AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 38 38.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 29.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 17.17%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 7.07%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 4.04%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.02%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.01%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.01%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-19, 20:03   Link #81
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Considering Mugi has been shown to carry just about anything effortlessly (with a big smile), I wouldn't think it out of line for her to push the leaf-like Mio off the stage.
Old 2010-05-19, 20:05   Link #82
Ezilled

I've never thought that Megumi would be inserted and remembered by KyoAni. +3 points for her angelic voice, well-matured personality, and her solid admiration as a fan after she graduated in Sakura high. Surprisingly, the tea party was a pleasant addition as well as their first live performance including new music towards the end. As expected from Mio, the lyrics of Pure-pure heart were dreamy and playful but nevertheless, it has the same caliber as Fudepen and Stapler song. 6/2 can't come soon enough.

Anyways, the episode was a fun ride. In this wedding-esque tea party, the lack of groom or partner was somewhat disturbing while Mio was walking down the stage with a wedding music, if I heard it correctly, as a background. Mugi was really happy when Azusa and Mio, stunned with a blank faces, sliced a portion of the cake. Ritsu and Yui were both superb MCs. Mio opened up her thoughts to her growing fan club, and Nodoka had a decent screentime upon granting her simple request. Good stuffs nonetheless.
Old 2010-05-19, 20:44   Link #83
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

i like how mugi giggles before she removes that sticker off of mio.
Old 2010-05-19, 20:49   Link #84
karuroso

This epi just shows that if you want to make something better somehow just add lesbians =D
Old 2010-05-19, 21:11   Link #85
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Lolz to the green Raising hearth.
Old 2010-05-19, 21:26   Link #86
shomai
Doujinshi arteeeest :D

Lol @ the slideshow courtesy of Ritsu and her photo album Somehow I got an idea that she was actually saying, "Sorry fangirls but Mio's MINE FOREVAH!"
Old 2010-05-19, 21:48   Link #87
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

megumi's in hokkaido right now...there's no way that she'll make it to that event.
Old 2010-05-19, 22:05   Link #88
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
What a strange experience watching that.

The fan club tea party... is was so... lame! Painfully lame at parts. And that made it funny.

It was also creepy... and that gave just a bit of an edge to juxtapose the lameness.

I don't think either part by itself would have made for good television. It'd just be creepy or lame. But this combination, this perfect proportions in the mixture, it created a vibe that can only be describe as:

Awk-weird. (Trademarked by Kim Possible)

And it worked. Somehow it got past my cynical defenses, avoided being smothered by my empathy for the embarrassed Mio, and made me chuckle... and I ended up giving this Frankenstein of an episode a 10. How... How did they do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
I couldn't shake how freaking creepy this entire episode felt, and how it might have been a jab at the otaku populace who are borderline obsessed with Mio. I don't even like Mio and I felt bloody horrible for her during the entire tea party and her poem reading had me wondering why they even put that in to begin with.
:3
I wouldn't be surprised at all if that was the case.

I actually liked the poem. I thought the lines were rather good and had a pretty clear message... but then I'm known for writing poor impenetrable poetry myself.

As for why they picked Az-nyan to cut the cake, obviously they decided to bask the Mio mini-me in the glow of the idol so that after graduation the fanclub can shift focus to her and thus still remain supporters of the Light Music Club.

Every band needs one member that all the creepy stalkers and obsessive groupies can focus on. Obviously the other members have elected Mio to fill that post- after all she does it so well. Yui as the other face of the band gets to appeal to the Genki girls and the tomboys, and the guys who prefer that type.

They actually would probably make an effective duo in a real life band as the "faces".

PS: Also, am I the only one thinking that Mio's song writing is maturing a bit? Sure, Pure Pure Heart (or Pure Pure Love as it should probably be translated) is very light and fluffy. But at least it isn't comparing love to office supplies. In fact the lyrics seemed to me to fit right in with some of the cheesier (and successful) songs from Eighties pop. They also seemed closer to the level of the opening and endings in the level of polish.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2010-05-19, 22:13   Link #89
klare

funny eps, a bit creepy tho

oh, where can i get the fan-club membership card?
Old 2010-05-19, 22:19   Link #90
windseer
vocaholic

Lol Mio fan club? Its more like... The Mio torture club
Old 2010-05-19, 22:32   Link #91
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

No...the Light Music Club is the Mio Torture Club...they just let the Mio Fanclub watch for once.
Old 2010-05-19, 23:27   Link #92
startale

Finally we have the 1st new insert song for season 2, and a quite nice song.
err, frankly, i really want to see an episode for Mugi..
Old 2010-05-19, 23:59   Link #93
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Well Mio's Poem ran like this (according to Coalguys)

Glittering sugar,
An ingredient for the caramel sauce I mix for you,
Granulated sugar, brown sugar,
Maple, honey, wasabon sugar,
All ingredients for the caramel sauce I mix for you,
My heart is also like caramel sauce
A little burn matters not, for you help make this sauce taste better!

