AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-11-03, 11:16   Link #6181
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

a little lore question for my fanfic, can a mortal (Blood elf, human, etc etc) become a dragon in any way?
Old 2010-11-03, 11:31   Link #6182
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The Twilight Hammer Cult seem to be trying to do something like that, but it is more a humanoid elemental/dragonoid mix (The Ascended I think it is called). We'll know more once we start questing in CATA.

As to becoming a full on dragon? Why? Dragon is a species just like blood elf is a species.
Old 2010-11-03, 12:02   Link #6183
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
We actually did fairly well on the First Phase. The DK off tank died the first try when the second Vrykul started hitting him as well as the first and all the other adds. Second try we would switch dps over to the first large add to drop it early after the second one came out. I also started using Bane of Havoc on the Lich King since I was hitting adds so often that even if all I did was dot up the large add after the off tank got it I would still be doing 15% damage more to the Lich King which was worth a few GCDs and an Immolate (since T10 4-piece bonus might proc off it to give me 10% more damage). We actually made the transition the first try, but the raid was practically dead that first time anyway.
Hm ... you shouldn't be hitting adds at all during phase 1, only the LK himself - let the necrotic plague deal with them, the shamblers (ghouls don't really matter) have way too much HP to be worth it, and the plague is enough to deal with them. Your main priority is forcing that transition, hence full DPS on LK, and plague on adds. Most likely you will have one shambler up during transition, this is when you switch to them. Two shamblers shouldn't be killing the tank, unless they were left to be enraged (Have your hunter/druid/rogue deal with the enrage, this is a priority).

During the start of phase 2, chances are you will still have something to DPS down - ignore it the second a valkyr comes and focus on it instead. Make sure to always keep it snared, and set up a stun chain if need be. It can't be a case of not enough DPS, first time we killed LK was back in the days of either 5% or 10% buff, can't really recall, and our DPS was low compared to what one can do today. (Even our warrior offtank, still often with a spirit on him after the first transition, would intercept and stun the valk if things looked bad ). Is everyone collapsing in middle (Make sure OT keeps the spirits facing away from raid) for the Valkyr to give people maximum time to down it ?

It's a chaotic fight indeed at first and there is a lot going on, but discipline is the only way you are downing it. Plague needs to be dropped/dispelled correctly in phase1, enraged shamblers need to be pacified, people should be in the middle for valkyrs and those need to be slowed/stunned, and defile needs to be kept away from the middle, else you run out of room to kill valks. The fight requires a good deal of organization indeed, but should be quite doable with the DPS you have, so long as everyone is playing their part.
Old 2010-11-03, 12:12   Link #6184
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The Twilight Hammer Cult seem to be trying to do something like that, but it is more a humanoid elemental/dragonoid mix (The Ascended I think it is called). We'll know more once we start questing in CATA.

As to becoming a full on dragon? Why? Dragon is a species just like blood elf is a species.
Err I kinda ment a dragon aspect like deathwing or alex
Old 2010-11-03, 12:21   Link #6185
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

To become a Dragon...no (I think).

To be able to take the Titan gifted power of an Aspect? We'll see? Thrall is supposedly getting the Aspect of Earth's power by the end of the expansion. (Or he's just strong enough to fill in the needed Earth roll since Deathwing is now the Aspect of Death)

The Power was granted to the Dragons because they were one of the first intelligent species on the planet (or maybe just one of the first species period). So it might be possible for any species to be gifted power by the Titans (or via one of the other Aspects who may hold said power...like say the Dragon Queen herself).
Old 2010-11-03, 14:39   Link #6186
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

So the dragon queen could give someone power to rival or atleast stand a chance at killing deathwing?
Old 2010-11-03, 15:00   Link #6187
Xacual

There really isn't much reason for her to do that though. She has had her powers for so long that giving them to someone else wouldn't really serve any purpose. The only reason Thrall might get the Aspect of Earth powers is because there isn't anyone serving that purpose anymore and Azeroth kind of needs one to fix the damage Deathwing has caused.

Also I thought the Titans created the Dragons.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 15:31   Link #6188
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

If she can kill him then why didn't she?
Old 2010-11-03, 15:45   Link #6189
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
If she can kill him then why didn't she?
If I remember right, there was a fight scene in the Twilight Highlands between Deathwing and Alexstrasza, things dint go so well for her though.. During the War of the Dragons (I think thats what it was called right?) It had to take the majority of aspects to finally comprehend Deathwing and his plans, so if it took all the aspects to finally put down Deathwing for so long... Its going to be one tough way to deal with him.

Dragons are just a race in general as Itherkro said. The Aspects are bestowed by the power of the Titans to look after the world while they passed away. Thrall did not get the enhancement, or the new role of Aspect of Earth, he is merely a strong and wise enough shaman to be able to prevent, or atleast control the Maelstorm as we deal with Deathwing.
Old 2010-11-03, 15:46   Link #6190
Xacual

Her giving her powers to someone wouldn't make them amazingly powerful or near Deathwing's level though. She'd become a normal dragon that's lived for thousands of years, that's still way above our heroes or even the faction heroes level. Only exception is really Malfurion but in my opinion he doesn't count, he's basically a demi god now. Thrall is pretty good too but he has other things to do.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 15:55   Link #6191
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Her giving her powers to someone wouldn't make them amazingly powerful or near Deathwing's level though. She'd become a normal dragon that's lived for thousands of years, that's still way above our heroes or even the faction heroes level. Only exception is really Malfurion but in my opinion he doesn't count, he's basically a demi god now. Thrall is pretty good too but he has other things to do.
Are we discussing how we can deal with Deathwing? Well we could recreate the War of the Dragon fight where Malygos, Alexstrasza, Ysera, and Nozdormu (before the myth about him creating the Infinite Dragonflight occurred) ganged up on Deathwing in order to stop him, but since Deathwing is stronger, we could add the heroes + Malfurion since he is back.

But since Malygos is dead, Ysera is trapped, and Nozdormu is in suspicion...

We could have Kalecgos + Alexstrasza + Heroes + Malfurion + other allies?
Old 2010-11-03, 15:57   Link #6192
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Well I'm still working on the story board. But one was where instead of the dragon aspects fight death wing seperatly they choose a hero to wield their power as one and fight death wing along with. The mightiest heros of hored and alliance
Old 2010-11-03, 16:02   Link #6193
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Well I'm still working on the story board. But one was where instead of the dragon aspects fight death wing seperatly they choose a hero to wield their power as one and fight death wing along with. The mightiest heros of hored and alliance
Was this part of the lore? If so please tell me what occurred with this idea..
Old 2010-11-03, 16:03   Link #6194
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

That doesn't really work that way: The dragons cannot exactly "share" their power per se. At most, they can bestow some enhancements, but that's it (although I doubt Blizzard will make an enhancement as crazy as the Essence of The Red).
It is similar to how people had to gang bang Malygos with the Red dragonflight in order to defeat him.

However, there are giant differences with Deathwing: he is pretty much the strongest Aspect, twisted with rage and the corruption of the Old Gods. If you add he has an Elemental Lord at his command, he cannot be compared to any being on Azeroth, Malfurion included.

Arthas was already a lore issue in term of defeat, but Deathwing is basically the "ultimate boss", next to -real- Kil'jaeden and Sargeras.
Old 2010-11-03, 16:05   Link #6195
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

eh, I guess its pretty hopeless

the Lich king's sword was broken by the Ashbringer, how is that lore breaking?
Old 2010-11-03, 16:07   Link #6196
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Has anyone watched the Blizzcon video where Paragon raided all sorts of old bosses, but buffed up to Cataclysm terms, and by the end Deathwing just came in, breathed on them, one shotting them?

If not watch this short video of him destroying Paragon.

If Deathwing, who is the Aspect of Earth (still maintains this title no matter what happened) can shape the earth, has the sole-fire destructive force of his corruption by the old gods. Fully recovered after the War of the Dragons.. He is basically 50x stronger then Arthas + Lich King either way..
Old 2010-11-03, 16:11   Link #6197
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

whos Paragon? some super nerd guild who has more zits than face?

so Deathwing actually DOES go around scortching shit
Old 2010-11-03, 16:13   Link #6198
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
whos Paragon? some super nerd guild who has more zits than face?

so Deathwing actually DOES go around scortching shit
Paragon is the world first guild that downed Lich King 25 man Heroic, since Blizzard thought that they would be perfect for their special event on Blizzcon, they thought they would give Paragon a challenge of facing (4) bosses at once, but upgraded to Cataclysm level (old bosses like Molten Core, etc, etc)
Old 2010-11-03, 16:16   Link #6199
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

ah, so i was correct.
Old 2010-11-03, 22:52   Link #6200
Yuno
Balanced Diet

I've heard this before, an "upgrade to mobs" in Cataclysm. The prospects sound delightful, but I am not sure what they mean exactly. I have an over active imagination so I can come up with tons of senerios so I would rather hear from someone who knows. What exactly are they planning to do with Cataclysm mobs? Increase in AI? I'm excited for Deathwings active involvement in our hero's destruction. It will add a level of intensity I haven't felt in a game before.
Yuno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows