AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-03-08, 18:28   Link #21
Stxopher
Confused but useless....

Well, can't argue with you on that one. Touch does...er, touch on some less than pleasant topics later on.
Stxopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 19:17   Link #22
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I didn't really like KGNE. Granted, it was among the best anime of all time because of its vicious portrayal of real-life romance. It was striking painful and poignant at the same time - it was also strikingly sad. Similar things can be said about Touch, only that the animation is circa-80s, but I know Touch will become extremely sad especially later on, whereas Hiatari Ryoukou, even from its title alone, is a happy, bittersweet experience of love both lost and perhaps regained. Because when one appreciates nature, one is happy. When do we ever say 'it's a sunny day?'
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 09:27   Link #23
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

The characters are simply coruscating with brilliance. I don't mind the animation already, because the story is simply so engrossing and so fulfilling that I was smiling throughout both the first and second episodes. The story is amazing, with well-made implied undertones.

If this anime were remade today, it would simply be magical. No, not only magical -- it would exude esoteric beauty.
Old 2006-03-09, 10:01   Link #24
Athanor

I receveid my dvds~~~~~~

\o/

We'll start working on a dvdrip version this week end.

So if anyone wants to report typos/mistake don't hesitate to pm me (but before this week end after it'll be too late).

i tend to cut the opening/ending into separate file when i'm doing dvdrip version.

What do you all hiatari fans think about it ? Should i leave them or in separate file is it ok with you ?
Athanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 10:47   Link #25
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

I think you shouldn't cut the OP/ED. Put them together.
Old 2006-03-09, 12:20   Link #26
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Yay! Hey, athanor, are you sure that MJN will sub ALL of Hiatari Ryoukou? I don't mind NOT watching Touch as long as I can watch HR despite what everybody says.

Even the OP and ED grow on my head ... I must say I am impressed. Thank you for the batch torrent of HR ... you helped me to discover a great old-school anime.
I must now download five and six. Bwahahaha ... but I really hope you could consistently release an episode or two a week. I know that's not easy ... but picking up this anime a rebours wasn't easy as well. And for that I congratulate MJN ... and you, athanor.
Old 2006-03-09, 12:21   Link #27
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

And for those rips I prefer what tug does.
Old 2006-03-09, 12:26   Link #28
Athanor

we'll more do one episode every 2-3 weeks. But we'll do Hiatari Ryoukou till the end. This one isn't a one shot.

Actually i'm an Adachi's maniac so i won't let anything uncomplet of his works (same in the scanslations ).

So 2 vote for the "uncut" op/ed, guess i'll leave them then.
Athanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 07:40   Link #29
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tug
Quite right, "Kaettekita Machikado" (OP2) rocks!
And the way that the series introduces the song, just spot on considering that becomes a certain personal theme song I just dug out the Volume 3 DVD just to watch it

And there's the moving in to the apartment episode much later and what was overheard... I need to dig that volume out to watch.

Okay, enough spoiler hints
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 07:59   Link #30
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo~!

I was wishing (yes, I know I'm dense) that you could do one episode per week. But as it's hard given whatever difficulties you may have, I'll just watch the three remaining subbed episodes ... hmm ... I'm thinking of watching Touch after I watch this series ... it will take me some saving of money, though.

But be sure that if you'll ever waver, you'll always have a Hiatari Ryoukou follower, no, make that followers (me and tug and perhaps leongsh). This is so much better than some other anime that I've seen.
Old 2006-03-10, 08:38   Link #31
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
hmm ... I'm thinking of watching Touch after I watch this series ...
While waiting for the fansub episodes of Hiatari Ryoukou! to come out, go download and watch the other Adachi series, Touch. *Major pimping of Touch*

Quote:
But be sure that if you'll ever waver, you'll always have a Hiatari Ryoukou follower, no, make that followers (me and tug and perhaps leongsh). This is so much better than some other anime that I've seen.
Not a follower, a supporter. I don't need the fansubs. I have the original R2J DVDs I'm here to give support for the fansubbing of Hiatari Ryoukou! and join/enliven the discussion.

If you do want to try an "old" sports anime, you should give Aoki Densetsu Shoot! a try. Another show that I'm supporting the fansubbing of.
Old 2006-03-10, 09:08   Link #32
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I'm a supporter of Ergo Proxy. Damn ... it's the exact opposite of Hiatari Ryoukou, but it kicks ass ... major ass ...

