AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 121 Rating
Perfect 10 9 15.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 13.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 22.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 31.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.34%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.45%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-01, 16:29   Link #141
claremore

hysteria's form is very strange. possibly because priscilla's yoki affected what their natural awakened forms would look like? the wings for example could be from pris's yoki. roxanne's form does remind me of priscilla as well. but nothing i can really notice from cassandra...
but anyway i am really shocked/confused at hysteria's form. miria had the right reaction : "......."

one other thing that really surprised me was the ghosts' attitude. One thing they should have not been doing was smiling, what the?
even though this chapter wasn't great the next ones should get interesting now that some familiar characters are around again.

Last edited by claremore; 2011-12-01 at 18:04.
Old 2011-12-01, 16:30   Link #142
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
Yagi should take a break to collect some good ideas like miura does it from time to time. The longer the manga goes the more difficult it becomes to do it the right way.
Perhaps an easy way to beat hysteria would simply be to give her a mirror. If she sees how ugly she became she will finish what miria started with the claymore in her throat.
Please god no, I love Berserk, but they have been stuck on that damn pirate ship for years. That and, Miura decided his manga needed to become more like Dungeons and Dragons.
Old 2011-12-01, 16:45   Link #143
The Based

My only complaint is Hysteria's size. Then again, awakened Alicia wasn't that big either.
Old 2011-12-01, 16:47   Link #144
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Based View Post
My only complaint is Hysteria's size. Then again, awakened Alicia wasn't that big either.
Her size is good -- bigger isn't better; the more human-sized you are, the better off you are. You gain little by becoming humongous.
Old 2011-12-01, 16:52   Link #145
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Whats worse than Hysterias ugly form is the fact she only nibbled on a warriors armor... there better be good dialog there explaining why she just didnt tear off her limb (I mean with Cynthia/Yumas help it will grow back for crying out loud ).
Old 2011-12-01, 16:52   Link #146
Falcor

Send a message via MSN to Falcor
Quote:
Originally Posted by yononaka View Post
Spoiler for 2ch sketches, in spoiler tags for size:
I just finished perusing the Chinese scanlation, and just like last chapter, those sketches were remarkably accurate. Thanks for posting them, Yononaka!

One thing I noticed nobody remarked upon is Hysteria's flight capability. At least those out-of-place wings aren't just for decoration. Looks like she gets to join Priscilla in the flight club.

I really liked Roxanne's AO form. At first glance I mistook her for Hysteria, since her form looks far more elegant. Oh well... I wish Yagi had swapped their forms - would have been a better fit IMHO.
Old 2011-12-01, 18:13   Link #147
Dark Night

What.

I don't see Roxanne and Hysteria's forms growing on me any time soon. I know coming up with cool designs can be a daunting task, but it's like Yagi didn't even try. These-these... things look like nothing I'd expect from an Abyssal One.

Is it that they are not important in the grand scheme of things? Luciella made all but a cameo appearance in the manga, and her awakened form was cool.

Again, Abyssal Ones! They deserve better than this! Personal opinion of course, but damn. Here's to hoping the chapter's content will redeem these...these...
Old 2011-12-01, 18:28   Link #148
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Night View Post
What.

I don't see Roxanne and Hysteria's forms growing on me any time soon. I know coming up with cool designs can be a daunting task, but it's like Yagi didn't even try. These-these... things look like nothing I'd expect from an Abyssal One.

Is it that they are not important in the grand scheme of things? Luciella made all but a cameo appearance in the manga, and her awakened form was cool.

Again, Abyssal Ones! They deserve better than this! Personal opinion of course, but damn. Here's to hoping the chapter's content will redeem these...these...
Damn I was trying to type this, too slow.

I would add something – I don’t real think that yagi is going to kill any ghosts, the ghosts are going to kill hysteria and somehow cassandra is going to ask for the ghosts to kill her after she kills roxane.
Old 2011-12-01, 18:30   Link #149
The Based

My first idea was a swan-theme for Hysteria with the wings being able to also act as razor sharp blades.
Old 2011-12-01, 18:40   Link #150
TheKickInside
sidewalk safari

This chapter was a bit of a laugh really. I liked Cassandra's dodging.

