AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-08-05, 10:01   Link #35161
agetreme
Just another Idiot

I am thinking about an unique IS system that is female exclusive....

Why?

It kind of justify why IS only allow female to pilot.....Due to the Unique IS function, it is more Efficient to have a female pilot than a male one.
Old 2012-08-05, 10:05   Link #35162
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Do whatever you wish. I think that would be good.

I simply go for Sync Ratio because it's wantonly abandoned in canon.
Old 2012-08-05, 10:10   Link #35163
Eratas123

Houki having big sis on speed dial never made sense to me. That's way too easily traced.
Old 2012-08-05, 10:13   Link #35164
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Maybe Houki has special phone.

Unless Tabane has portable lab, that's the best assumption.
Old 2012-08-05, 10:31   Link #35165
demino_hellsin
That one guy

was Ichika hoping to win cannonball fast?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 10:36   Link #35166
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
“Come on, Ichika-san! You almost got it!”

“One more…!”

*BZAASH*

From one end of a training arena is Ichika Orimura in his white Personal Infinite Stratos (IS) unit, the Byakushiki, speeding across towards the IS Blue Tears, piloted by his classmate Cecilia Alcott who is bracing for an imminent attack from Ichika.

“Here it comes!”

Cecilia steps back as the skirt armors on the sides of her waist open outwards as twin missile tubes underneath them flip up, pointing towards Ichika.

*BOOSH*

She fires a missile from both tubes while Ichika responds by raising his heavy sword, the Yukihara. He focuses on the missiles as they zero in, waiting for them to enter within his melee range. The holographic targeting interface on his unit locks onto the missiles and emits a short tone, prompting him to swing his sword while quickly shutting his eyes.

“Erh…!”

*FWOOM* *KTANG*

The broad, solid blade of the Yukihara bludgeons one of the missiles and sends it twirling out of control before crashing into the barrier-covered arena walls.

*BOOM*

Ichika opens his eyes and sees thick smoke on the wall where the missile struck.

“Yes! I got it!” He rejoices only to have Cecilia bark at him.

“Ichika-san! There’s one more coming at you!”

“Eh?”

He turns around and notices the second missile already well within his range. Realizing that it’s too late to defend, Ichika flinches while Cecilia immediately draws out her Starlight MK II beam sniper rifle and points its crosshairs at the missile before squeezing the trigger.

*BYUUSH*

A thick blue particle beam exits the rifle’s muzzle at near-instantaneous speed and punches a hole through the missile, causing it to explode before it could hit Ichika. As smoldering bits rain around his IS’ invisible barrier, he opens his left eye while his arms are still held up across his face.

“It… didn’t hit?”

He turns to Cecilia as she glides to his side.

“Ichika-san, you allright?”

“Yeah… somehow.”

“Geez, that’s the third time you’ve been caught off-guard by a stray missile. You need to be more aware of your surroundings during combat!”

“I’m working on it!”

“Well then, let’s go for another round.”

“Again…? I’m almost beat!”

“Aww c’mon! I prepared this special training session just for you! Just a bit more, please?”

Cecilia stares directly into his eyes, hoping for nothing less than a blunt “Yes” reply while he, on the other hand, frantically thinks of a way to not let himself drown in exhaustion and completely disregards her seemingly forced plea.

“W-Well… Cecilia, maybe we could… umm…”

“…Yes?”

“I mean, can we like… take a bre—”

“Ichika! There you are!”

Recognizing the voice of Charlotte Dunois, another classmate of his, he hunches over slightly as his arms fall to his sides then turns to look over his shoulder at her orange-colored Raphael Revive Custom II as she lands on his side opposite to Cecilia who is mildly annoyed by her interruption.

“Ah, Charlotte… What’s up?”

“I’ve been looking around for you. We’re going to have a personal practice session, remember?”

“Uh…? Oh, right! Yeah…”

“You… don’t remember?”

