the love of the fans and all of that, let it slide...I mean was the guy hurt? NO! He was acting and we all know it...such BS that authority had to step in and say red card when that mattaloser guy is just as guilty if not moreso...he acted, Zidane reacted. Had he not opened his trap, none of that woulda happened...the Italian shoulda gotten the red card, Zidane shoulda gotten a yellow.
Sure... as Illuyankas said, the ref would lose his job.

BTW: The Little ratty ref CAN see as much as the ussual ref and warn him. It's in the game rules.

BTW: I've been hearing of people considering Zizou a better player than Pele and Maradona. Did he played THAT well to deserve that?
Sun_Tze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 19:12   Link #882
lemondude
"super lemon"

who the hell is zizou. As for better, nobody is better than the great maradona and none surpasses PELE.

They should have let Zidane go man, I mean it's his last match, he had a great performance. The ref keep his job, but lost his soul. LOST HIS SOUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lemondude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 19:47   Link #883
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
I've listened to the French radios, and of course, no one, even among the supporters, the journalists was saying that red card wasn't deserved. Still, that &é")àç Italian is a pathetic well-known racist who should have gotten sanctions too. Sun Tze said C.Ronaldo was booed all along, but this was deserved. Zidane has been bashed by Italians only because of his origins for a very long time, and that's simply sickening. In another forum someone said "Racism, more than friendship, has always been in the center of football". And unfortunately, that's true...
For instance, at the end of the match, I surprised myself insulting Italians with words I'm really not proud of...
On the contrary, in some places in Italy, they've put obituaries of France in churches (that's a traditional way to grieve, they say. Here that's just a lame joke...)

So that's why I hate football in the first place...
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 20:36   Link #884
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tze
Sure... as Illuyankas said, the ref would lose his job.

BTW: The Little ratty ref CAN see as much as the ussual ref and warn him. It's in the game rules.

BTW: I've been hearing of people considering Zizou a better player than Pele and Maradona. Did he played THAT well to deserve that?
Absofuckinglutely. He won the cup for his team in 98 and basically singlehandedy guided france to the finals here. And in 2002 when he had an injury, france got raped.

France + Zidane = PWNAGE
France - Zidane = PWNED

When one player can make such a HUGE difference, I think that he's definitely up there if not better than the "legendary" Pele who was a great with a bunch of other greats (he was like a Ronaldo several generations ago...a better known star of a great team already), while Maradona had a moment of gold and then became a druggy.

Zidane was responsible for giving Brazil and Portugal both the boot (Spain too). And it was Zidane more than any other man that deserved the world cup...if only stupid Trezeguet hadn't hit the damn crossbar...Buffon left the net wide open for him and whaddaya know...DING.

Stupid...so, so stupid...Zidane earned that cup more than any other man there.

And as for that ref...Zidane had 10 minutes in his CAREER...not just the game, HIS CAREER. People were debating whether or not the other refs saw it...the main one definitely didn't...that last one shoulda just kept his mouth shut. And come on, it would have been all the funnier if Zidane didn't get called out on that...Mattaloser says something racist, Zidane decks him, pwns in the shootout, France wins the cup, and he becomes a laughingstock. But instead, everything had to go the wrong way.

Is it right that Italy won the world cup because that idiot got Zidane kicked out on a provocation (and didn't get penalized in any way whatsoever for it)? The refs were such BS.
Old 2006-07-09, 20:53   Link #885
hanxthre
Banned

Man that was such a flop (Yeah Zidane went for the headbutt but the dude launched himself like he got hit by Kal-El or somebody )...The World Cup refs makes the NBA refs look like geniouses...All World Cup the refs are getting fooled by flops, making great players miss games...I swear I rather we get robots to do all refing...It's time for robotic refs in all sports...human error used to be acceptable but it's just outlandish now and the World Cup refs sucked...gimme Brainiac next time...Humans just aren't capable of refing these World Class athletes...and the guy above me is right...Any ref worth their salt would have let Zidane stay in the game understanding the moment...Now his entire legacy will be blemished by one foolish act (That didn't get caught in real time BTW)...

And how could that dude miss the penalty kick?? To be him right now is to be at the center of lonliness...I'm not a Huge french fan, but when they beat my team Brazil I thought I'd go for them...crushing defeat...
hanxthre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 21:17   Link #886
PaPe
The chibi mistress

Quote:
Stupid...so, so stupid...Zidane earned that cup more than any other man there.