Roxanne is a poor Riful, and Hysteria.... really Hysty babes? Though to be fair, there might be intentional irony in her form. Bets Nike HAs and saves the day?
Old 2011-12-01, 18:45   Link #151
White Silver King
The Isley

I gotta say, I'm really dissappointed with the ZAOs awakened forms. I'm shocked to say this but Cassandra's is the best out of all them IMO (it would actually be good if she stood up though!). It's art isn't terrible and, most importantly, it fits her. It's built around her signature techinque and her attributes. On the other hand, nothing of Roxanne exists in her awakened form - not in appearance or ability. If Yagi didn't tell us it was Roxanne I would have no idea who she was. And Hysteria just looks awful. Not only do I just not understand the concept (which just makes it look ridiculous) but she doesn't even have arms! She needs Miria to pull the sword out of her throat for her! The top half is nice (except for the lack of arms) but the bottom half is a mess - I don't see elegance anywhere. If Yagi needed to use these designs, he should have switched Hysteria's and Roxanne's; they'd at least make a little more sense with Roxanne's current form looking very elegant (Hysteria) and Hysteria looking like borrowed parts (Roxanne).
Old 2011-12-01, 18:46   Link #152
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Based View Post
My first idea was a swan-theme for Hysteria with the wings being able to also act as razor sharp blades.
That's what I was thinking!!!

Or something really graceful and gallant - something that actually fits Hysteria.

I get that beauty and grace is very related to ashetics - in other words, it's subjective since beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but it's one thing to try something unique and something that is so far out there that it's just silly.

That's what we got here -- I'm sure their is someone on Planet Earth who thinks Hysteria looks cool and/or elegant...but couldn't he come up with something that's at least a tiny bit more conventional? This looks like a case of "trying to hard to be cool" in my opinion.

Really, all things considered, I agree with White Silver King -- as bizarre as she looked when I first saw her, Cassie's form is now the best of them all....it's still weird mind you, and hasn't entirely fully grown on me, but it's at least waaaaay better then Hysteria's.
Old 2011-12-01, 18:51   Link #153
Ulquihorror

I'm disappointed. Roxanne does not look like a prostitute.
Old 2011-12-01, 18:55   Link #154
MalakTawus

HaHaHahahahahaha!
Oh god,Histy aw-form is too funny,i can't stop laughing!!!

No Yagi seriously,that form is absurd,i hope she has a special ability like Isley,Agatha or the destroyer so that she can makes some changes to her body.....HahaHahaHaha!!!

On the other hand i like A LOT Roxy's aw-form,imo it's a real work of art.

Another thing i noticed is that i have the impression that the warrior that Miria took is the same warrior that narrated about Miria's attack,maybe she'll be one of the survivors and will be a new character, tbh i already like her a bit since that chapter .

About the ghosts being confident......well maybe if Rxy and Cassy are busy fighting each others maybe all of the ghosts could give Histy some trouble if they go full power.....but for some reason i think that that Histy form will reserve us some bitter surprise, come on,it can't be THAT stupid (LOL),it probably has some strange secret,right Yagi?

No seriously,i doubt that Yagi wouldn't imagine that a form like that will cause a lot of complaints so for now i'll give him the benefit of the doubt and i'll wait to see if he is planning something with her (***cross fingers***).

To judge the chapter i'll wait the eng scanlation since it seems that some dialogue could be quite funny and interesting (go!!! Cassy go!!!)
Old 2011-12-01, 18:58   Link #155
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
Damn I was trying to type this, too slow.

I would add something – I don’t real think that yagi is going to kill any ghosts, the ghosts are going to kill hysteria and somehow cassandra is going to ask for the ghosts to kill her after she kills roxane.
If the Ghosts or any of the people besides the other ZAOs end up killing one them, then the powerlevels are truly truly broken as Nixl said...

these are abyssal ones for crying out loud -- no matter how good the Miria and Claire could be, how worthy of having No.1 rank, they still aren't Awakened themselves and still should be blown away -- plus, Claire isn't there, and we have two other Abyssal Ones in the middle of the way...

All these other people, the other Ghosts, don't matter.....quality, not quantity -- This whole situation is just one big fat mess, and the Ghosts are better off just regrouping and escaping.

