Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-03, 14:41   Link #441
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The fun fact is: you wouldn't be that surprised in the game. Like mentioned before, the black knights were supposed to be "boss" type of enemies, with a thorough team battle in order to vanquish only one of them (with lots of bad end branches, should you select the wrong choice ).
The only reason you could be surprised by that is the fact that Takahisa is a "main character", so you would rather expect him to be saved by your usual plot armor.
However, regarding the black knight: it is another point that is rather strange: Misao only aimed at the fragments from start to finish. To be more accurate, Saiko was at school when Yukiko and Takahisa were attacked by a "mysterious niitouryu woman' (Kakeru and Misuzu just went back from training and witnessed the scene only afterwards). Takahisa is about to get skewed, but Saiko manages to shield him, at the cost of her life => berserk Taka.
Of course, The whole gang tried to stop him, but even Misuzu water spell couldn't do a thing, Taka just yelling "Don't get in my way!!!", but as he is about to blast everyone, Yukiko cries his name out despite her "assassin mode", knocking some sense to Taka for only few seconds before his rampage is resumed.
Taka runs away, Yukiko gives it the chase, while Kakeru and Misuzu report it to Yuka and Kukuri who are in state of shock.

The other fun fact: Yuka was nowhere obsessed and nut in the game, and she was like everyone else: completely overwhelmed by Taka's death (By the way, for those who wonder, Yuka was actually the one thinking that she could stop Takahisa with her "Hands of Glory", but because of a specific event, she couldn't do that). So seeing her totally ignoring the fate of anyone but Kakeru just makes me wonder if we are even having an "adaptation" here
Yeah I read how the first couple fights went. I pretty much stopped since it was kind of depressing to compare them with the actual anime fights . Kind of feel for the Black Knights since they went from insane threat to losers who can be taken down if caught a little off guard.

They are definitely going their own way with this. Odd choice on how to kill off Saiko as well. With her being used as a tool as if they knew Takahisa would snap and have to be killed. Didn't even give her an honourable death of at least sacrificing herself for someone instead just killed. Makes you wonder why stop there? Wouldn't it be even better to go around killing Kakeru's friends, Yuka's foster parents, and just about anyone else they can find to help shatter the resolve of that group more?

At least the end of Takahisa was handled better there too. I mean they know Takahisa is still out there possibly blowing the city up and they go back inside to relax and have some tea!? My condolences for game Yuka who actually seems sharp and came up with the same thoughts I had. Who knows if the anime's Yuka will ever give a damn or if she'll just continue her dance into insanity until someone kills her.
Old 2009-12-03, 18:39   Link #442
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Omg just watch ep 9 :

Mostly all are in breakdowns .
So , Misuzu's blood removed Kakeru's eye secondary effects and now he's a badass .( Well , not really just the bad guys are shit lol )
Yukiko killed the fire guy .
Misuzu is in despair ..

My best part :

Yuka and Shirio was drunking tea when *boom* they stared at us (look Yuka's face) then go back with the tea . *Yuka : "I don't care"
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 04:20   Link #443
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Yuka reminds me a lot of Kaede from Shuffle, all sweet and seeming like the winner but becomes psycho and falls apart at the end.
Old 2009-12-04, 05:58   Link #444
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
Yuka reminds me a lot of Kaede from Shuffle, all sweet and seeming like the winner but becomes psycho and falls apart at the end.
Yuka is even more crazier. At least Kaede wasn't oblivious to her surroundings, Yuka didn't even notice she was in the Red Night until Shiori told her so. Takahisa acted so irrationally (though the nurse's death was pretty shocking and obviously painful for him) but he still shouldn't acted that way and destroy half the city. I was surprised Yukiko killed him that quick though, I didn't expect her to kill him seeing as she was pretty much in love with him and all.

I lol'd at the preview, Yuka doesn't even seem to care that one of her comrades died. I love how she's going against the main principales a main heroine is supposed to have.
Old 2009-12-04, 07:53   Link #445
lightbringer
M9000

I was actually thinking they made her a bit like Rena from Higurashi. Well, it's more fun than watching her be normal, so I'm fine with it.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 14:55   Link #446
Greenish Growth

Yuka reminds me a lot more of Kirino from "Gift ~eternal rainbow" both in looks and actions, but I guess that anime is a lot less popular than the previously mentioned ones.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 16:30   Link #447
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
I was actually thinking they made her a bit like Rena from Higurashi. Well, it's more fun than watching her be normal, so I'm fine with it.
I think Yuka is just her own class of crazy . Depends if they give any real explanation for her shift, but at least Rena had a good excuse.
Old 2009-12-04, 16:34   Link #448
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Oh, I know of Kirino. Actually, I liked her better than the other osananajimi in that show (though I'd still take the win either way XD), but then again that was mainly due to her yandereness lol.

