AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2013-09-28, 17:55   Link #1241
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Ouch...

Lolololololol.

I see a lot more valid reasons as to why it made no sense that I was completely ignoring

I didn't think about some of those arcs.... Hmmm.... That's true... though in the end, Kamachi is amazing at fixing any seeming plot discontinuity that could occur... so I'm still sure at least that Kamachi could make it work if he had to... Anyway, I guess we must now start considering (most of) the anime as an alternate universe? (the background music though can accompany their actions in real life it would sound cool after all ) Or we could just remember the good parts of it that make sense and ignore everything else... but I would like to say that in the end... I actually agreed with a lot of the concerns above... but I still liked the material because of the good parts outweighing the rest and being able to see the characters animated? Anyway, out of context, I don't think the arc was that bad... it was really only bad in context... looking at all the points made about Cloverfield
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 21:53   Link #1242
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Ouch...

Lolololololol.
After reading the page in question, I find I'm agreeing with the vast majority of the points
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 22:24   Link #1243
Sumeragi
Banned

I'm finding so many stupid points, it's astonishing how people are following them.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 23:44   Link #1244
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I'm finding so many stupid points, it's astonishing how people are following them.
Or rather for me, I'm baffled that this is actually a "thing" in the toaru wikia site
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 23:46   Link #1245
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Or rather for me, I'm baffled that this is actually a "thing" in the toaru wikia site
They pretty much got everything. Was surprised, too. Only had it pointed out today by the internet.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 10:39   Link #1246
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
The problem is that it made absolutely no sense for Misaka to just let the bad guys stick some mystery liquid into her body. Especially since these people have tried to kill her before. She had a sound mind and body at the time too so it can't be explained by emotional reasoning, and it wasn't her first every tense situation so it can't be blamed on lack of experience.

I've gone over this many times so I really don't see how you don't know what I'm taking about.
First of all, yes it can: Just because you've been in tense situations before doesn't mean you now how to approach all of them.

And secondly, Misaka knew it wouldn't kill her because she trusts Shinobu's judgement. If there really was a risk that it could kill her then Shinobu wouldn't have done it.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 11:53   Link #1247
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
First of all, yes it can: Just because you've been in tense situations before doesn't mean you now how to approach all of them.
I think she's learned enough to know not to let people who have tried to kill you insert mystery poisons into her veins. That seems like pretty basic stuff.

Quote:
And secondly, Misaka knew it wouldn't kill her because she trusts Shinobu's judgement. If there really was a risk that it could kill her then Shinobu wouldn't have done it.
What is Shinobu suddenly a mind reader? Shinobu knew exactly as much about Misaka did about what it was. Nothing.
Old 2013-09-29, 15:43   Link #1248
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
I think she's learned enough to know not to let people who have tried to kill you insert mystery poisons into her veins. That seems like pretty basic stuff.
Attack =/= Kill

Quote:
What is Shinobu suddenly a mind reader? Shinobu knew exactly as much about Misaka did about what it was. Nothing.
I would expect that Shinobu would have picked up what her "employer" was like in the time she worked for STUDY.
Old 2013-09-29, 15:52   Link #1249
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Attack =/= Kill
So he was trying to have that powered suit knock her out gently?

Quote:
I would expect that Shinobu would have picked up what her "employer" was like in the time she worked for STUDY.
If that's true then she would also have known Aritomi wasn't going to give over the "cure" after it was done.
Old 2013-09-29, 15:59   Link #1250
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
So he was trying to have that powered suit knock her out gently?
Perhaps you should open your eyes and notice that they were collecting data on her?

Quote:
If that's true then she would also have known Aritomi wasn't going to give over the "cure" after it was done.
And what could Shinnobu have done in her position? You tell me, and don't bother with your unrealistic scenarios.
Old 2013-09-29, 16:23   Link #1251
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Perhaps you should open your eyes and notice that they were collecting data on her?
Which we know as viewers, but Misaka didn't. Heck it would have killed her and Febri if Kongou hadn't stopped it.

Quote:
And what could Shinnobu have done in her position? You tell me, and don't bother with your unrealistic scenarios.
She could have just said "Hey don't trust this guy he's a jerk." Doesn't seem all that unrealistic to me.
Old 2013-09-29, 17:42   Link #1252
Shinhwa
Banned

I swear... Nagai ruined Mikoto... *facepalm*

I hope Kamachi learns from this...
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 17:46   Link #1253
Ilidsor
Angelerator

What would Kamachi have to learn? He's perfectly aware of how to write Mikoto, he created her after all.
Old 2013-09-29, 20:43   Link #1254
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

^ Not to trust Nagai and to make sure to watch him more carefully when having him create an arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Probably because Great Eye didn't put it up but someone else did. I'm wondering though if he will take it down because it doesn't seem like a good idea at all to put something like that on the site...
Old 2013-09-29, 20:48   Link #1255
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
What would Kamachi have to learn? He's perfectly aware of how to write Mikoto, he created her after all.
Learn that he shouldn't really leave his characters in other people's hands. The feeling that Kamachi gives and what Nagai gives are totally different.
Old 2013-09-29, 21:39   Link #1256
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
^ Not to trust Nagai and to make sure to watch him more carefully when having him create an arc.
I'm pretty sure the author does not have power over the team's decisions... that's in the hand of the two producers.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 22:10   Link #1257
Shinhwa
Banned

Sigh... let's just pray Railgun S3 doesn't have any filler arcs...

I really wonder how the Japanese fans feel about how the Febli arc went...
Old 2013-09-29, 22:13   Link #1258
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post

Since Liberal Arts City Arc starts on September 3rd or 2nd in the timeline or sometime really close after the end of this past arc, I'm super excited that I think that might be the filler of next season...
Old 2013-09-29, 22:17   Link #1259
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:

Probably the same as what happened here. Some people liked it and some people hated it.

They came up with the term cloverfield too, so there's that.
Old 2013-09-29, 22:41   Link #1260
Goldzero

Quote:

i was told many of them weren't happy about it, but im pretty sure the majority liked the finale and the arc itself.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote