AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-17, 05:22   Link #101
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Requesting thread to discuss the upcoming K-ON!! "Come With Me Concert" that is due to be held on Sunday the 20th of February 2011 in the Saitama Super Arena.
Old 2010-12-18, 09:10   Link #102
NakanoAzusa
KeiOnBu Bucho

I am second to that!!
Old 2010-12-27, 09:53   Link #103
Sparvid
*hic*

Thirded. I was thinking of posting some thoughts about the concert, but I'm not sure which thread is the most fitting.
Old 2010-12-27, 13:52   Link #104
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I don't think a concert thread will have enough discussion by itself, but the music discussion thread is the natural alternative thread to use.

As for the specials, I would suggest using the specific season general discussion threads for those.
Old 2011-03-09, 05:53   Link #105
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Might be too early BUT, K-ON!! OVA THREAD PLEASE!! XD So we can do some speculations on what it's going to be about. XDD Yes? No? XD sankyu in advance! XD
Old 2011-07-28, 04:25   Link #106
tyciol
*Artist

Can we please have a thread for K-ON!! 27? When this popped up in March by Coal Guys http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=201225 I thought it was a fluke but I noticed that Frostii also just released one http://frostii.com/tracker/torrents/...5D.mkv.torrent

I'd like to discuss this and what it is, because that page says 26 episodes, so what is 27? Is it an OVA?
Old 2011-07-28, 04:35   Link #107
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyciol View Post
Can we please have a thread for K-ON!! 27? When this popped up in March by Coal Guys http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=201225 I thought it was a fluke but I noticed that Frostii also just released one http://frostii.com/tracker/torrents/...5D.mkv.torrent

I'd like to discuss this and what it is, because that page says 26 episodes, so what is 27? Is it an OVA?
The thread already existed long ago. Here

Yeah, it's Blu-ray only episode.
Old 2011-07-28, 12:15   Link #108
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyciol View Post
Can we please have a thread for K-ON!! 27? When this popped up in March by Coal Guys [url]no no link[url] I thought it was a fluke but I noticed that Frostii also just released one [url]no no link[url]

uhmm, you can't miss it! its stickied , but if I were you I would remove those links too the torrents, were not allowed to provide links to K-On! downloads. this might happen..

imagine this! a scary moderator/admin at work.
()
Old 2011-07-28, 23:47   Link #109
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

It's okay. The second season isn't licensed and anyway, it's up on the main site!
Old 2011-09-10, 13:24   Link #110
keionbu

Hello! Straight to the point, can we get a thread going about the "Emotions of K-ON?" I'd like to see who can find stills of each girl showing the 8 following emotions:

Joy, Trust, Fear, Anger, Surprise, Sadness, Disgust, Anger, Anticipation

Preferably stills with each girl on her own, and from the waist up. Any episode. It would be so great to see this and I'm also trying to make a visual novel, yup ^__^
Thanks for anyone considering this! Thank you so much if it becomes a thread!
Old 2011-09-11, 21:14   Link #111
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keionbu View Post
Hello! Straight to the point, can we get a thread going about the "Emotions of K-ON?" [...] It would be so great to see this and I'm also trying to make a visual novel, yup ^__^
Sorry for the inconvenience, but this is basically a "Help Me With My Homework" type of situation (though it's not homework exactly), and we don't allow threads to be created for that purpose. It's sort of like you're trying to solicit free labour, and I don't see the end-result being all that useful to others who aren't trying to build a sprite library.
Old 2011-09-11, 21:27   Link #112
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by keionbu View Post
Hello! Straight to the point, can we get a thread going about the "Emotions of K-ON?" I'd like to see who can find stills of each girl showing the 8 following emotions:

Joy, Trust, Fear, Anger, Surprise, Sadness, Disgust, Anger, Anticipation

Preferably stills with each girl on her own, and from the waist up. Any episode. It would be so great to see this and I'm also trying to make a visual novel, yup ^__^
Thanks for anyone considering this! Thank you so much if it becomes a thread!
K-On! - Image Thread (wallpapers, fan art, gifs, etc.) could be a great resource
Old 2011-09-12, 21:19   Link #113
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I'd like to propose a "HTT Favorite Character" poll. This would be similar to a standard "Favorite Character" poll except the options to pick from would be narrowed down to the five main girls of Season 1, and you could only vote for one of them.

To get the gist of what I'm thinking of here, please refer to this thread here.

In the specific case of K-On!, what I find really interesting is how close the votes for the core cast is right here. A mere six votes separates 4 of the 5 main cast members from one another in that Favorite Character poll! In fact, Ritsu and Yui are tied.

Can there be any doubt that this is a widely beloved ensemble cast? It reminds me of Seinfeld when I was a teenager, and how the cast truly was greater than the sum of its parts.

And yet, every band has a lead singer, or a lead guitarist. Every band has someone that takes a bit of a lead role.

Who's that character in K-On, I wonder?

