AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-10-22, 23:35   Link #21
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Wasn't the max life during battle "6"?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 09:08   Link #22
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

It was in the original, or 5. In the PSP version they increased the max life to 8 for small units and 4 or 5 to large units.

So Yggdra Union is getting Resident Evil 4'd... That is, Sony is making the game easier. At least it seems that way.
Old 2007-10-23, 12:08   Link #23
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Or harder. Who knows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
I have my own plan.
1. Find someone with PSP and Yggdra Union PSP.
2. Get baseball bat.
3. Beat person senseless, steal PSP and Yggdra Union.
4. Ditch the baseball bat.
5. ???
6. Profit.
First, you should switch step 1 with step 2. Second, you need step 2bis: Follow that person until no one is around. Last, just hit hard in the head with one hit, and you won't have to worry about step 4 .
What's step 5? Hiding until no one care about your case anymore?
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 14:21   Link #24
krisslanza

Hmmm. Yes, yes that makes my plan much better indeed.
And you know. Step 5 is that... one step that is always blank for those uhm... 'Just in case' moments?

And I doubt harder. I mean, Sony made RE4 EASIER because the GC version was too hard. Considering many thing YU is very hard, it's likely they'll make it easier.
Old 2007-10-23, 17:11   Link #25
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
It was in the original, or 5. In the PSP version they increased the max life to 8 for small units and 4 or 5 to large units.

So Yggdra Union is getting Resident Evil 4'd... That is, Sony is making the game easier. At least it seems that way.
Yeah, I thought something was odd when I saw 8 for small units and 4 for big...

The difficulty could be called the fun part, unless it is your 5th time trying to defeat Gulcasa (who depletes your morale with Genocide) or the Valkyries' Revolution...

Then, of course:

Spoiler for final boss:

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2007-10-23 at 17:32.
Old 2007-10-23, 17:38   Link #26
krisslanza

It gives you more time against skills like Revolution, but it would make Gulcasa's Genocide more manageable in most cases.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-23, 23:28   Link #27
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
The difficulty could be called the fun part, unless it is your 5th time trying to defeat Gulcasa (who depletes your morale with Genocide) or the Valkyries' Revolution...
Ah.....Gulcasa, my first nightmare. I gave up at 4th try to beat him, and went finding walkthrough to see if there is anyway to win against that bastard.
Old 2007-10-23, 23:57   Link #28
krisslanza

He's really tough early on. A lot more manageable in the endgame... But the first like, three times? Murder.

Especially the first. The third is dicey too. But the first one really is the tough one, very hard to beat him.. Since if he Genocides, your doomed.
Old 2007-10-24, 00:33   Link #29
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
He's really tough early on. A lot more manageable in the endgame... But the first like, three times? Murder.

Especially the first. The third is dicey too. But the first one really is the tough one, very hard to beat him.. Since if he Genocides, your doomed.
Milanor with the Dragon Killer card and the axe against dragons is one of my favorite ways to combat Gulcasa and his army.

Of course, you can't get these until later on...

It isn't so hard to defeat Gulcasa if you lose and retry, because retrying weakens the enemy. But it is hard to win on your first try, which is required to get certain items...

The items that require certain REP to get are so frustrating to get.

I've beaten the game three times (to get the three ends and try out both Roswell and Rosary), but stopped playing to go through Luminous Arc. Right now, I'm busy with other stuff and can't get myself to play the game a fourth time...

P.S. Rosary is an interesting character, no? The fact that she likes her hat so much that she won't equip another and the fact she gains morale from those items...

P.S.S When you balance buying manga and games, you never end up satisfied... Fire Emblem- $50... *sob* It's the sequel too... *sigh*

Old 2007-10-24, 09:25   Link #30
krisslanza

Also if you Retry, you cannot get certain items like Excalibur and Southern Cross. Which, in the case of the Cross, is the strongest item for Rosary or Roswell to equip, and Excalibur is pretty awesome (Although it's ability is just 'O Holy' so not so useful).

