Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-08-07, 16:14   Link #461
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
It is not a case of not realising, but not wanting to realise
And that's my point. Complete denial of all things negative means she never faced them. Zetsubou Sensei might make mountains out of Molehills, but Kafka deny the existence of mountains when she lives in the metaphorical Himalayas. She is completely insane, and it isn't even sure if it would be safe to bring her back from that fake happy place she built herself in her mind.
Old 2007-08-07, 16:28   Link #462
anselfir
Style Über Alles

There is no depth to this so far, just a bunch of batshit crazy people mixed with some fairly irrelevant references. Yea it is entertaining but let's see how these use-and-discard characters will be developed.
Old 2007-08-07, 17:40   Link #463
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir View Post
There is no depth to this so far, just a bunch of batshit crazy people mixed with some fairly irrelevant references. Yea it is entertaining but let's see how these use-and-discard characters will be developed.
They are not "just" a bunch of batshit crazy people. Most of them have real mental conditions that affect Japanese society, expressed through humor and exaggeration. You are not looking at this anime using Kafka's mentality are you?

"These crazy people who exists in this anime can't possibly have anything to do with the real world and its social issues. They must be shallow made-up characters!"
Old 2007-08-07, 17:52   Link #464
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

All the kids have real life problems or situations that the anime obv over exaggerates in cases but thats what makes it funny. We all know the shy people who never talk, the perfectionist, the perv, the slut and so on and so forth. Every school has them. SZS I think does a nice job showing all the classes weird characterist almost to make the Sensei's problems just another part of everyday life for them. Fuura is definitely in denial, repressed mental anguish from stuff her suffered as a kid but her looking up at the tiger and saying if she dies she'll come back as Buddha just makes you tilt you head and chuckle
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 18:18   Link #465
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
I don't think you'll find someone with a fetish for tails MAYBE
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 18:19   Link #466
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
There are many people out there with worse fetishes then that. <3
Old 2007-08-07, 18:50   Link #467
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

this show sounds like fun... I think I'll give it a shot.
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 22:35   Link #468
W.C.

I'm surprised no one saw Kafuka for what she really is, she's not someone living in a delusion at all. She's a pure psychopath, probably the best example of one you'll ever find.

That girl is fooling everyone, her outer personality is just a shell, something she created to fit in to normal human society. What you saw in her eyes is the true her, the killer. And she's not just any killer, she's a serial killer who has found her first victim. I'm not joking here, this girl is beyond nuts.

The happy and overly optimistic her is her practicing how to blend in, how to never be seen for what she is, and never be considered as anything but the ridiculously happy girl. She's not trying to deny the existence of bad things, not really, she's building a personality that does so that is all everyone will see. What was in her eyes was just a small glimpse of the true her.

As to her being a future serial killer, I'm pretty damn sure of it. She chose her victim and her MO in the very first episode, in the very first scene and no one saw it for it really was, not even me until after seeing episode 4. She wants to kill Zetsubou sensei, and she wants to do it in a way that looks like an accident or suicide. All the times she "accidentally" nearly kills him are actually serious attempts to satisfy her bloodlust. And he won't be the last either. She'll probably prey on anyone who shows suicidal tendencies or depression, it'll make it easier to pass her kills off as normal suicides espiecally in a society like Japan's where suicides are becoming common. She doesn't want him dying from suicide, she won't get any satisfaction from that, it has to be by her own hand.

When she hit that girl in the back of the head with a cross, while it was made to look comedic it was actually her expressing her true self. She wanted to knock that !#%#@'s head off, killing her or giving her a concussion didn't matter as long as she got to satisfy her need for violence. By masking it as just another Kafuka idiocy she keeps others from realizing what she was up to. She wanted that girl to see the truth in her eyes, she wants her afraid, very afraid, she'll probably be victim #2 or 3 if Kafuka can pull it off.

Oh and about her mother and uncle, that to me showed that her family has a history of mental illness, but the others were too open about it. Her mom was obviously crazy and others tried to stop or minimize the damage she could do. Her uncle was probably just as crazy and got caught. Kafuka learned from both experiences that the only way she'll be able to survive in society is to be the perfect chameleon.

I don't know about you but this girl seriously scares me. I'll never be able to look at her the same anymore. She's the most disturbed character of the whole show, and she likes it.
W.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 22:41   Link #469
W.C.

btw, I'm gonna borrow this one, it just fits my personality too well.

Spoiler for image:
Old 2007-08-07, 23:21   Link #470
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
Agreed, Furra is freaking nuts. Seeing her parents attempt suicide caused her young mind to snap and now she's the happy killer. By acting nice she kills. Like with the cross. and "trying" to help Zetsubo from hanging himself (which was an attempt to end his life by breaking his neck) haha. I can totally see her trying to off the entire classroom for one reason or another. Why else would her name be Kafuka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
I wouldn't mind having a tail...or a girlfriend with a tail....or ears....I've had dreams that I had a fox tail and fox ears and everyone in the mall was chasing me for having them thinking I was a freak or something, then a girl saw me and took me hahahaha........am I crazy o_O
Nenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 23:22   Link #471
Avisch
Reality Blender

Yeah the whole thing on Kafuka's denial and possible darkside will probably bring the show to a bit more of a serious side.

I'm actually surprised that I was able to pick up that scene in episode 4. Normally I would have put it off as a joke.
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 23:37   Link #472
u43368
Disabled By Request

I watched the first ep... wtf does the Yoshinoya rant have to do with this series and why is it in the OP? The random copypasta and NHK like tone attracts me to this series, I like it.
u43368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 23:42   Link #473
W.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune View Post
Agreed, Furra is freaking nuts. Seeing her parents attempt suicide caused her young mind to snap and now she's the happy killer. By acting nice she kills. Like with the cross. and "trying" to help Zetsubo from hanging himself (which was an attempt to end his life by breaking his neck) haha. I can totally see her trying to off the entire classroom for one reason or another. Why else would her name be Kafuka?

I wouldn't mind having a tail...or a girlfriend with a tail....or ears....I've had dreams that I had a fox tail and fox ears and everyone in the mall was chasing me for having them thinking I was a freak or something, then a girl saw me and took me hahahaha........am I crazy o_O
I'm not completely sure her parents' "suicide" was really a suicide, I'll need more information to be sure. But one important thing you have to know about psychopaths is that they are not made, they're born. The suicide may have triggered her to the feelings she's always had but never understood, or it may have just given her ideas on how to satisfy those feelings, but it didn't just make her flip or "go" nuts. It's a lot like being a virgin, they don't know what they're missing until they get it but they still have the feeling of wanting or needing it.

Although as I said before, I'm still not certain that it was a suicide, they might have been her first two kills.

And now that I think about it, the reason she whacked that girl with the cross may be because it reminded her of her mother. If she prides herself on her control and ability to hide within society then her mother's craziness and lack of control may have been revolting to her. Seeing someone else lose control just like her mother did would be more than enough reason to not only whack her but to add her to her list of victims.... but I might just be over analyzing it. Damn this girl is scary... but I could really see her as killing her parents.

Last edited by W.C.; 2007-08-08 at 00:46.
Old 2007-08-08, 05:08   Link #474
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
OMG I never thought of it that way... What if she has already claimed several victims by "accidentally" helping them
Old 2007-08-08, 14:45   Link #475
jtrog

To add to the series ability to bring up 'social human problems' and make it funny. I wouldn't mind marrying someone like Kiri Komori. But she can't have my room no! NO NO! Besides I lost the keys to the locks on chain...

Ep 1 and 2 were informing about the people in the class. Eps 3 on have been something else. No idea the real age group this one is focused on. Back to thinking what 'somethings are better left un-said' was supposed to mean.
jtrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 14:48   Link #476
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
OMG I never thought of it that way... What if she has already claimed several victims by "accidentally" helping them
You can't get put in jail for trying to help a person NOT commit suicide, right? Hahaha. Who knows how many people she's already off'd. Maybe her parents attempt at suicide were really her trying to off them!

もいちど。。。
Nenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 15:59   Link #477
Shuugo
MeruMeru Piroripaporirora

Shuugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 00:17   Link #478
nhyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hopcroft View Post
Somehow I get the feeing I'm much better off having no idea whatsoever what these girls are doing and how it could possibly be pleasurable (or even comfortable). If I jusst think to myself "Yoga. they're doing yoga." then I will once again be able to briefly enjoy undisturbed slumber.
This had me laugh harder than the scene itself.
The OP was plain weird.
I'm sad that we lose much of the wit and wordplay and all T_T if only my japanese were better T_T Afk is doing a good job, tho'. I'm glad they carefully sub every chalk message lolz I have to pause every scene just to read them.

@W.C:
Quote:
I don't know about you but this girl seriously scares me. I'll never be able to look at her the same anymore. She's the most disturbed character of the whole show, and she likes it.
Hahaha I feel the same, people like this are even more dangerous than the outrageous, obvious crazy ones, because you'll never know what they're capable of. But hahaha your posts cracked me up (I'm sorry if you were being serious. I thought of your posts as being more...sarcastic lol). This girl can, um, kill lolz
nhyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 00:52   Link #479
janfive

[QUOTE=herbert;1078699]Avaters made from ep 5

[SPOILER="avaters"] [IMG]

can i use this one? fits my profile. Thanks!
janfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 02:25   Link #480
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
You can't get put in jail for trying to help a person NOT commit suicide, right? Hahaha. Who knows how many people she's already off'd. Maybe her parents attempt at suicide were really her trying to off them!
So it kinda makes sense that the Pink Supervisor is able to subconsciously dodge her attacks, as he is so used to not killing himself!

Tags
comedy, shaft