AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 18 27.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 34.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 22.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 6.06%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 7.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.52%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-10, 22:39   Link #21
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
I wonder why Manglobe is trying that hard to make Elsie look cute... not that is bad (and i'm not complaining =X), however in the manga she can also look attractive sometimes and of course, i'm doubtful about they animating that part of her since they're using this moefied character design and etc (worked well for Kanon though =O)
Well, Kanon has always had a more moefied design than most of the other heroines, for obvious reasons. So it at least feels like there's less change with her (it's not worth breaking out a side-by-side comparison).

I've made my peace with the fact that the only way we were going to get a near-indistinguishable manga-to-anime design change was if Shaft had been handed the reins to this series and had given the design decisions to the folks who handled Zetsubou-sensei. I think most of us will agree that there probably hasn't been a purer design adaptation in recent memory (although Arakawa is close). But Manglobe has handled the other, arguably more important, aspects of the adaptation better than I think Shaft would have, so I'm fine with how things are...more or less...

Quote:
Originally Posted by khryoleoz View Post
Ditto. Can't wait for the coda!

Though I generally like Kanon, her character type, the needy clingy kind whose identity and security totally rests on the affirmation by others, makes her one of my least favorite. But I thought the scenes where she kept calling him out was very amusing.
In the end, I love what was done to flesh out the character in this episode. This is one of those anime shows where I like much better what it does do differently from the manga.
I think a lot of that is that by the very nature of the manga's structure, it allows for addition to the storyline more smoothly than most series. And there is a fairly distinct feel to the series that is nonetheless not difficult to emulate.
Old 2010-11-10, 22:48   Link #22
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I found the episode so good, though when Kanon broke the tree with her weapon, I laughed yet was at the same time. I have to wonder how something "Safe" can do that much damage . His auction thing was weird and bit over dramatic, but it was funny at the cause it was true generally on how important it seems to be know a girl's trouble.

Elsie going to studio was extremely amusing as well, and the development between Kanon and Keima was good, and her back-story as well, though I wonder how much of the next episode will be dealing with Kanon.
MAL
Old 2010-11-11, 00:23   Link #23
ion475
にこにこにー

Find the slow pacing weird...could have finish the whole thing this episode but I guess 3 episodes means more CD sale (XD...)

It's a fairly boring episode, though, maybe it's just that Kanon's character is not all that interesting (other than being a yandere...).

The only two thing I can take out is the chibi Elsie, and the Kanon reference (The script Kanon is reading is between Shiori and Sayuri. In addition, those boxes in the filming set have Minase on them...)
Old 2010-11-11, 00:27   Link #24
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Didn't really feel it last week, but Kanon captured my heart this episode.
Old 2010-11-11, 02:29   Link #25
Divini
Senpai!

My thoughts

- Wow, Kanon got E-Honda skillz while Keima has Touhou-like dodging. If that was me, I wouldn't survive that

- Keima getting gunned down on the stage dramatically.... then Elsee going "Too long!" It's like Elsee was watching that whole thing alongside us

- Mari's scenes were epic right there. Especially the last 10 minutes of her scolding, I couldn't stop rewatching that

- Was Kanon always this cute? O.O

- This arc is really fleshed out, feeling more complete than the original. Kanon's past with Citron added a needed back story that was only slightly touched upon. Excellent episode.
Old 2010-11-11, 04:27   Link #26
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

A Matter of Identity.

I was initially apprehensive that they'd extend her arc more than what I thought was necessary. However after seeing this episode and the amount of extra stuff they put in there, including the extra scenes that focus on her issues and relationship with Keima, I think I may have realized why the anime decided to do this, and it makes almost perfect sense when Ithink about it.

This realization is of course based on the current status of the manga content so it doesn't belong in this thread, but it arguably feels actually like a wise choice because it'll make the anime much clearer for viewers with no manga exposure, so I'll leave it at that.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2010-11-11 at 09:44.
Old 2010-11-11, 04:41   Link #27
Clarste
Human

Frankly I hate Kanon so seeing more of her doesn't make me happy, but there's nothing particularly wrong with the episode, I suppose. For the record, her arc feels to me like a "the ratings are dropping so let's do something crazy" thing more than a natural progression of the series. Idols and stunguns and magic, oh my. While I'd never call the series realistic, it's a bit too much too soon.
Old 2010-11-11, 04:52   Link #28
U<3Anime
Boo!

I like Kannon and its following pretty faithfully to the manga so there's no way i that i didn't enjoy this episode. Even more so, when it seems like they tried hard to amplify her cuteness lol.

What scenes were not in the manga? Is it the scene with Elsee visiting the tv station and getting scolded by Keima's mom? I thought that pretty cute and amusing too. =3 But I do find it weird how they are leaving the ending for the next episode, since there's really not much to follow at that point, so they are most likely to start the next arc halfway through (Unless, they make another episode out of it, which I hope not).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Frankly I hate Kanon so seeing more of her doesn't make me happy, but there's nothing particularly wrong with the episode, I suppose. For the record, her arc feels to me like a "the ratings are dropping so let's do something crazy" thing more than a natural progression of the series. Idols and stunguns and magic, oh my. While I'd never call the series realistic, it's a bit too much too soon.
It just gets more progressively "magical" and "crazy" as the series goes on.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-11-11 at 13:23. Reason: Please edit rather than double-posting
Old 2010-11-11, 05:13   Link #29
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
It just gets more progressively "magical" and "crazy" as the series goes on.
That's why I said too much too soon. And the whole "idol with stunguns" thing annoys me much more than the magic, which is already established in the premise with the demons and all that.
Old 2010-11-11, 05:26   Link #30
Zekori

Some of the anime original scenes actually fit the flow and flesh Elsee out a bit more than her just being the ditz (which can be a bit of a issue later down in the road in the manga, because its almost "flanderization"; so new depth is a welcome change). Found the scene with the mother to be amusing and the highlight. Wasn't put off from the pacing or the the added back story for Kanon's arc, and it's actually nice in the long run that their adding more depth in the very least for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Quote:
That's why I said too much too soon. And the whole "idol with stunguns" thing annoys me much more than the magic, which is already established in the premise with the demons and all that.
To be fair, it's not like they added in the stun guns because they felt like there was a rating drop. Nearly everything, like others have mentioned is faithfully adapted to the original with slight modifications here and there.

Spoiler for Manga Chapter 07, Kanon Arc;:

As for the pacing as mentioned by others, gotta remember many things are easily skimmed and slapped into a single panel which can mean a bit given its faithful adaption. In this case to deal with a single panel it can usually take 20~30 seconds (ditto with the insert songs or Keima's mind blurbs which can take a page or a bit but anime screen time wise can take nearly a minute or two for effect), I mean look at some anime adaptions of some 4-komas pretty much the same thing going on.

That said, besides some new scenes here and there nothing really new from the original material besides it being animated; which is actually really nice for what it is.
Old 2010-11-11, 06:06   Link #31
Kagayaki

The auction scene is the only one of Keima's lessons I felt was awkwardly adapted. It was only one panel in the manga... (and worked a lot better there).

On the bright side, the Elsea scene transition images continue to be adorable :

Elsea's scenes are easily the highlight of the series so far for me. Also, the singing scenes obviously come to life in the anime in a way that they definitely didn't in the manga though, so that's really nice to see.
Old 2010-11-11, 06:13   Link #32
problemedchild
ô_ô

So I've totally forgotten all of the musical notations I learned back in band.... Can anyone please remind me what the sign was towards the very end of the episode?
Old 2010-11-11, 06:15   Link #33
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I love that they extended this episode and gave more characterizations for Kanon. Oh how did they mange to make a Yandere Idol this adorable and cute?

Also.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I've made my peace with the fact that the only way we were going to get a near-indistinguishable manga-to-anime design change was if Shaft had been handed the reins to this series and had given the design decisions to the folks who handled Zetsubou-sensei. I think most of us will agree that there probably hasn't been a purer design adaptation in recent memory (although Arakawa is close). But Manglobe has handled the other, arguably more important, aspects of the adaptation better than I think Shaft would have, so I'm fine with how things are...more or less...
Shaft? SHAFT!? NO JUST NO!
I'm thankful it's was Manglobe who are animating this anime coz if Shaft did it, they would ruin it with their weird directions, lazy one scene work, etc. I can never forgive them on what they did to Dance of The Vampire Bund.
Old 2010-11-11, 06:19   Link #34
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post
On the bright side, the Elsea scene transition images continue to be adorable
Adorable as in scary, then i'd agree with you.
Old 2010-11-11, 06:24   Link #35
Kagayaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemedchild View Post
So I've totally forgotten all of the musical notations I learned back in band.... Can anyone please remind me what the sign was towards the very end of the episode?
You mean this one?

That's the sign from dal segno. When you get to the part marked DS, you go back and start playing from the sign. (As opposed to DC, da capo, which means to go back and play from all the way back at the beginning)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Adorable as in scary, then i'd agree with you.
I find pretty much everything associated with Elsea to be adorable, so I'm not exactly objective about these sorts of things
Old 2010-11-11, 06:43   Link #36
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Nice, slow, yet fulfilling episode.

That's the word.

I'm not that of a manga-reader, but I can see that they're pretty much slowing down the pace, which is a bit good, since their requirement "girls for these 11-13 episodes" for this season is just...around 6-7? =/
Old 2010-11-11, 09:27   Link #37
s07195
However,

I really liked the episode overall along with the extra backstory, but the pacing was a bit slow, only a bit. The second half was excellent however. As ronelm said "Nice, (a bit) slow, yet fulfilling episode".

Looking forward to the ending for the first half, and hopefully capturing god mode.
But looking at the name of the next flag, my hopes are dropping T_T
Old 2010-11-11, 10:11   Link #38
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Anyone else besides me feels that the seiyu for Kanon improved A LOT compared to the last episode? It actually felt more like the voice of the character, unlike the last episode. Furthermore, Keima's voice feels perfect now.

Keima dodging the taser attack at the start was I'm surprised that he could do that despite not being that fit physically. It might be because I've grown fond of Kanon due to the current manga chapters but she felt really, really cute this episode.

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
Old 2010-11-11, 11:44   Link #39
tsunade666

Kanon become a lot cuter on this episode and even explains more than the manga. But at start it feels a drag but it gets better. LOL when The rapid messages comes.

A perfect 10 indeed. The only one that probably bugs me or kinda unusual for me is Keima in the anime is easily affected by 3D or he easily blush. But I don't care much anymore because he looks cute when he blush. Reminds you of the god still has emotions.
Old 2010-11-11, 11:47   Link #40
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
Anyone else besides me feels that the seiyu for Kanon improved A LOT compared to the last episode? It actually felt more like the voice of the character, unlike the last episode. Furthermore, Keima's voice feels perfect now.
I also had the feeling the VA improved quite a lot, she is trying very hard to get better and I already see good results.
I didn't see any change for Keima but he's as good as always for me, heh.