I only pick Rosary. Because, well, I started a Yggdra x Rosary following. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAH. I kid you not. I did.

PS: Don't forget. She also is the only character in the game to gain Morale from the Ropes, Rusted Chains, etc.
Old 2007-10-24, 17:17   Link #31
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
I only pick Rosary. Because, well, I started a Yggdra x Rosary following. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAH. I kid you not. I did.

PS: Don't forget. She also is the only character in the game to gain Morale from the Ropes, Rusted Chains, etc.
So you've never picked Roswell?

They're both good characters. That's what makes it so hard.

Rosary has (advantage):
fire immunity so good against Gulcasa
Makes me want to use the "Flame" card, getting me grilled griffon.
Can use otherwise useless items (ones found in jail area)
Amusing
The ever so popular Yggdra x Rosary
The main disadvantage is that her flame can't hurt witches, etc. and her stats are focused so some stats are weaker , while others are stronger. (Though food will help)
And her golems... They only move one step per turn, AND their earthquake can be self-destructive to use.

Roswell:
He has his VERY special night teleport
Cool in his own way
His resistance isn't as amazing as Rosary, but his resistance protects against other Necromancers and Assassins (though bow beats staff...) plus his dark attack is excellent against those oh so annoying Valkyries.
Skelotons are very good. Sure they sleep in the day, but their poison breath inflicts poison!
His stats are more balanced.
He can use items like skulls and other evil stuff
Weakness:
Teleport can be hard to use at times
Weak against holy, Valkyrie specialty... (there were a few times where I lost to weaklings when they used Banish...)

It seems there will be new characters. I somewhat hope (because I probably won't be able to get it) that the player can get both Witch and Necromancer.

Wikipedia says there are two new announced characters... But I can't find them on the webpage...
Speaking of webpage, Leon has been updated into the webpage.

Old 2007-10-24, 19:05   Link #32
krisslanza

It looks like there is a new Witch or... Something. May be new character classes though, or be like Pamela and just special versions of normal classes. (Since Pamela's class is 'Mystic witch')

And bwhahahaha. I made Yggdra x Rosary popular.
Old 2007-10-24, 20:24   Link #33
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Isn't there is a certain card that only Roswell can get? I forgot which one....
Old 2007-10-24, 20:32   Link #34
krisslanza

There isn't any card only Roswell can get, normally you would miss out on the Dragon Killer card except you can give Rosary the Warp Shoes and get it still anyway.

But if you pick Roswell, you don't have to worry about stealing from Mizar everytime he appears in order to get the Warp Shoes in time.
Old 2007-10-24, 21:30   Link #35
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
(Since Pamela's class is 'Mystic witch')
For a "Mystic" witch, she sure was weak. Though her conversations with Nietzche were amusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Isn't there is a certain card that only Roswell can get? I forgot which one....
There is a card only he can use, Necro Gate. Otherwise, no matter who you choose, you can get all of the cards. Unless you miss it, like Kiss of Death and Fortune.

Quote:
But if you pick Roswell, you don't have to worry about stealing from Mizar everytime he appears in order to get the Warp Shoes in time.
There is another item besides the card that requires Warp (something like Snipe Glass or something), but the Shoes would be gone by then.

There are sometimes where Mizer's Luck is low enough that you don't have to steal, but simply defeat.

Old 2007-10-24, 22:32   Link #36
krisslanza

Well, she's actually pretty tough... But the first time you fight her (And if you fight her the second time after that, missing Cruz) you can beat her easily during Noon. But if you let her hit MAX... She'll probably whoop you, and her card is REALLY strong.

And of course, if you don't have Rosary, you can't use Doll Craft. Also, Flame can't be used to do Overkill damage (unless you use Durant and equip him with the Stray Dragon, but this is only temp.). You can still inflict Overkill damage using Elena for Darkness.

Snipe Glass yeah, if you have Rosary you can get Dragon Killer or Snipe Glass. I haven't bothered to get the Glass, as getting Dragon Slay bonus seems way too important. And indeed you can beat him up, but it's tricker as he'll "Withdraw" from the field unless you can hit his Morale to 0 in a Union quick enough. So it's easier to simply Steal.
Old 2007-10-25, 00:33   Link #37
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
So it's easier to simply Steal.
That reminds me.

Another very annoying moment in the game:

Charging up Milanor's "Steal" card, your opponent knocks you out of the charge, and you defeat the opponent, killing him and missing the item...

If only Steal charged up like Ace Guard...

Or Etherion from Hector Nessiah. Super charge, Go!

Etherion + Sanctuary = %99 of win (Though it is a waste to use Etherion like that)
High TEC + Sanctuary + Good Luck = Fun!

Old 2007-10-25, 09:18   Link #38
krisslanza

I've done that SO much. I hate it. XD
Darn Flash Breaks smacking me out of being nearly charged... Steal has one of the longest charge times, if not the longest, in the game I believe.

Stealing Etherion is SUCH a pain since you have to either position Milanor JUST right, or have him go 1 on 5 and suffer massive Morale damage from invincible enemies.
Old 2007-10-25, 12:30   Link #39
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Anyone could describe the game system a bit ?
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 13:42   Link #40
krisslanza

It's... Kind of difficult to describe. But I'll give it a shot.

You have your own units, which you pick up to a certain number before the battle (Although certain units will ALWAYS be 'deployed', such as Yggdra and Milanor), during the 'character select' you can 'give' them items to replenish their Morale or Equip them with items to boost their stats until the item 'breaks'.

After choosing the characters, you then pick your Cards. Each Card has a MOV, POW, Ace, and special skill. You only get a certain number of cards depending on the battlefield. If you run out of cards, you automatically lose as you are unable to move anymore and running out of cards signifies that 'You have run out of supplies and are unable to fight'. Now then, the POW of a card determines how much damage you deal to an enemy when you win a Clash, using a card and winning Clashes will make the POW stat rise.

The battling is pretty straight-forward and you can't do a whole lot. Your units will be on side and the enemy on the other. Small units have 6 HP and large units have 3 HP. Obviously the first one to hit 0 loses and the damage dealt depends on a number of factors (Number of surviving units, if the Head is still alive, etc.). Units are removed from the map, they either Withdraw or are Slain (In the case of Yggdra or Milanor, they die and you lose the map), when their Morale hits 0. In battle you have a big bar up top that recharges when you press left on the directional pad, but this causes your units to drop 1 rank in strength (X is the lowest and a star is the best, - is neutral, a triangle is weak, and a O is good). If you press right instead your units will go 'Aggressive' and go UP a rank, this also will cause a unit to deal elemental damage if they do so (i.e. Yggdra deals Holy damage).

Keep in mind, when you go Aggressive ALL your damage is now elemental, and some units are immune to certain types. So, if your using Yggdra you do NOT want to go Aggressive against a Valkyrie unit, as they are immune. Enemy units have a different bar that goes up on it's own, starting out normal, then goes 'Rage' (Where they deal elemental damage), and will hit "MAX". At MAX they can use their card special ability if it's applyable (You can use your cards when your gauge is at 100% and if you can use the ability. Plus the Leader of the Union has to match the Card's Ace)

Like in Fire Emblem there is a weapon triangle. Sword beats Axe, Axe beats Lance, and Lance beats Sword. Then you have Bows which beat Rods but are weak to Swords, Axes, and Lances. Rods bat Swords, Axes, Lances, but are weak to Bows. Also Gulcasa, who is the main enemy really, is the Scythe-type and Scythe is only weak to Rods and Bows I think? Maybe just Rods. It's strong against everything else.
Spoiler:

There isn't a huge cast of characters you can use though... There are, I think, 6 units you will always get and 2 optional ones. You've seen Rosary and Roswell mentioned a bit, you can only get one or the other as you have to kill the other one (they're also the only units you can get of their class).

Did that help? I probably missed something important or confused you... Sorry. ^^;

Tags
psp, sting