AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-12, 17:28   Link #13001
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
It is Birdway. It will always be Birdway
Oh, fuck you.

Anyways Part 8 is out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou Touma
“(…The problem is which set of rules will succeed if science and magic clash. No, technically that isn’t it. If things tilt in either direction, things will no longer be in a situation where both sides can accept the other in the end. If we want to truly resolve this, we need to create a third side that does not belong to the other two.)”

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-08-12, 17:30   Link #13002
S3vEn

space out Hamazura is jokes lol

Spoiler for NT2 Part 8:
Old 2011-08-12, 17:45   Link #13003
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Yup that doesn't even make sense:

Spoiler for Hamazura:
Old 2011-08-12, 17:50   Link #13004
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou
“(…The problem is which set of rules will succeed if science and magic clash. No, technically that isn’t it. If things tilt in either direction, things will no longer be in a situation where both sides can accept the other in the end. If we want to truly resolve this, we need to create a third side that does not belong to the other two.)”
Doesn't an organisation like that already exist

Hmm, I remember now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etzali
The Magic side and the Science side were originally two worlds that could not coexist, but you are building an organization that incorporates both worlds. The ‘Kamijou Faction’ can now almost be called a separate entity. The ‘Organization’ that I belong to is afraid that a new organization like yours will destroy the world’s balance of power.”
Part 8 really was interesting, and the refresher was sorely needed.

Last edited by Ashaman; 2011-08-12 at 18:03.
Old 2011-08-12, 17:53   Link #13005
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3vEn View Post
space out Hamazura is jokes lol

Spoiler for NT2 Part 8:
Nonono- You got it wrong, it's “Then was it, if someone drinks tits, their milk will-…?”

Ahhh Hamazura, will you never cease to amaze me with your stup-.... Way of thinking.

Part 7 was fun Etzali finally started showing symptoms of the Kami-yan diseases, and Xochitl going all tsun-tsun was a delight... I didn't expect Tochtli to have the devil's advocate personality but she definitely played her role remarkably.

Part 8 was a refresher course for everyone not paying attention in the last 23 volumes, Kamachi really breaks out all all of his leet metaphoric skills using reference to everyday life items to make sense of his crazy new world. And most importantly- we get absolute confirmation that Level 0s can't use magic- So I don't want to read anymore of this nonsense about making Saten into a magician >.>
Old 2011-08-12, 17:56   Link #13006
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
So I don't want to read anymore of this nonsense about making Saten into a magician >.>
That would be too mind-blowing for me to handle, and I'm one to be able to handle a lot.
Old 2011-08-12, 18:24   Link #13007
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:

Part 8 was a refresher course for everyone not paying attention in the last 23 volumes, Kamachi really breaks out all all of his leet metaphoric skills using reference to everyday life items to make sense of his crazy new world. And most importantly- we get absolute confirmation that Level 0s can't use magic- So I don't want to read anymore of this nonsense about making Saten into a magician >.>
People were actually saying something as stupid as that?

Anyway, LMAO at Hamazura. Really, why the hell, would he say that, really

You would think having a girlfriend and hanging around the likes of Mugino would have educated him...

Anyway, nice exposition, I'm a freak cause I like it, but this was especially well-done.

Birdway's explanation was very nice, she did better than I thought she would, she explained in a way that's easy for them to understand. I was reading it and imagined if say, Kaori had explained...

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2011-08-12, 18:33   Link #13008
Flere821
Lurker

Part 8 was basically a revision of what's been said in previous volumes, I think about 90% of the infodump have already been said before, even using the same metaphors (eg crude oil).

Still, Shiage annoying Bardway by talking about chest sizes? He deserved that slap

EDIT: Touma talking about making a third side... guess the Aztecs were right in trying to eliminate Touma earlier, this promises to upturn the balance of power when the Kamijou Faction is established. Touma was on the kill list when just Index and Mikoto was on his side, now with Accelerator as well things are definitely going to be messy.
Old 2011-08-12, 18:35   Link #13009
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Well, the other two protagonists can be very serious at times, we needed a man to bring out the laugh.

That's one of the good points Hamazura has.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2011-08-12, 18:40   Link #13010
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

It's a bit mean of Accelerator to say he isn't interested in magic, though. After all, magic is what saved Last Order...