Do the R2J DVDs have English subs? I smell MKV ... mmm ... I've got no more HDD space so Touch will have to wait until much later. But seeing that's complete, and ... nah, I'll just by CDs perhaps sometime later.
Old 2006-03-10, 09:24   Link #33
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Do the R2J DVDs have English subs?
No. It's raw episodes. Each DVD in the DVD-Boxset has 6 episodes each and there are 8 DVDs in total to cover all 48 episodes.
Old 2006-03-10, 09:43   Link #34
Zappster

Well I'm about to start watching it myself. Almost got all the episodes so far. Must admit I'm going through a bit of a classic anime phase. I've recently been enjoying Aoki Densetsu Shoot, Yawara, Captain Harlock and some others. From the sounds of it this won't disappoint.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 09:47   Link #35
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I just couldn't stop at episode three. I had to watch them all. It's a very poignant story, having subplots like Sakurano's (?) and Michiko's. I like how they 'reconciled' with one another, but honestly, I'd like to watch the whole of 'em if I can ...

As one poster said, you couldn't help but fall in love with all of the characters. All of their quirks only make them more human, and emotion isn't as dragged as, for example, KgNE. It's also pretty funny, and the story is totally engrossing. I'm definitely going to wait for this and watch this every week. Or maybe I better just collect them all and watch them in one sitting. I tend to be that way.

I am not for Kasumi and Yusaku, though. I mean, I don't like Kasumi that much as compared to Keiko. Let her be with Katsuhiko already, I don't mind. I mean, she's not obnoxious like Mitsuki of KgNE, it's just that ... she's quite haughty - that's her quirk.

It's okay to spoil me if Keiko ends up with Yusaku, or (more probably) Kasumi ends up with Yusaku. Just don't go into the details so I can savor them later on ... please? I will definitely wait for this title's release every single week. It just makes me sad that I will have to wait for this title ...

*note to self: never start an addicting anime series if you have it incomplete*

To MJN:

As you pick up 'old' anime, why not try subbing Legendary Gambler Tetsuya? I mean, I have both its episodes and I'll tell you I definitely loved those two.

Okay, let me stop ranting. Just note that this series is t3h 5h12n17. Okay. Enough leet for now.
Old 2006-03-10, 15:47   Link #36
Stxopher
Confused but useless....

But isn't it better to get involed near the beginning of the project so you start out only getting an episode at at time? I mean, as opposed to around the middle of it? (Oh, the aggro of getting halfway though a show and then.....nothing.)

Think of it as a reason to look forward to next week. (And it's ALWAYS next week that has the best episodes.) Or possibly a way to keep your bandwidth from topping out for trying to get all of them at once. Gadzooks, man! There are hundreds of ways to rationalize the wait!
Stxopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 16:08   Link #37
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Hai, hai.

Next week will rock. Next week will rock. Next week will rock. lol

I think my faves of 2006 are Rozen Maiden I and II, Ergo Proxy, and this one. You guys watch Ergo Proxy. It's a great change of pace from this one, albeit watching it and Hiatari Ryoukou is like obeying both god and devil ... god pertaining to HR and devil pertaining to EP. Both extremely are powerful, though.

You guys also should push through this series. I better make this more popular ...
Old 2006-03-10, 16:26   Link #38
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athanor
i tend to cut the opening/ending into separate file when i'm doing dvdrip version.

What do you all hiatari fans think about it ? Should i leave them or in separate file is it ok with you ?
Please leave them in.
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 17:28   Link #39
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

this show is a little too old for me to get interested. the anime style of the 70s/80's kind of puts me to sleep.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 18:25   Link #40
Ryusei

I watched this anime (pretty much butchered both in contents and dubbing quality) when i was a kid on TV, i'm so glad to see it subbed now..
It definately fills the gap that opened after i finished watching Touch... even if i'm still praying all the known gods that some studio will bring us an anime version of Rough, sooner or later... That would be really awesome...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
this show is a little too old for me to get interested. the anime style of the 70s/80's kind of puts me to sleep.
Thank you for letting us know, now we definately feel better....
Ryusei is offline   Reply With Quote