Really, that's the only one I'll be happy with all this -- I won't be happy, just monstrously disappointed, if any of the ZAO's die (all the work, drama, the previous AO's dying....just for them to Awaken and die this quickly?), and especially if the Ghosts or the Claymores end up killing one of them; again, this whole thing is simply beyond anyone's control and it's best for everyone to just evacuate the area.

If other people besides the ZAOs died, I would be interested however.
Old 2011-12-01, 19:00   Link #156
Ulquihorror

Deneve can hammer the blade stuck in hysteria's throat and deal a great deal of damage to her body already
Old 2011-12-01, 19:01   Link #157
Falcor

Send a message via MSN to Falcor
It seems to me that Yagi is setting up two simultaneous 1 vs 1 fights: Cassie vs Roxanne, and Miria vs Hysteria. Before the Ghosts and company show up, Miria looks like she's going to shift from HA to FA. That could have been very interesting while keeping things more balanced. And to head off the avid Miria fan outcry, yes, I realize her awakening would indeed be tragic, but it would sure help make this whole fiasco a bit more believable.
Old 2011-12-01, 19:15   Link #158
MalakTawus

Why the hell people are doing "preventive complaints"? LOL
For all we know Yagi could have planned this whole set up to create a huge and tragic massacre,with maybe some survivors.
The only one i don't see dying in this situation is Raki's group, everyone else is obviously in deep s**t (and since the ghosts are not idiot they surely know this already).

Imo something tragic will happen,and that tragedy will be what will bring the story back to Claire.

Tbh this scenario has so many opportunities that i don't see why people should complain even for something that Yagi still hasn't done,for example how can some of you be so sure that Yagi won't kill warriors? Imo there is no way that a tragedy can be avoided. The only ones that could completely change the scenario are Claire and Priscilla or the ZAOs themselves if they begin fighting each other or losing interest in opponents too weak for them (and not very....ehm...."tasty"....LOL)

Also i'd like to add that imo it's not so strange that the twins were able to cut Roxy,afterall i doubt she's serious,she probably doesn't mind at all a cut like that since it's totally meaningless for her.....
Old 2011-12-01, 19:19   Link #159
White Silver King
The Isley

Quote:
If the Ghosts or any of the people besides the other ZAOs end up killing one them, then the powerlevels are truly truly broken as Nixl said...

these are abyssal ones for crying out loud -- no matter how good the Miria and Claire could be, how worthy of having No.1 rank, they still aren't Awakened themselves and still should be blown away -- plus, Claire isn't there, and we have two other Abyssal Ones in the middle of the way...
I wouldn't think it ridiculous for the Ghosts to team up and beat 1. They absolutely destroyed Agatha, a number 2. I mean, Clare defeated an awakened number 2 by herself - and that was 7 years ago! Not only have her power levels in strength and speed gone through the roof, she's able to attain her half-awakened form now through sheer will without having to worry about Awakening. There's also the fact that she has all the memories (and therefore the fighting knowledge) of Rafaela, a very powerful former rank 1 in power. That also ignores any other power-ups she might have gotten from the Blob.

All that is from just one of the ghosts! Helen has the strength to pierce almost any armor, Deneve is pretty much indestructible, Cynthia is a sensing beast, I really don't even need to talk about Miria (but all their power is boosted when being led by her because of her ridiculous leadership), and Tabitha and Yuma are there for healing support. And don't forget, they're now BFF with 2 completely healed single digits (3 if you count Audrey once she's healed, Nina and Rachel seem to be out for the count). To be honest, I'd be down-righted shocked if all of them couldn't manage to bring down one single of these brand new ZAOs.

Quote:
Before the Ghosts and company show up, Miria looks like she's going to shift from HA to FA.
The Ghosts arrive before she can.
Old 2011-12-01, 19:30   Link #160
TheKickInside
sidewalk safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
They absolutely destroyed Agatha, a number 2.
I must agree with this. Fair enough, Hysteria was probably loads stronger than Agatha as warriors, but can there really be such a power gap in just 1rank to change from a laughably easy win for the ghosts to an utterly impossible situation?