AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-23, 17:33   Link #821
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
Saber, Rin, and Sakura die in her path, which forces Shiro to become Emiya. It was suppossed to explain how Shiro became Emiya, and the main cause was losing everyone he loved.
Old 2010-07-23, 17:38   Link #822
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

What are you spoiling now?
Old 2010-07-23, 17:46   Link #823
Flinch
Onii-chan~

The scrapped Ilya path.
Old 2010-07-23, 18:11   Link #824
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
I have to agree, but before I do, I got summin to say

Your favored heroin didn't get her path fragged because it was deemed "too depressing, too dark, and too... fucked up", so shut it.
I always heard it was scrapped just due to a combination of time constraints and worries about lolicon aspects. Which is a shame, because... well, they made Kagetsu Tohya and that featured explicit sex scenes involving a Loli. But Type-Moon was a much bigger company with much more to lose when they made FSN, so I suppose that featured into their reasoning.
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 18:17   Link #825
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Kazoku Keikaku promotes lolicon in a way. They clearly state that one of the characters is under 18, yet do to the fact that she is in such a game, she is inherintly over 18. you have to play it to understand how they do that.

Additionally, Ilya was the ONLY one over 18; irony.
Old 2010-07-23, 18:31   Link #826
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Guys: movie thread.
Old 2010-07-23, 18:55   Link #827
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
Saber, Rin, and Sakura die in her path, which forces Shiro to become Emiya. It was suppossed to explain how Shiro became Emiya, and the main cause was losing everyone he loved.
Actually, I'm pretty sure that's pure fanon. The actual content of Ilya's path is unknown, but I doubt it was that depressing. Also, given what we know of Archer and his interests, it seems unlikely that Rin died in his war, especially not as part of an Ilya route. If she had, he wouldn't be as interested in her as he is in FSN.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 18:59   Link #828
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Actually, I'm pretty sure that's pure fanon. The actual content of Ilya's path is unknown, but I doubt it was that depressing. Also, given what we know of Archer and his interests, it seems unlikely that Rin died in his war, especially not as part of an Ilya route. If she had, he wouldn't be as interested in her as he is in FSN.
Agreed. I've never seen any proof of that. In any case, if you want to see Illya's route, wait until the day Nasu decides to redo FS/N with the Illya and Rider routes, if that day ever comes.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 22:12   Link #829
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Guys: movie thread.
On that topic....

Um, who else hopes that the movie will do well enough to get dubbed? *raises hand in favor* Preferrably with the original English cast, please. Maybe it's a shot in the dark, but it would be nice to see the movie imported here to the States.
Old 2010-07-23, 22:40   Link #830
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Sure. I thought the English voice cast did a pretty good job, overall, and whenever possible I prefer to get my anime, y'know... legally.
Old 2010-07-24, 05:39   Link #831
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
On that topic....

Um, who else hopes that the movie will do well enough to get dubbed? *raises hand in favor* Preferrably with the original English cast, please. Maybe it's a shot in the dark, but it would be nice to see the movie imported here to the States.
I think I've already stated how I'd love to see it dubbed. Of course, having even a portion of the original cast return would be awesome. I hope they don't change Archer, I liked him as Liam o'Brien in all honesty. Same goes for Shirou/Riegel and Rin/Lee.

I'd like to see the dubs, but Radiant said it herself - a shot in the dark. So I favor it, to say the least.

I don't want to watch subs, but I will if I have to. I just don't want to look down and miss the movie taking place. Of course... I wouldn't mind a Ilya route movie or a Taiga route move either... Jejeje
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 08:46   Link #832
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
I think I've already stated how I'd love to see it dubbed. Of course, having even a portion of the original cast return would be awesome. I hope they don't change Archer, I liked him as Liam o'Brien in all honesty. Same goes for Shirou/Riegel and Rin/Lee.

I'd like to see the dubs, but Radiant said it herself - a shot in the dark. So I favor it, to say the least.

I don't want to watch subs, but I will if I have to. I just don't want to look down and miss the movie taking place. Of course... I wouldn't mind a Ilya route movie or a Taiga route move either... Jejeje
I don't know, it might not be that much of a shot in the dark. The original anime did well enough to get a re-released collector's edition, so I think it's sales were all right. They might think the movie has enough of a western audience to be a profitable dub.

And I thought Kate Higgins was a great Saber, so I hope they bring her back. Funimation really loves re-using voice casts, so if they get the dub contract for the movie they probably will use as much of the old cast as they still have on their payroll.
Old 2010-07-24, 10:41   Link #833
hinakatbklyn

(There might be more but) Out of all the series that have been licensed so far, I'm only familiar with 2 that have not yet licensed the equivalent movie. (Fate/Stay night being one of them)

While the times may have changed from the past, I wouldn't go against the odds of a license for the Fate UBW movie. And even if Funimation wasn't the one with the original license, if they pick up the license, I would think they would find a way to pick up the original dub as well. (I think they did very well with the original dubs.)
Old 2010-07-24, 10:46   Link #834
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
I don't know, it might not be that much of a shot in the dark. The original anime did well enough to get a re-released collector's edition, so I think it's sales were all right. They might think the movie has enough of a western audience to be a profitable dub.
The original anime did well enough to be license rescued. The fact it got a release beyond that was because control of its license switched companies from... I think Geneon, to Funimation.

However, Funimation also knows that movies sell far better than a series does. They've seen this with Case Closed. And since Funimation has the license now, if it gets an American release it will be dubbed. It's really all or nothing, there's no real chance as far as I see it for a sub only release.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 10:50   Link #835
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Ah. Well, we can only hope. Like you said, Funimation is usually pretty good about that sort of thing, and as far as I know the FSN anime did reasonably well (granted, as far as I know is not very far) and movies usually do sell better. So, keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 2010-07-24, 16:22   Link #836
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Same here. Plus, since FUNimation has the license, that means that the chances of the original cast returning are even better, since they'd have them all right there and wouldn't need to replace anyone.
Old 2010-07-24, 19:36   Link #837
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I'm pretty confident that Funimation will give it an american release. I hope they use the same cast as the series if they're to dub it though, as I thought they fit the characters very well for the most part.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 19:56   Link #838
bergsdal

do somebody have a torrent on the movie ?
bergsdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 20:13   Link #839
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I'm pretty confident that Funimation will give it an american release. I hope they use the same cast as the series if they're to dub it though, as I thought they fit the characters very well for the most part.
Generally agreed; they really do fit the characters to the voices pretty well, at least in my opinion. And luckily, the few exceptions to my opinion are all characters who won't be getting much screen time in an UBW movie anyway.
Old 2010-07-24, 21:01   Link #840
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

One good thing about Funimation licensing it is there will most likely be a BD release. No other companies are really doing it, like Bandai who has Code Geass & Gundam 00, and that's a real shame.