And as for that ref...Zidane had 10 minutes in his CAREER...not just the game, HIS CAREER. People were debating whether or not the other refs saw it...the main one definitely didn't...that last one shoulda just kept his mouth shut. And come on, it would have been all the funnier if Zidane didn't get called out on that...Mattaloser says something racist, Zidane decks him, pwns in the shootout, France wins the cup, and he becomes a laughingstock. But instead, everything had to go the wrong way.

Is it right that Italy won the world cup because that idiot got Zidane kicked out on a provocation (and didn't get penalized in any way whatsoever for it)? The refs were such BS.
The Final of the World Chanpionship is not a friendly match for the sake of saying goodbye to a player. A headbutt is a really serious fault and Zidane got what he deserved. As for the referees the 2nd, 3rd and 4th men aren't there for the sake of decorating but for the sake of helping the main referee taking decisions where he hasn't a clear view of what happens. Exactly what happened.

On the Materazzi argument, I'm totally sick of people calling him a racist just for the sake of it. Have you read his mouth? Have you understood what he said? Do you have any video proof to let us see what he said?
The only semiofficial source (it was implied reading the mouth, but since I don't have the footage I can't read Materazzi's mouth myself) I read about what he said was that he talked about Zidane possible implication (the trial is still open I think) in a steroid scandal of his older team.

Zidane is no pure maiden, it's the second time he gives vicious headbutts and he also stomped intentionally on another player. He is a violent player, it's a fact that is also a very very good one. Stop speaking as if he was a pure virgin that wouldn't have done that if he hadn't been called a dirty @&%#, he would and he had done such things without racist comments. Moreover if Materazzi was the scumbag you are speaking of he would react to an headbutt with a punch or a kick. Alas for you, he isn't.

France lost not because there wasn't Zidane, but because they weren't able to score. The only point they did was on a desputable penalty. Even though they had been the preassuring team since the second half, they weren't able to create an action that ended in a goal. Italy didn't stole any win, they played a very tense match and won it cleanly.

Last edited by PaPe; 2006-07-09 at 21:41.
PaPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 21:34   Link #887
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Knowing Marco the scumbag I would not be surprised at all if he provoked him. I wanted France to win, but Zidane was stupid for what he did and fully deserved his red card if he fell for Materazzi's provocations. Bad behaviour doesn't excuse worse behaviour, certainly. Though I understand people wanting to headbutt Materazzi, but that doesn't make it excusable and the rules should be respected at all times.

In any case: http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/396/502/75023.gif

Awesome.

Last edited by AvatarST; 2006-07-09 at 21:49.
AvatarST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 21:35   Link #888
Oberon