And in Yuka's defense, at least she isn't assaulting any of the other girls yet. In fact, she is oddly non-violent for being yandere who's off her rocker. So in that way, she's more stable than most of the yandere gang lol.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 17:04   Link #449
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I wonder if there will be any more of a reason for Yuka's craziness, or if they'll just use what we saw (KakeruXMisuzu) as the excuse... if it's the latter, then meh. ^^;

Also Rena wasn't really yandere. Shion was yandere. Rena was yangire.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 22:12   Link #450
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I have been pretty quiet since ep 2 and haven't felt like posting on something so badly done. But ep 9 was terrible i dont mean terrible like " oh you know it was bad but it had its moments" no it didnt there was not a single part that didnt annoy the living hell out of me. Misuzu throwing her sword after the other one was shattered WTF. Did she actually think it would hit something or that the fight was just over. Yuka................ im forgoing m comments.

Finally one of the main characters is taken down and there was no emotion behind it i felt worse seeing how sensei died with her eyes wide open obviously in terror before she was killed.

sigh i dont even know what to say anymore wait thats not true i do actually feel bad for Yukiko she had to kill the person she liked the only person left that she thought would understand her. Seeing how drenched she was in blood it was not pretty. I would say the enemy did a good job breaking those bonds too bad its just written poorly.

I wont drop it since iv made it this far but the way the story in presented and implemented is terrible. At least they let the cat out of the bag with a couple of answers. I love Kekeru's face when he said "the black knights are the good guys" lol talk about getting a shock.
Old 2009-12-07, 01:19   Link #451
Marina2

Yuka isn't yandere as Yuno in Mirai Nikki (wait! yandere is (n.) or (Adj.)?? ).

Even Though I don't like Yuka in anime, the preview of ep.10 made me look forward to it.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 03:29   Link #452
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Yuka isn't yandere as Yuno in Mirai Nikki (wait! yandere is (n.) or (Adj.)?? ).

Even Though I don't like Yuka in anime, the preview of ep.10 made me look forward to it.
I don't think anyone is on the level of Yuno.
Old 2009-12-07, 04:19   Link #453
Wrath88
Kissing...

Yuuno is like the pinnacle of that trope.

Recently got to the point where Yuka joined the 'fighting team' in the game. Too much compression in the anime... at my point, she has her power, she wants to fight, and she isn't yandere over Kakeru (though she did say things like 'Kakeru wa watashi no mono' and wanting to always be with him)

I think once the entire anime is over, I'll be writing a lengthy post on the comparison between the two. This might have been a better series if it had been 26 eps though.
Old 2009-12-07, 16:08   Link #454
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Superbia managed to complete which our 3 previous suckish knight not. Manage a victory. By herself she took on everyone in various locations and really managed to weaken the bonds.
Also Misuzu BSOD...I guess we'll see some developments on her side. Also Yuka...no comment.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 02:06   Link #455
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
3 episode break and wtf Yuka is crazy now.

Compaing her to Kaede isnt fair, alot more people liked her originally than Yuka.

And I liked Yuka, up until she licked Misuzus forehead to be like Kakeru, then I had had enough. Unless she has a BIG change, i have dropped her from the big three now. Its just Misuzu and Kukuri.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 13:04   Link #456
Key Board
Carbon

episode 10

Spoiler:
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 13:12   Link #457
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
episode 10

Spoiler:
Another anime original episode I see...
And a big fucking lol about the last spoiler
Old 2009-12-08, 13:38   Link #458
Wrath88
Kissing...

I'm guessing we're headed for a Kukuri end.

And my game progress only made it till the swords' destruction, though I have yet to meet up with Yukiko after she does what she has to.
Old 2009-12-08, 14:06   Link #459
Key Board
Carbon

well actually, the previews for episode 11 shows

Spoiler:
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 14:12   Link #460
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
episode 10

Spoiler:
Spoiler for reply for spoiler:

Tags
eroge, seinen