While she’s polite, her tone spells uncertainty and sends a sharp chill into Ichika as he slowly recalls Charlotte inviting him to a training session without him giving his consent.

“Y-Yes! Yes, I do! That’s why I’m here! Ahahah…!”

“Great! Let’s go then!”

Charlotte grabs his hand and drags him away as he heaves a short sigh while Cecilia releases her rifle into data storage and crosses her arms.

‘Tch! Always an inconvenient interruption when I’m trying to have a moment with him…’
Just a draft intro scene, giving Ichika the ability to swat missiles away(with sheer luck that is) seem probable?

Last edited by StratoSpear; 2012-08-05 at 12:58. Reason: Added stuff to draft scene
StratoSpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 10:38   Link #35167
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Do whatever you wish. I think that would be good.

I simply go for Sync Ratio because it's wantonly abandoned in canon.
Because Sync-ratio doesn't seems to matter so much.... that's why I go for special system instead.
Old 2012-08-05, 18:22   Link #35168
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

By logic, that's extremely important.... unless we're talking about dumb muscle Ichika, or Chifuyu for that matter.

Sync ratio determine how much data can be processed directly by the pilot WITHOUT resorting to original five senses. Ichika is the type that "Don't think, feel", ushing his hunch and his five senses bring the best result most of the time, and Chifuyu is way too skilled to give a damn about it (she was raised in trial and error battlefield after all).

@ Stratos
FYI Ichika already able to cut bits in first battle after first shift and plasma bullet during Gospel so few missile won't be too much problem, and he ALSO lack locking capability, much less multilock one. Everything he did is based on old-school eyeball Mk.I, even if those are improved by I.S.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-08-05 at 18:57.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 19:17   Link #35169
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Can someone list to me canon Ichika's insecurities?
Old 2012-08-05, 19:19   Link #35170
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

His only insecurity are inability to fulfill people's expectation, in short, self esteem issue.

Rough size comparison, Those are 1 inch figures so it's not detailed.
Old 2012-08-05, 19:46   Link #35171
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Spoiler for will this work?:
Old 2012-08-05, 20:08   Link #35172
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Lol, that would be awesome. Yes that could work.
Old 2012-08-05, 20:14   Link #35173
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I wanted a reason for Ichika to not be able do well and I remembered Ace Combat. Flying in confined spaces really puts a mental block on you and kinda freezes you up even though you supposedly know what to do. I tried to implement that in this scene. Ichika knows the moves, he knows how to do it but he can't. He almost feels like his exercises and what's before his eyes are two separate things so he hesitates and messes up :|
Old 2012-08-05, 20:38   Link #35174
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

You can also stick to "too fast for noobs" excuse when someone tried to cheer him up (it'll backfire of course), we knew the only time he's using it efficiently is in open sky where there's nothing but him and his target.
Old 2012-08-05, 21:12   Link #35175
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Ideas:

Spoiler for Male forbidden!:
Old 2012-08-05, 21:16   Link #35176
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Can't get worse than Otome Virgin Nanos, I guess it pass.
Old 2012-08-06, 00:43   Link #35177
demino_hellsin
That one guy

question on the infinite nanomachine idea. You have the energy, but where do you get the materials?
Old 2012-08-06, 00:50   Link #35178
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Energy + Data I guess.

But then... WHERE it got the data?

If that's not the case, then direct conversion of energy -> matter, which is horribly, truly, crazily insane.
Old 2012-08-06, 00:55   Link #35179
demino_hellsin
That one guy

generating matter purely from energy is basically reverse of what GN drives in gundam 00 do.

still plausible if he's using that infinite nanomachine with the dual core system theory he has. Though he might save a lot of energy if the nano-machines were organic... then again those wouldn't be much use.
Old 2012-08-06, 00:58   Link #35180
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I guess it would be a a nanomachine constructor than anything, the material should come from somewhere after all. Also, there would be limited control put on the nanos when they're become too many.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest