AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2013-10-31, 09:02   Link #201
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
Spoiler for Haki:
Spoiler for Haki:

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2013-10-31 at 15:39.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 18:15   Link #202
mrShady

Spoiler for Haki:

Last edited by mrShady; 2013-11-13 at 14:59. Reason: Rechecked my facts V2.0
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 19:22   Link #203
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
Spoiler for Haki:
Spoiler for Haki:
Old 2013-11-01, 08:23   Link #204
ri0

I was on vacation the last few days, but it seems BDK continued where I started. I mostly agree with his thinking, so I'm just gonna pick up some of the statements.
On another note: Like mrShady said, there were a couple of OP beginners on the last few pages and I didn't want to ruin their experience, thus the spoiler tags.

Spoiler for Haki stuff:

Last edited by ri0; 2013-11-01 at 09:11.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 21:26   Link #205
manganime132

What's so great about it is that it's a dark story set in a terrible world but it follows these lucky funny people to get away from all that.

If you think about realistically things like what probably really happened to Nami and Robin when they were kids, when you look at the likelihood of pirates besides the Straw Hats making it even into the Grand Line and not dying, how horrible the torture actually is in Impel Down with no one to challenge it, the amount of pirate raids on villages, One Piece has a dark world- it's just that Luffy's so lucky he's not subject to it so much but other non-main characters really are.

Also the fact that they never portray the Marines as the bad guys really makes me like it all the more because it's not giving a "good guy/bad guy" scenario, it's based on the individual and the circumstance.
manganime132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 05:22   Link #206
sasuke2007
Missing-Nin

The world is bigger than the main characters. There are many entities in the world of OP that the crew have to overcome, that we see the accomplishments through the struggles. And for readers, not 100% knowing how the result will turn out as each story plot advances. Because of its all significant, wide ranged cast of characters, plots can build up offscreen, which will shape the future of the story.

Another thing OP did to be great, it introduced the world, and it's power system, very early in the series: Yonkou, Shichibukai, Admirals.

Whereas with something like Naruto, if it had introduced properly all the other villages and how they matched up to the Hidden Leaf, it would have been more interesting. We would have been looking forward to a showdown with Leaf and Lightning ninjas. And another thing Naruto did was make the main characters story based around the more relevant village, compared to one piece, where the most relevant area is the other half of the world, (which also was told to use very early).

Overall, OP gives us something bigger to look forward to. Fairy Tail doesn't, Bleach used to and Naruto sort of still does

It's Showtime
sasuke2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 02:14   Link #207
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

When someone said that Fate/Zero, Code Geass or Shingeki no Kyojin is better than One Piece bugged me.

Each are great its own way but I was thinking what does One Piece have that surpasses them
Well developed characters, unique storyline, everything that One Piece has also contained on those other series

its difficult to write these very complex stories as it involves a lot of thinking and ways of connecting such ideas. Oda , the author of One Piece continues to pull off a series that has garned the world's attentions, fans and critics alike

Art is considered subjective as some dislike it while others may love it

The Complexity of One Piece reminded me of Kamachi, the author of the Index series as both series gives a perspective to the readers the world they live in. Both transcend in darkness and are mysterious one way or another.

I recommend to all kinds of readers one piece., even if you are the kind of person who dwells in horror, gore, bloody-hell stories, I think everyone should appreciate this fascinating and interesting story that I have no doubt one of the best out there
Old 2014-02-16, 03:20   Link #208
Fall_like_abomb

I still feel one piece should improve the relationships between the Straw Hats. The action too..not saying theyre bad, its actually decent, but it could be way more intense and epic..
Fall_like_abomb is offline   Reply With Quote