Quote:
So people blow up...big fricking deal...the main ref didn't see it, and one little ratty ref had to whine and bitch and get Zidane kicked off...man there were TEN MEASELY MINUTES left...let the guy go and take his penalty shot, rather than red-carding a retiring player! Sure rules are rules, but for the love of the game and the love of the fans and all of that, let it slide...I mean was the guy hurt? NO! He was acting and we all know it...such BS that authority had to step in and say red card when that mattaloser guy is just as guilty if not moreso...he acted, Zidane reacted. Had he not opened his trap, none of that woulda happened...the Italian shoulda gotten the red card, Zidane shoulda gotten a yellow.
I also think that Zidane is an amazing player and enjoyed his performances for a long time, but that doesn't excuse that kind of behaviour. Yes, it was his last match, but he still should have known better. He's not some noob player who just started out yesterday on the big stage and I'm sure he heard a lot of stuff during his career. He attacked another player on the field physically (after being provoked, I'm sure) and got sent off. You say that he should have been spared the red card basically because of special circumstances and what a great player he is. Where do you draw the line? Is it ok to show favouritism for a star who can get away with certain fouls and a no-name to get shafted for the same thing (happens quite often btw, and not to my liking)? How about "oh, his dog died this morning, so could you let this one slide, ref?"? Even more so, the whole world was looking at Zidane including lots of kids who root for him and may some day play themselves. Is it good role moddeling if he got away with that stuff? Materazzi sure isn't innocent, but the one who blemished his retiring performance was Zidane himself, who didn't have the self restraint to keep his cool for another lousy 15 minutes. He made a stupid mistake, got caught and has to accept the consequences for that. Same goes for Rooney btw. Should the ref have looked the other way there as well, because he's England's golden boy? Or lets go a few years back. How about Maradonna? Talent and skill doesn't get much higher, so what's a little drug abuse in the grand scheme of things, eh? Or Paul Gascoigne, the list goes on. I'm not saying that Zidane's moment of ceased higher brain functions is as bad as drug abuse or drinking, but there's a line between whats ok and what isn't and as sad as it is in this case, he crossed it and now has to deal with it.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 22:02   Link #889
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Too much pressure on Zidane. So I realy think he ment to hit him but not that hard. But Zidane must've had too much hatred (Materazzi must've told him he had a soft head or something )and that got him over react.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanxthre
Yeah Zidane went for the headbutt but the dude launched himself like he got hit by Kal-El or somebody)
Yep. But Zidane didn't care of what people would think after seing the replay. Actualy I think he never thought it would go that far as for Materazzi playing the comedy or replays and all.
Old 2006-07-09, 22:02   Link #890
lemondude
"super lemon"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST
Knowing Marco the scumbag I would not be surprised at all if he provoked him. I wanted France to win, but Zidane was stupid for what he did and fully deserved his red card if he fell for Materazzi's provocations. Bad behaviour doesn't excuse worse behaviour, certainly. Though I understand people wanting to headbutt Materazzi, but that doesn't make it excusable and the rules should be respected at all times.

In any case: http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/396/502/75023.gif

Awesome.

The pic = total LOL LOL
can I use as my avatar?

BTW, I just want to say one more thing. As I begin to calm down, I remebered all's fair in love and war. And the world cup is pretty much a war between nations. And looking back, that Zidane incident was funny.
lemondude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 22:07   Link #891
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Zidane plays with style...hell, I think it rounds him out as a player that he has a temper and not only kicks ass WITH the ball, but WITHOUT. I mean cmon, look at all the ytmnds and little spoofs of that headbutt...6 hit combo...ROFL. And no, Oberon, I don't think there should have been any immunities for all of those other players...but come on, world cup finals and zidane's LAST GAME in the final fifteen minutes of his career...and coupled with the fact that he was trying to draw a foul (otherwise why would he have provoked it to begin with), the refs should have pointed and laughed, or just given Zidane a yellow.

Not to mention that we can use a little more grit in soccer...in other sports, guys getting decked happens more often than not, and in soccer, whoops, it's a foul. I mean come on, in ice hockey, a guy will completely deck another and what happens? Whoops, two minutes in the box...big fricking whoop...two minutes for roughing. And here it's a red card and suspension...

The side refs should have let that one go...fifteen minutes remaining in the career of an all-star to go down in HISTORY and what do they do? OHHH, YEAH, I SAW IT, I SAW IT, RED CARD HIM! Yes, he broke the rules, yes, what he did merited a red card in any other case, no, he STILL should not have received that card. He was provoked, plain and simple, the refs should have called THAT or simply let the guy take a dive. Job or not, I wonder how that official will look back at that decision...that whenever people talk about Zidane, they'll remember that red card, and that little ratty-ass official that put him there...all that one ref had to do was keep his mouth shut and let bigmouth take a dive, and everyone woulda been happy, except bigmouth.
Old 2006-07-09, 22:34   Link #892
◕‿‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemondude
The pic = total LOL LOL
can I use as my avatar?

BTW, I just want to say one more thing. As I begin to calm down, I remebered all's fair in love and war. And the world cup is pretty much a war between nations. And looking back, that Zidane incident was funny.
Of course you can, no problem. I'd recommend saving and uploading it somewhere else though, I don't know how long it'd last on that server.

EDIT: Oh right, you can save it to your computer to use it as an avatar. Nevermind what I said.
Old 2006-07-10, 01:04   Link #893
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't think Zidane getting redcarded is unfair. On the contrary, it's very important a star like him is punished for that kind of behavior. We might not have so many dives and attempts to fool the refs if not for Maradona's "hand of God".