Also, Touma has really matured. He wouldn't have considered something like that even a couple of volumes ago.

Old 2011-08-12, 18:47   Link #13011
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
It's a bit mean of Accelerator to say he isn't interested in magic, though. After all, magic is what saved Last Order...
Meaning if the situation didn't require it, Accelerator wouldn't actively pursuit the knowledge of magic, not even just for fun.

Quote:
Also, Touma has really matured. He wouldn't have considered something like that even a couple of volumes ago.
Doesn't necessary mean he's thinking of creating it himself, he's not the organization type.
Old 2011-08-12, 18:53   Link #13012
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Meaning if the situation didn't require it, Accelerator wouldn't actively pursuit the knowledge of magic, not even just for fun.
I know, but still...

Quote:
Doesn't necessary mean he's thinking of creating it himself, he's not the organization type.
Maybe, but Touma must realize he is the only person that could create such an organization, and the idea was mentioned to him a while back...

Old 2011-08-12, 19:07   Link #13013
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

In part 4 a few lines down this, line seems odd to me is this accel saying it and Hamazura repeating it to no one in particular? :

Spoiler for Teacher:

If so that's.... freakin brilliant, inner feeling leaking out.
Old 2011-08-12, 19:09   Link #13014
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Maybe, but Touma must realize he is the only person that could create such an organization, and the idea was mentioned to him a while back...
He can bring together those people, but doesn't mean he can lead them... The only time he had ever rallied a large group of people was the Daihaisensai and even then it was Fukiyose that led them to victory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
In part 4 a few lines down this, line seems odd to me is this accel saying it and Hamazura repeating it to no one in particular? :

Spoiler for Teacher:

If so that's.... freakin brilliant, inner feeling leaking out.
No it's not, it's only Hamazura saying it.

What Accelerator muttered was the sentence above that, the part you didn't post.
Old 2011-08-12, 19:19   Link #13015
Syed_Seinaru_Migi

LOL Hamazura you awesome......

And Touma gonna make a third party and doesn't belong both side...little remind me of Gundam Seed Destiny.....
Old 2011-08-12, 19:38   Link #13016
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Touma has been owning ever since he came back

Making Accel and Shiage look like Hero-fodder by saving their asses

Making Misaka look like Esper fodder by dodging her lighting

Then making Accel and Shiage look like Harem-Leader fodder by showing off his harem

Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2011-08-12, 20:06   Link #13017
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
She orchestrated a coup, gained control of Curtana Original, and held off both the Knight Leader and frickin' Acqua. If that's a little kid throwing a temper tantrum, I'd hate to see what you consider a serious effort.
Aleister or Angel-class and above pulling shit
Old 2011-08-12, 20:09   Link #13018
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
Touma has been owning ever since he came back

Making Accel and Shiage look like Hero-fodder by saving their asses

Making Misaka look like Esper fodder by dodging her lighting

Then making Accel and Shiage look like Harem-Leader fodder by showing off his harem

And he does so like a boss (?) .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
No it's not, it's only Hamazura saying it.

What Accelerator muttered was the sentence above that, the part you didn't post.
There says "Hamazura opened his mouth to say the same thing", just guess it, who else could have been? Or maybe the translation is flawed and it mean to be Hamazura opened his mouth to repeate the same thing, don't you think?
Old 2011-08-12, 21:06   Link #13019
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
There says "Hamazura opened his mouth to say the same thing", just guess it, who else could have been? Or maybe the translation is flawed and it mean to be Hamazura opened his mouth to repeate the same thing, don't you think?

-------------------------------------------------------------

“还真是辛苦啊……喂,为什么连结标那个家伙也在里面打诨啊?”

虽然已经同暗部组织“GROUP”没有任何关系了,可是一方也没想到会在这儿遇到曾经的同伴。

似乎有些走神般,(虽说知道上条当麻不是单纯的战斗人员,双方能够平和相处这一点还是值得感慨的。)第一位 小声嘀咕着。

“拜他为师吧!”

滨面没想那么多,旁若无人地开口说道。

-------------------------------------------------------------

That last part translates to "Hamazura didn't put much thought into it, and said that to no one in particular."

Nothing about 'repeating same thing', So the question now would be who's right?
Old 2011-08-12, 21:41   Link #13020
Sumeragi
Banned

Withholding judgement until I see the Japanese original.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen