AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-10-03, 20:57   Link #1261
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

How do you get sacked nine times in one half? What the fuck? And now he is out of the game with a concussion, not surprising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
But other than that I have no sympathy for the Panthers...Those bastards have caused us much grief over the years, and watching their team and organization crumble this season is sheer delight^^...You guys have a super cheap owner who just cares about his pockets (Much like our owner, Tom Benson, USED to be)...Until he changes yall will suck...
No, if that was the case then we wouldn't have been as successful as we have in such a short period of time. I don't like it but Richardson is preparing for a lockout, if that is adverted then it'll be back to business. Also, assuming the salary cap returns returns, the Panthers will have over 70 million to spend on re-signees and free agents. So don't worry, we'll be back sooner than later.

I just hope that DeAngelo Williams to GB for James Jones and a conditional 3rd rounder trade rumor isn't true.

Last edited by Dilla; 2010-10-03 at 21:13.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 21:07   Link #1262
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Unless something changes they'll push past the 12 sack record.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 21:53   Link #1263
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Lol Todd Collins just threw his first regular season interception since 1997.
Old 2010-10-03, 22:14   Link #1264
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
When they said Todd Collins was coming in for Cutler I nearly spit my drink all over the room. I am just plain shocked that he is still around.

His 16-year career stats are like those of some QBs in a single season.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 22:18   Link #1265
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Well his career is probably over now with the hit he just took...$800,000 not a bad pay check for 1 viscous hit though...
Old 2010-10-03, 22:23   Link #1266
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Panthers got the Bears next week . . . if Hanie starts and beats us my life-force will be drained.
Old 2010-10-03, 22:26   Link #1267
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

This is a super random game..NY won't play like this the rest of the season and the Bears won't stink like this...This is one of those games where you don't even watch the film after you lose, you just throw it out...Can't wait for the NFL network guys to blow this outta proportion on both sides only to have a way different outcome next week...

This is the new NFL, crazy random $hit every week...
Old 2010-10-03, 22:39   Link #1268
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

The Chiefs are the last undefeated team in the NFL this year.
Old 2010-10-03, 22:56   Link #1269
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
I was going to post that. There isn't a person alive who would have predicted this going into this season.
Old 2010-10-03, 23:16   Link #1270
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I was going to post that. There isn't a person alive who would have predicted this going into this season.
Yeah, and everyone thought that the fucking niners would have kicked hard ass this season, glad to see everything turned out just fine. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 23:33   Link #1271
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
To be fair, they are still only 3-0. I jest though. I like Thomas Jones and hope to see them continue to do well.

In other news, my Quarterbacks are Vick and Cutler. I'm... rather boned. I really hope they're both back up to snuff in time to play next week.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 09:18   Link #1272
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Well my hope for the Eagles were just dashed with Vick's injury.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 10:50   Link #1273
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
To be fair, they are still only 3-0. I jest though. I like Thomas Jones and hope to see them continue to do well.

In other news, my Quarterbacks are Vick and Cutler. I'm... rather boned. I really hope they're both back up to snuff in time to play next week.
Remember they are a surprising team and it would be interesting If they make it to the playoffs and I believe they have a chance.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 17:39   Link #1274
solomon

Kansas coach says no Chicks after dark...really?

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_...-female-curfew

Dude I like Turner Gill and I know he's old school and wants to rear "fine young men" and all that but from a realistic standpoint.....that is so 40s.

I can't help thinking that's somehow gonna be a drag on recruiting.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 17:50   Link #1275
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_...-female-curfew

Dude I like Turner Gill and I know he's old school and wants to rear "fine young men" and all that but from a realistic standpoint.....that is so 40s.

I can't help thinking that's somehow gonna be a drag on recruiting.

AU was thinking about him before we got Coach Chiz back (now as head coach)... TG is a class act, and the AU family would have been glad to have him.

A classy coach with a honest, serious, work ethic can succeed. He just needs to be at the right program. There are some schools that don't have that style as a goal... and that's their business, but there are many programs that would indeed flourish under him (many of those mind you are in the ACC and SEC).
Old 2010-10-04, 20:03   Link #1276
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Well my hope for the Eagles were just dashed with Vick's injury.
Hey man don't worry, Mcnabb is worse than Kolb, and that trade within the division was a good idea... /s. No but in all seriousness I like Vick and want him to be redeemed especially since PETA crazies tried to villify the man after he had been rehabilitated and paid a greater price than most celebrities get for killing HUMAN BEINGS... dante stallworth, OJ and many others, and then of course Charlie Sheen.. that sum bitch beats enough women yet he hasn't faced any jail time. Basically my stance on Vick is the same with TI and Lil wayne, they did the time for the crime and deserve second chances because we as people are flawed and are not perfect beings.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 21:38   Link #1277
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Except for 2 plays in that Game, McNabb stunk...Real heads understand why McNabb lost his job in Philly, he's so effin inaccurate with the football...Even the long pass where he hit his receiver he made the guy drift out of bounds...That should have been an easy TD pass for a high level starter...

McNabb might be the most polarizing player in NFL history from a media-evaluation standpoint and a talent-evaluation standpoint...There really is no middle ground with him...
Old 2010-10-04, 21:42   Link #1278
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Arizona, my face, that's all.

Seriously.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 21:59   Link #1279
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^Except for 2 plays in that Game, McNabb stunk...Real heads understand why McNabb lost his job in Philly, he's so effin inaccurate with the football...Even the long pass where he hit his receiver he made the guy drift out of bounds...That should have been an easy TD pass for a high level starter...

McNabb might be the most polarizing player in NFL history from a media-evaluation standpoint and a talent-evaluation standpoint...There really is no middle ground with him...
He's good, he gets shit done, and just because he didn't bring Philly to the promise land, the fans will never forgive him. He is a future hall of famer, and this point I would want Mcnabbs flawed but known potential versus the unknown that is Kolb. Kolb had two great games when garcia had the starting job and went out due to injury, but so far he's just ineffective, mcnabb isn't efficient and he isn't accurate but there is always a 33%ish chance for him to kill you with a bomb, he is a streaky player, but the point is even with a 60 point passer rating his team was the victor, and the thing is even with Andy Reid's shitty play clock management, Mcnabb won those games where he "almost" lost them. That's how I've always thought of him. If he had a better coach McNabb would be a shoe in for the hall of fame.

@Kholdstare

I feel ya... losing to the steelers in a crazy shootout for a SB then to have a killer season back to the conference finals to then have your team which had become a perennial playoff contender to just disintegrate. Reminds me of the Shaq's last year as a Laker, those were dark times, and we had just signed Karl Malone, Gary Payton (3 bomb sonic master) to an allstar team... Also I do have a man crush on Kurt Warner because even with the psycho wife drama at home and always being the underdog, he really pulled it out everytime a team has trusted him.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 22:17   Link #1280
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Also, NE defense will never get another start from me. How do you give up so many points to the Bills?
Five forced turnovers and two defensive scores tonight.

And I'm going to lose by 4 freakin' points because neither Wes Welker or Brandon Marshall couldn't score a TD. What the hell, how often does that happen?

Fantasy football can be frustrating sometimes, but I still love it.

Last edited by Dilla; 2010-10-04 at 22:33.

Tags
american football, sports