Given how close the vote totals are in that Favorite Character poll that I cited above, I have to admit that I'm really curious to see which HTT band member would get the most votes (or the plurality of votes) in a poll where each voter could only vote for one girl. Simply getting into this poll would be a bit of a honor, of course, has it would be limited to the main cast alone.

So, what do my fellow K-On fans think? What do the moderators of this site think?

Could we have a HTT Favorite Character poll?

Basically, a "Favorite Character" poll with only the main five girls in it, and only one vote per voter. No campaigning would be allowed.
Old 2011-09-13, 12:55   Link #114
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

As a test, I've created the K-On! - Favorite Main Character Poll with the five HTT members and single vote enabled. Let's see how this goes before we do any others.
Old 2011-09-13, 12:58   Link #115
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Thank you, Crow.

It's good to get a pretty prompt reply to a new thread request. I hope that this new poll does well, and gets some interest from my fellow K-On fans.
Old 2011-09-13, 20:40   Link #116
keionbu

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Sorry for the inconvenience, but this is basically a "Help Me With My Homework" type of situation (though it's not homework exactly), and we don't allow threads to be created for that purpose. It's sort of like you're trying to solicit free labour, and I don't see the end-result being all that useful to others who aren't trying to build a sprite library.
Aw, ok. Thanks for explaining to me though rather than passing it off as a bad idea : D.
Old 2011-09-14, 00:54   Link #117
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
What about a thread for the old characters (again) plus new characters:
Yui, Ritsu, Mio, Mugi, Akira, other people there, Azusa, Jun, Ui, Sumire, Okuda, Jun's brother...
Old 2011-09-14, 01:03   Link #118
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
What about a thread for the old characters (again) plus new characters:
Yui, Ritsu, Mio, Mugi, Akira, other people there, Azusa, Jun, Ui, Sumire, Okuda, Jun's brother...
^ The new characters hardly have any development and besides, there's no guarantee that the new manga will be animated.
Old 2011-10-27, 05:40   Link #119
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

This is more or less piggybacking off of Triple_R's idea, but here goes...
I'm proposing a Favourite Song Poll. Having a look through the earlier pages of the music discussion thread, I noticed people getting into heated discussions over the songs that they liked or disliked. The purpose of this poll is to gauge the most liked K-ON! songs within the community.
Ideally, the poll should only be created a few weeks after the release of the movie. The poll would be split into the following categories (allow only one vote per category):
  • Favourite opening credits song (OP) - Yui Hirasawa (CV: Aki Toyosaki)
    • S1OP: Cagayake!GIRLS
    • S2OP1: GO! GO! MANIAC!
    • S2OP2: Utauyo!!MIRACLE
    • MovieOP: Ichiban Ippai (いちばんいっぱい)
  • Favourite ending credits song (ED) - Mio Akiyama (CV: Yōko Hikasa)
    • S1ED: Don't say "lazy"
    • S2ED1: Listen!!
    • S2ED2: NO, Thank You!
    • MovieED: Singing!
  • Favourite insert song
    • Curry Nochi Rice (カレーのちライス)
    • Watashi no Koi was Hotchkiss (わたしの恋はホッチキス)
    • Fude Ben ~Ball Pen~ (ふでペン ~ボールペン~)
    • Fuwa Fuwa Time (ふわふわ時間)
    • Ichigo Parfait ga Tomarenai (いちごパフェが止まらない)
    • Pure Pure Heart (ぴゅあぴゅあはーと)
    • Honey sweet tea time
    • Samidare 20 Love (五月雨20ラブ)
    • Gohan wa Okazu (ごはんはおかず)
    • Tokimeki Sugar (ときめきシュガー)
    • Fuyu no Hi (冬の日)
    • U & I
    • Tenshi ni Fureta yo! (天使にふれたよ!)
    • Houkago Tea Time (放課後ティータイム)
    • Unmei♪wa♪Endless!
  • Favourite B-side
    • Happy?! Sorry!!
    • Sweet Bitter Beauty Song
    • Genius...!?
    • Our MAGIC
    • Kira Kira Days (キラキラDays)
    • Girls in Wonderland
    • Tsubasa wo Kudasai [cover] (翼をください)
    • Sakuragaoka Girls High School Anthem [Rock ver.] (桜が丘女子高等学校校歌 [Rock Ver.])
    • Ohayo, Mata ashita (おはよう、またあした)
  • Favourite Season 1 character song
  • Favourite Season 2 character song
One problem I see is dealing with the Death Devil songs- if you put them in as character songs, then they will surely be deemed "unpopular" in terms of votes. Another one would be dealing with the various versions of "Let's Go!" and "Come With Me!".
Thoughts?
Old 2011-10-27, 12:56   Link #120
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I have no problem with that (a similar poll was added to the Macross Music thread), but there can be only one poll per thread, and I'm not going to make multiple threads when one will suffice.

That said, I can put up to 30 poll options up there, though, imho, I would limit the individual slots for songs that actually appeared in the anime and use generic placeholders for the others (such as "Favourite B-side" as one selection).
Closed Thread