AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-12, 23:59   Link #1041
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

But not enough whining over Stockingtron's decisions and wanting to take over and stab him/her in the back! That would have been classic Starscream.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 00:39   Link #1042
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

One of my favorite parts is when Stockingtron has just finished recruiting the rest of the Stockingcons, and she gives that classic Megatron sneer (see Funkatron's avatar). The level of detail that went into this parody is absolutely insane. The final battle between the Pantybots and the Stockingcons alone was absolutely brimming with visual references to the G1 animated movie.
Old 2010-11-13, 01:05   Link #1043
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
One of my favorite parts is when Stockingtron has just finished recruiting the rest of the Stockingcons, and she gives that classic Megatron sneer (see Funkatron's avatar). The level of detail that went into this parody is absolutely insane. The final battle between the Pantybots and the Stockingcons alone was absolutely brimming with visual references to the G1 animated movie.
The best part was when I noticed that at the start of the final battle, Panty has the Condombot attached to her gun. I was really losing it by then. The attention to detail in placing tiny visual gags within each frame of the main visual gag is really amazing. Amemiya knocked this one out of the park.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 01:07   Link #1044
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Robots are awesome so the first part was instant win, though I was a little disappointed to see no robotic transformation for Panty & Stocking. D=

Second part wasn't that bad either. Amusing montage episode about P&S going through different jobs and settling on gambling for their earnings. Glad to see Scanty & Kneesocks will be frequent antagonists from now on
Old 2010-11-13, 01:56   Link #1045
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
The best part was when I noticed that at the start of the final battle, Panty has the Condombot attached to her gun. I was really losing it by then. The attention to detail in placing tiny visual gags within each frame of the main visual gag is really amazing. Amemiya knocked this one out of the park.
That's nothing. Right before that shot, Stockingtron's Dildocon is...in a very suggestive position...

I've stopped trying to anticipate this series, like I do with so many others. There's no point. Not that it's random, although it is, but there is very much a method to that deceptive madness. Now I just sit back and enjoy it, and then watch it a few more times to stand in bemused awe at what I can't believe I missed.

I only hope this series spawns more like it. Not just imitators of its subject matter and overall style, as there will no doubt be plenty of those knockoffs soon enough, but series that buck the "flavor of the week" trend and let their animators and directors have a little fun once in a while...

It may not quite have the best animation (although the last two episodes do nothing if not flaunt their animators' prodigious talents), it may not have the most complex plot (or any real plot, for that matter), and it may not even be the funniest (Mitsudomoe might argue that claim), but pound for pound, this may just be the best series of the year (amid admittedly scant competition)...if it keeps up this momentum. It's already guaranteed itself cult status of at least the FLCL level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
Transformers part was really boring and unfunny, except for that Garterbelt moment.
Maybe it's interesting for mecha fans, but for me it was a total waste of screen time.
Bite your tongue, heathen. (lol jk ^_^) Transformers are not mecha. There are no angsty yet photogenic kids controlling those robots... That's what killed G1, was moving toward the traditional giant mecha pilot/mech dynamic, if only slightly. Very different types of stories, and a very different type of fan.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2010-11-13 at 02:20.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 02:01   Link #1046
Kagura89

Transformers parody is the best thing I've seen today.
Kagura89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 02:16   Link #1047
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I love how there are so many totally off the wall gags in the background. I noticed that the Pantybots in the final battle also had a toiletbot among their ranks, and one of the most hilariously random moments in the final battle is when the robot with a car as its body transforms into a DINOSAUR instead. Seriously, Gainax is on some awesome drugs.
Old 2010-11-13, 05:27   Link #1048
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Maybe not for English speakers, but Mesutron ("mesu"=female, "Femitron" in the Crunchyroll sub) and Osutimus ("osu"=male, "Masculimus" in the Crunchyroll sub) were voiced by their G1 Japanese counterparts Seizo Katou (Megatron) and Tessho Genda (Convoy), respectively...
Oh i already know about that . I was just wishing we had a few old school Prime references, though it doesn't matter much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
But not enough whining over Stockingtron's decisions and wanting to take over and stab him/her in the back! That would have been classic Starscream.
It's obvious that this episode was trying to fit in as much as possible, so asking for something that is a bit much . I mean we're lucky they added in that Starscream scene in the image 7Th posted.

Quote:
Transformers are not mecha.
Personally i'd say they are, though that's a discussion left for another thread.

Quote:
and one of the most hilariously random moments in the final battle is when the robot with a car as its body transforms into a DINOSAUR instead. Seriously, Gainax is on some awesome drugs.
It's not that random, i mean it's just one of the dinobots called Grimlock.
Old 2010-11-13, 05:48   Link #1049
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's not that random, i mean it's just one of the dinobots called Grimlock.
Grimlock's robot form does not have a car stuck on his torso! When a robot has a car torso and transform into a dinosaur instead, it's totally random!

In other news, I didn't notice it until a second viewing, but Pantybot's "screw" is actually part of her design. It's there right from the beginning, just waiting to be used for "that scene".
Old 2010-11-13, 08:42   Link #1050
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Grimlock's robot form does not have a car stuck on his torso! When a robot has a car torso and transform into a dinosaur instead, it's totally random!
It might be a joke on the fact that Grimlock got a car-toy made for him for no reason.
Old 2010-11-13, 09:11   Link #1051
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
It might be a joke on the fact that Grimlock got a car-toy made for him for no reason.
Ooooh. That's a good catch. Yeah that sounds like the sort of gag Gainax would pull.
Old 2010-11-13, 09:13   Link #1052
Fran~
floating away...

It's one of the shittiest day in my life... but i saw the episode and Gainax could put some smile in my face and forgot my problems for a while...

so thanks a lot Gainax... the transformers parody was great, you can just laugh at it, but when you pay attention you can see those amazing details and you say: "sh*t, Gainax is serious bussiness". The second part was pure eye-candy, Gainax just threw the entire fetish list... nurses, carwashing, police women, etc... Briefs is buying Pantie's panties?, so, he does have some money

Again, thanks Gainax...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Also Stocking is way hotter with her hair up.
every women is hotter that way....
Old 2010-11-13, 09:23   Link #1053
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
*snip*
That's the sexiest thing I've seen all week. I didn't know they made Transformer models that were so intricate.
Old 2010-11-13, 09:35   Link #1054
Nerroth
NePoi!

There's one scene in particular from that first part that I really wish wasn't there, but the rest was well done.
Old 2010-11-13, 10:14   Link #1055
xSirmy

Can someone make gif from the part when Panty removed her bra and Stocking her sock please?
xSirmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 12:27   Link #1056
kramerica

Here you go.

This was kinda hot :P

Nanael is not amused.
kramerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 12:36   Link #1057
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Its sad how so many people doubted Gainax when they first saw this. This just shows that a good studio always remain a good studio.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 12:46   Link #1058
7Th
Mixtape

From csakuras' Twitter, the trustworthy source of all Gurren-Lagann-(kinda-)related news:

Quote:
Koyama Shigeto-san says we might learn the meaning behind Pansuto's ED in December... :O
:O

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Its sad how so many people doubted Gainax when they first saw this. This just shows that a good studio always remain a good studio.
Tell that to KonoMimi.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 13:06   Link #1059
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Love the Berserk reference at the start of the second episode. Hopefully the series can keep it up and post a stronger second half than the first.
Old 2010-11-13, 13:58   Link #1060
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
Guimauve is French for marshmallow.

Ewwww! Screwing!

One of our condombots is down!

Tags
comedy, gainax, seinen