Bottom line : All the sweet stuff the recipient of this poem mixed into her heart made it soft and gooey. And the taste does not matter because she's already in love.

Of course, the risque part is that she's directing the poem at girls, in which USUALLY girls direct stuff like these at the guys they love. Apparently Mugi's rather happy.

For more details, PM Ascaloth or TRL.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-05-20, 00:07   Link #94
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I loved this episode. As I did the last one. I can't say that for many of the previous ones. This season is hitting its stride, for me. Or maybe I'm just learning how to appreciate it.

I really like Hikasa Youko (Mio) as a seiyuu right now. I thought she was good in this episode, and I like her as Junko in Ichiban Ushiro no Dai Maou, too. And she's going to have starring roles in two shows starting this summer: Seitokai no Yakuindomo and Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-05-20 at 00:25.
Old 2010-05-20, 00:30   Link #95
itzglez
♫♫♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You know, after rewatching the episode, I realised that Mugi was pushing Mio AND the chair at the same time.

According to the law of physics and the science of human physical structure, how can ojou simply slide Mio across the floor. And of all places, MUGI'S HAND HAS TO BE AT HER BUTT-THIGH AREA.

Nonetheless, it makes it funnier. Good job Kyoani!
seriously?!? LMFAO! oh geez, Mugi. haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
(I agree with Sawako, Mio needed to be in a costume....the summer maid outfit comes to mind first)
I was expecting Mio to be in a maid outfit to torture her more and I was bit disappointed when she's not.

~hides in a bunker~
Old 2010-05-20, 01:10   Link #96
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Well Mio's Poem ran like this (according to Coalguys)

Glittering sugar,
An ingredient for the caramel sauce I mix for you,
Granulated sugar, brown sugar,
Maple, honey, wasabon sugar,
All ingredients for the caramel sauce I mix for you,
My heart is also like caramel sauce
A little burn matters not, for you help make this sauce taste better!

Bottom line : All the sweet stuff the recipient of this poem mixed into her heart made it soft and gooey. And the taste does not matter because she's already in love.

Of course, the risque part is that she's directing the poem at girls, in which USUALLY girls direct stuff like these at the guys they love. Apparently Mugi's rather happy.

For more details, PM Ascaloth or TRL.
Whaa??

You got it all wrong. The "caramel sauce" in the second and fifth line is Mio's music (fitting considering her lyrics). The 6th line changes the use of caramel sauce to represent Mio's heart or feelings. (Implying that she's a sweet sensitive girl like her music). The fangirls burn the sauce (Mio's heart) because Mio finds them a little scary and creepy. However, she says that that's okay because the fangirls make the sauce (both her music and heart) taste better. Meaning that fangirls increase the fun and feel of being in a band and writing music for real fans makes her music better.

I got that at the first reading. It's as clear a blue sky. How can people not get it?

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2010-05-20, 03:16   Link #97
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

A bunch of recents post have been deleted. If you have issues with other members, bring them on pms. Secondly, you should know the limit between tolerable off topicness and annoying off topicness. That limit here was crossed, and it's the second time in a row after what happened in the episode 6 thread.
Can we please try and behave well? It's for everyone's sake, among other things.

----

On Topic note: not a bad episode. I just smelt a strong auto-celebration process going on, which in some way spoiled my fun for seeing Mio in all those odd situations. Props for some music though, finally.
Old 2010-05-20, 03:17   Link #98
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Great episode, good mix of comedy, some development, and nice insert song, so I'd put it only behind episode 5 for the second season so far. The flashback part was surprising well done, and I laughed so bad when Mio's "plan" to break the awkwardness failed so epically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
The looks on the faces of Azusa and Mio when they were cutting that cake was priceless. Made them look like a married couple. I think Azusa died a little inside right there.
Agreed it was hilarious, and really gave a feeling of dread, poor Azu-nyan xD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
On another note... If all of S2's IN Songs are as good as Pure Pure Heart in composition, then it'll be an awesome season of K-On music ahead
I hope cause then I might actually be able like HTT's insert songs as much as I like a certain other fictional band's songs *points at sig/avatar *.

Cause Pure Pure Heart was easily better than any of the S1 insert songs if you ask me.
MAL
Old 2010-05-20, 04:13   Link #99
sunwen

When I hold the tea party for the Azunyan fan club, I will cut the cake with Azunyan.
Old 2010-05-20, 04:19   Link #100
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
A bunch of recents post have been deleted. If you have issues with other members, bring them on pms. Secondly, you should know the limit between tolerable off topicness and annoying off topicness. That limit here was crossed, and it's the second time in a row after what happened in the episode 6 thread.
Can we please try and behave well? It's for everyone's sake, among other things.

----

On Topic note: not a bad episode. I just smelt a strong auto-celebration process going on, which in some way spoiled my fun for seeing Mio in all those odd situations. Props for some music though, finally.
Sorry, I lost my temper and I shouldn't have done that.

Closed Thread