What bothers me is that this one time the video was used to declare the foul. What about all the other times the foul wasn't clear? Couldn't they use the video in, say, Italy-Australia?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 01:04   Link #894
ccardoso
Banned

The people who are trying to protect Zidane are just plain pathetic: if a similiar action was done by an Italians these same people would say something along the lines "red card" and/or "making Italy lose by default" and so on... Zidane did an action who deserved the red card, the causes are unimportant even because Zidane isn't a newbie so he should know to not answer with violence to provocations.
Said that people here assumes that Materazzi simulated the pain and/or that he said something racist to Zidane. This is actually unknown and here the classic prejudices against italians "they're all thieves, they only have mafia and spaghetti" and yadda yadda show up.
Frenchs, like their ct, is trying to justify Zidane's action in evrey way possibile bashing the impossible on Italians... a very sad behaviour from a population who believes to have one of the best culture in the world... oh wait perhaps it's for this reason that they cannot accept to lose to the "mafia and spaghetti" italians...
Well, like for Germans: you can calm your bitterness and sadness in a mountain of pizza and spaghetti!

Bye bye from Italy, Champion of the World.
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 01:36   Link #895
hanxthre
Banned

Protect Zidane?? Maybe some people hear are thinking in slow-motion...The dude fell like he had been hit by a bolt of lightning...That headbutt didn't do that to him...Again Zidane shouldn't have done it, but I have no doubt what was said to him was extremely vicious to make him act that way...We really need a flop-cam to clean-up Basketball and soccor (Which both have refs that suck for continously falling for this)...
hanxthre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 05:45   Link #896
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Amidst the argument, I just have to quote this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemondude
who the hell is zizou. As for better, nobody is better than the great maradona and none surpasses PELE.

Who the hell is Zizou you ask? He is none other than the footballer that you're trying to defend.

No hard feelings lemondude, but this is just too ridiculous that it's funny. And you call yourself a Zidane admirer? How on BLOODY EARTH can you ask such a silly question? It's like asking who's Posh Becks or something like that.

Anyway, this was really a rare outburst of rage from Zidane. It's really a shame to see him go, but no matter what vile insults Materazzi may have said to Zidane, there was totally no excuse for him to go headbutt Materazzi in his last game, which he knows very well.

He can at least wait a few days then beat the crap out of him, or hire some hitman, but not during the match itself. Really a great pity, but I can't condone what Zizou's done. But in the end, he is still one of the greatest footballers of all time, nothing can take that away from him.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 07:18   Link #897
◕‿‿◕

Boo, why does the game end so quickly? It's fun to hit Marco the scumbag.
Old 2006-07-10, 11:35   Link #898
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

=> A very very vague theory... Maybe Zidane did this on purpose. So he looses much of his fame and can live a peacefull after-soccer-life without all the fans going crazy in 1 mile radius, when he is seen in public. Without all these annoying paparazzi that stick on him like bubbelgum does on a shoe....
Old 2006-07-10, 12:19   Link #899
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
I'm not sure about that, seeing his attitude today, at the president's greetings ceremony. That's a funny theory though.
Actually, I don't think he'll get over with it if he doesn't explain what happened at all.

I just read a funny article about some people who read on the lips what the Italian said. He supposedly insulted his sister...
Then another article where Zidane's spokesman says he's gonna talk soon.
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-10, 12:39   Link #900
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto Lin
=> A very very vague theory... Maybe Zidane did this on purpose. So he looses much of his fame and can live a peacefull after-soccer-life without all the fans going crazy in 1 mile radius, when he is seen in public. Without all these annoying paparazzi that stick on him like bubbelgum does on a shoe....
Actually, I think that will just give the paparazzi a better reason to stick closer. You know how they cant resist these sort of things.

Honestly it was sad. I'm not saddened by his act. I personally don't think of Zizou as having disgraced himself, I still hold him in very high regard.

I'm sadden by the reaction of the general public and media. Today, I read a local newspaper that said that he had disgraced his career. It hit me. I mean, having been such a respected player, yet just because of one incident, the people who used to extol his "skills and virtues" now turn around and call him a disgrace. Even a local radioshow host said something to that effect; how he has disappointed her bla bla. Come on, thats Zizou! What do you expect?? Sad. I'm never gonna touch that newspaper anymore. Bl**dy hypocrites.

Last edited by Lost; 2006-07-10 at 12:51.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, soccer