AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-02, 15:54   Link #221
gustyvedova

Quote:
Originally Posted by crafordstinson View Post
Well anyway, my favorite Queen's Blade season is the 6 Queen`s Blade: Utsukushiki Toushi-tachi OVAs. Those were the best out of all the anime seasons. They had the most fanservice/nudity, had some nice character development for characters that didn't get much screen time in the first two seasons, and the ED was so epic. I don't think Rebellion is gonna top that.
I agree with you, the OVAs are my favorite season too. I was hoping for rebellion to keep the same quality but oh... how wrong I was.
gustyvedova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 15:59   Link #222
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustyvedova View Post
I agree with you, the OVAs are my favorite season too. I was hoping for rebellion to keep the same quality but oh... how wrong I was.
Me too, and count me also surprised that they pulled such good storytelling and content in the OVAs. For the visuals, usually OVAs are a step up from TV broadcasts. On the other hand, they built up and expanded on the side characters from the two first TV seasons, so it is logical that they could have worked out more interesting stories than the main one.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 16:01   Link #223
Midonin
Last Engage

The OVAs were expected to be of higher quality because they're OVAs (more production time), but most importantly, they were the result of 24 episodes of previous buildup. They wouldn't have had quite the same impact without the previous two seasons existing first. I believe Rebellion can get itself out of the rut it appears to be in, it just needs to engage in some worldbuilding first.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 16:03   Link #224
J-Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Note that the second season was partly more enjoyable because it had spent its time setting things up in the first season. Same for the OVAs. A lot of stories have a slow build in the first part; this may be where we are now.
I don’t have a problem with slow story build up. I did write a post in this thread saying that QBR will follow the same formula as QB with Annelotte wandering around to find allies to fight alongside her. The problem I have is that there is no sense of urgency with her just wandering around aimlessly. The story so far hasn't mentioned any sort of rebel factions or resistances against the Queen’s rule. Everything just seems so peaceful in QBverse.

Well with that said, hopefully next episode will change that. It appears Mirim is busy doing some cleanup job on a rebel stronghold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix03 View Post
Branwen has so much wasted potential as a character. She could've easily been this story's Alleyene; giving advice and insight for Annelotte. But instead she feels like a tool; being nothing more than a slave (thus satisfying that fetish) with an interesting backstory, a backstory which does nothing for her now. Sure, other characters satisfy a fetish too, but at least they're important to the story; Branwen is just there
That's why I think they should have shown her backstory because I know she is not important to QBR story (not in first season at least, maybe in second season she is) and I know they wouldn't change her character other than being a slave, just like you said to satisfy a fetish.

A short flashback or narration explaining her situation would have been enough, so anyone that didn’t follow QBR closely wouldn’t find it strange why a strong warrior like her is being enslaved by a rotund, knee-high goblin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix03 View Post
If they bring her back, I hope it's a story of her gaining her freedom, getting her dragon and full power back, and joining the rebellion. If not, then I hope she never shows up again.
I don’t think that she will regain her freedom or saving her dragon anytime soon this season, not until maybe near the end of second season. If she didn’t regain her freedom at the end of second season, they could make OVA series just like Queen’s Blade Utsukushiki Toushi-tachi.

I for one would want her to be a part of Witch’s group, which have a higher chance of happening because of Dogura. Besides Witch’s group is quite small (Airi, Merona, Liliana? & Welveria. Not sure about Menace). As for now, I consider her to be neutral.
Old 2012-05-02, 16:58   Link #225
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
The OVAs were expected to be of higher quality because they're OVAs (more production time), but most importantly, they were the result of 24 episodes of previous buildup. They wouldn't have had quite the same impact without the previous two seasons existing first.
The comparison with the OVAs is unfair, I agree. But even when comparing Rebellion to the first few eps of the first TV series, I think it's obvious who's better than who. So far, at least.
Then again, the OVAs have raised the bar, so it's only natural for people to want more of that.
Old 2012-05-03, 00:01   Link #226
Pheonix03

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Xi View Post
A short flashback or narration explaining her situation would have been enough, so anyone that didn’t follow QBR closely wouldn’t find it strange why a strong warrior like her is being enslaved by a rotund, knee-high goblin.
Well, Branwen did seem to give Annelotte some advice and have some honor in the battle, so what the anime showed was a character that was more than just a slave. Still, its annoying how tied to her role Branwen is. No matter what she does within the story, she'll always be a slave to Dogura. I have the same aggravation with Aldra's new design, who has replaced Cattleya as "the wife" character; which is a huge turn-around from her original badass villain self.

Also, I agree that it'd be interesting to have Branwen on the side of the Marshland Witch; the strength of her side seems pretty weak against Annelotte's group.
Pheonix03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 07:08   Link #227
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.4 poor mirim being treated as ymir's crash test dummy for the armor with magical stones.

yea really give get vibrate, holy spank, etc really like i got feeling rescue mirim arc is one of the stories on it.

yea give huit also get to see her "onii-chan" also flashback she has for a a flower to give.

lol at lunaluna trying but oh wrap queen's army & blasted to a tree.

oh indeed a force distubance is here as queen clau show her power on mirim.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 07:11   Link #228
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
It seems you don't like bordeline hentai (but the last show you mentionned is Manyuu Hikenchou, which is right).
Queen's blade is more of a bordeline hentai than Manyuu is, Atleast its manga. The anime blows.

Kinda dissapointing people are complaining that there was no fanservice in that one episode. (Not just here but over in goodanime's comments)
Old 2012-05-03, 10:13   Link #229
Bloodseeker

Episode 5 had plenty of fanservice.

Just no yuri or nudity.

I liked it better from a fanservice perspective than the last episode.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 15:24   Link #230
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Queen's blade is more of a bordeline hentai than Manyuu is, Atleast its manga. The anime blows.

Kinda dissapointing people are complaining that there was no fanservice in that one episode. (Not just here but over in goodanime's comments)
Borderline hentai? Not even close, there is hardly any sexual intercourse even implied, the main differentiating factor from just ecchi. Manga examples are Sekirara Kanojyo and Nightmare Maker, which by definition are not hentai, since despite having panels with coital sex, they are neither graphically depicted nor narrated.
Old 2012-05-03, 19:52   Link #231
Pheonix03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I found the complaints pretty surprising. I didn't think people cared so much about the fanservice aspect of the anime. I mean, sure, it's a big part of the appeal of QB, but there's more here than just fanservice.
Pheonix03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 23:51   Link #232
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Ecchi genre needs ecchi scenes, but seems there is a reason for the non nudity on the episode.

Either way I need to catch up on QBR.

Spoiler for MIRM WTF?!!:
Old 2012-05-04, 00:44   Link #233
sweet_kungfuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Spoiler for MIRM WTF?!!:
where do you read that? do you mind sharing ^^ ?

I can't find any site with QBR translation so far with my google skills T_T
sweet_kungfuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 08:03   Link #234
animeboy12

I found a very small picture of Melona's redesign.

Spoiler for melona's redesign:
animeboy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 10:10   Link #235
Malkuth
Banned

Which reminded me, the pony-tail, made Lion-Queen look decent
Old 2012-05-04, 10:46   Link #236
leecherboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_kungfuman View Post
where do you read that? do you mind sharing ^^ ?

I can't find any site with QBR translation so far with my google skills T_T
Now that the original translator (fiwasaki) is gone, that'd be my site, see my sig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeboy12 View Post
I found a very small picture of Melona's redesign.

Spoiler for melona's redesign:
Yay Melona! I knew she'd get a new one.
That seems to be from Master of QB Excellent 2, a book supposedly just about QB figures, it's kinda cheating that they have new stuff as well...
Nice find, by the way. So, the proper name of "Marshland Witch Welveria" apparently is "Bog Witch Werbellia", man, it is hard to get them right.

Last edited by leecherboy; 2012-05-04 at 11:33.
leecherboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 12:00   Link #237
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

My favorite design in this pic might goes to Welveria, but which seiyuu will voice her ? My vote goes to Yuu Asakawa.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 14:16   Link #238
gustyvedova

Werbellia is just the Romaji form to write it trying to reproduce an english pronuciation. In english it will probably stay as Walveria.
gustyvedova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 16:10   Link #239
jdennis007

The Marshland witch has to be voiced by Yōko Hikasa, just to complete the corruption.
jdennis007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 19:24   Link #240
sweet_kungfuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by leecherboy View Post
Now that the original translator (fiwasaki) is gone, that'd be my site, see my sig.
ooh, thanks a lot! I'll be checking it right away !

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustyvedova View Post
Werbellia is just the Romaji form to write it trying to reproduce an english pronuciation. In english it will probably stay as Walveria.
mmm ... I prefer if we use the official translation o.o
sweet_kungfuman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy