AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Kai Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 54 52.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 32.35%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 7.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.98%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-30, 11:41   Link #141
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Can't wait for the next episode. Though since I expect the worst I really shouldn't be....Oh well hopefully whatever happens can give Rika something to carry forward.
Old 2007-09-30, 15:34   Link #142
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

I was rewatching Tatarigoroshi with the local anime club last night, and there was this one line... It sounded completely innocuous the first time I heard it, but this time it sent a freezing cold chill down my spine.
Spoiler for Implications:

Maybe I'm overthinking things, but I can't come up with any possible interpretation of this that isn't really bad.
Old 2007-09-30, 16:13   Link #143
GyroidFanatic

Could I have a little more info on when that happened? I doubt it's what you think it is.
Old 2007-09-30, 16:39   Link #144
MrZombie

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you're reading too much into that line.
Old 2007-09-30, 16:45   Link #145
Trogdor Jube
Back at it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
I was rewatching Tatarigoroshi with the local anime club last night, and there was this one line... It sounded completely innocuous the first time I heard it, but this time it sent a freezing cold chill down my spine.
Spoiler for Implications:

Maybe I'm overthinking things, but I can't come up with any possible interpretation of this that isn't really bad.
Are you suspecting that Takano knows about the previous Hinamizawa's?
Old 2007-09-30, 16:54   Link #146
GyroidFanatic

I just looked back through the manga, and it looks like she was referring to when they met at the hospital.
Old 2007-09-30, 17:42   Link #147
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Don't think too much into it
Old 2007-09-30, 18:02   Link #148
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic View Post
Could I have a little more info on when that happened? I doubt it's what you think it is.
Original series, episode 10, somewhere in the middle. It was the wording that struck me as really strange. If she'd just said "You don't remember me?", that would be one thing, and would fit with the excuse she gave that they'd met in passing a couple times on the street. But what she actually said implies that she had enough contact with him previously for him to have given his name, and that he's forgotten her more than once. Given Keiichi's complete lack of recognition, I have a hard time believing she had that much prior contact with him in that arc.

Another thing that makes me suspicious is Takano's reactions last episode while she was talking with her subordinates about the burned corpse they subbed for her. When the Yamainu first told her about the time-of-death screwup, she seemed totally relaxed and unsurprised, and she sounded completely certain how the police would react to the discrepancy. The only thing that did throw her off her stride was finding out Rika had predicted the cause of death correctly (which she never knew about in any previous arcs), and it triggered a flurry of defensive moves on her part (increasing the Yamainu guard on Rika's house, trying to pin her down, and having Okonogi call her to plant suspicion about Irie). If it's just simple arrogance making her overconfident about the police, why is she suddenly and intensely concerned about a ten-year-old girl nobody is going to believe, who is going to be dead in 24 hours and doesn't know the corpse is fake anyway?

Again, maybe I'm reading too much into little things. But, I think it would give this arc a nice symmetry if Rika and Takano are finding out they're each other's opponents at the same time, and it would set up an epic confrontation for Matsuribayashi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic
I just looked back through the manga, and it looks like she was referring to when they met at the hospital.
When did this meeting happen, and why did Takano lie about it if that's what she was referring to?
Old 2007-09-30, 18:21   Link #149
MrZombie

Sorry man, it's a nice theory and all, but she really was just talking about a few times they've met in passing. There is nothing deeper to it. Takano most certainly does not know about past worlds at all. If she did, she'd know that her theory was complete bunk.

As for what Rika told her, she was simply interested in the fact that she predicted it successfully. The fact that she's a scientist makes her interested in what could actually be something supernatural.
Old 2007-09-30, 19:22   Link #150
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
When did this meeting happen, and why did Takano lie about it if that's what she was referring to?
Near the begining of the arc when Keiichi got sick from walking home in the rain. It was just a brief meeting, and Takano was in her nurse's outfit then, so it makes sense he wouldn't recognize her right away.
Old 2007-09-30, 20:46   Link #151
Animexcel

Man, that was interesting stuff there. Looks like ep 13 is gonna be big, wonder what everyone's fate will be, me having not read anything about it. :x
Old 2007-10-01, 04:06   Link #152
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I thought at the beginning of this arc, Rika was still wondering who killed her and for what purpose. Suddenly in ep 12, she's explaining about the conspiracy of the "Tokyo" organization and that they're after her because she's a catalyst to trigger the disaster? Even if she put two and two together, she can also deduce something malicious was planned by Takano. How did she learn all of this about this war-crazed group all of a sudden?
Old 2007-10-01, 04:14   Link #153
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenta View Post
I thought at the beginning of this arc, Rika was still wondering who killed her and for what purpose. Suddenly in ep 12, she's explaining about the conspiracy of the "Tokyo" organization and that they're after her because she's a catalyst to trigger the disaster? Even if she put two and two together, she can also deduce something malicious was planned by Takano. How did she learn all of this about this war-crazed group all of a sudden?
1) Rika knew the Tokyo Organization were interested with warefare research. However, Irie demonstrated their prime objective was to find a cure.
2) Irie, Takano and Tomitare were obviously send by a governmental party, despite the shady aspect of the organization. Therefore, a genocide isn't exactly what you would expect from this kind of people
3) Rika knew this stuff from the very beginning. In Minagoroshi-hen, various hints demonstrated so: Irie, Takano and Tomitake obviously say she was a precious experimental subject.
Rika even said she was their precious guinea pig.

Moreover, Rika also knew that Satoko's injections weren't simple vitamins, as she even asked Satoko to not slack off with them in Yakusamashi

Finally, in the first season, Rika tried to use a syringe on Shion and Rena, obviously knowing it might help them against their L4-L5. Unfortunately, she is either not convincing or strong enough against both.

That stuff was hinted all over the series, even in first season, and it was blatantly shown in the start of both Yakusamashi and Minagoroshi.

the thing is: she perfectly know that the culprit must know about the disease. However, she doesn't know what the culprit would gain with that, which makes her stuck in her deductions.
Rika has almost no possible way to suspect Takano, as the hints about her are either outside of her reach (as she is actng suspiciously only with the "incoming madness" character) or AFTER Rika is dead.
Old 2007-10-01, 12:42   Link #154
Rias

Rika's point of view and some of the confusion about Rika vs Takano is explained in the Rule XYZ theory, which was unfortunately cut out from the anime. Instead of seeing how/why Rika is deducing the culprit, we just jumped to the conlusion
Old 2007-10-01, 16:07   Link #155
Trogdor Jube
Back at it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Rika's point of view and some of the confusion about Rika vs Takano is explained in the Rule XYZ theory, which was unfortunately cut out from the anime. Instead of seeing how/why Rika is deducing the culprit, we just jumped to the conlusion
I think they explained the rule XYZ at the starting of the arc.
Old 2007-10-01, 16:14   Link #156
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor Jube View Post
I think they explained the rule XYZ at the starting of the arc.
They didn't even mention XYZ, let alone the elements...
Old 2007-10-01, 23:58   Link #157
Davidj

Quote:
Wasn't actually. But Rika's deduction is based on something very simple, and it's what most people who guessed Takano was the culprit went on, the dubious nature of identifying a corpse that died a day before Takano supposedly did, and was set on fire. Once you abandon supernatural explanations, the simplest explanation is that Takano is still alive. Faking her death is just very suspicious.
Old 2007-10-03, 02:51   Link #158
Mew 2

Ep 12 wasnīt verry exciting for me. As expected
Spoiler for episode:

I donīt know why they have to delay itīs air time. Sorry for the OT. Itīs only my desilusion. But the whole Minagoroshi-hen isnīt the same qality as in the game.
I woud give this episode rating 6/10.
Old 2007-10-05, 02:14   Link #159
Davidj

Quote:
They didn't even mention XYZ, let alone the elements...
They didn't name it, but they did explain "Rule X" and "Rule Y".
Old 2010-05-22, 11:58   Link #160
OkamiNoKaze

More answers more questions, and apparently some misinformantion, Still when did Keiichi develop the Syndrome since he wasn't born there, or maybe he was? hmm? Or is 6 months enough to contract it?