AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-31, 12:11   Link #1981
bishopcruz

Does anyone know what episodes of Macross radio these were? It looks like some of the questions out there have to do with being unable to locate the actual interview.
bishopcruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 13:12   Link #1982
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

From the looks of it, the Ohnogi interviews start with the week just after episode 18 aired. If I remember correctly, the numbering of the radio show segments corresponded with the episode titles while the show was still airing. I used to click the link each week for the picture slideshow that came with it.

The official site seems to be up to 52 radio segments in total now, and given that the series ended around six months (or 24 weeks) ago, the numbering seems to make sense.
Swampstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 21:28   Link #1983
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Macross F Super Galaxy Fanclub site opened!

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 07:36   Link #1984
Kikuchi

Last bluray came out.

Anyone knows what is the "Full Length Edition" of episode 25 ? :x
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 11:48   Link #1985
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikuchi View Post
Last bluray came out.

Anyone knows what is the "Full Length Edition" of episode 25 ? :x
I heard they just extended the scene where Nanase wakes up from the coma a little and instead of playing the credits along with some scene at the end, they played the credits separately to make the episode seem longer. They did change up a couple of things though but nothing major.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 12:26   Link #1986
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Hence, another troll by the masters.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 06:38   Link #1987
Kikuchi

Oh well, I wasn't expecting much :/
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 03:15   Link #1988
AnimeTheme
MJ - Forever King of Pop

I am looking forward to the last volume of BluRay... to complete my Macross F gadget animation LOL

Check out my Windows gadget gallery!

AnimeTheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-09, 11:53   Link #1989
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
I heard they just extended the scene where Nanase wakes up from the coma a little and instead of playing the credits along with some scene at the end, they played the credits separately to make the episode seem longer. They did change up a couple of things though but nothing major.
Frontier fleet getting the heck blown out of it while Alto is knocked out. Planet Eden appeared among those being invaded.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 08:17   Link #1990
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

I translated this interview with Hiroyuki Yoshino over the weekend and posted it on MacrossWorld. It's from the Macross F Official Fan Book, p. 92. It's only the first part of the interview...in the rest he talks about Klan in the movie, and the love triangle nobody noticed (Mishima/Grace/Birla). Anyway, enjoy!

Hiroyuki Yoshino was Frontier's series organizer and its scriptwriter.

- I've heard about it in many places already, but since a lot of people are talking about it, let's start witht the love triangle. The love of Alto, Ranka, and Sheryl...why didn't you conclude it?

Yoshino: Whether or not to conclude it was quite a last-minute decision, actually. Like, looking at the final scene, inside everyone...we never explicitly stated it, but..."which will win, who will stick together?" It shouldn't become that kind of attitude. "It might not have to be like that," was the feeling I got.
Every member of the staff spoke out about it, but for a quiet and unsociable person like Alto to act naturally, he should love the sky more than girls, right? So, you can't force a decision, you have to let the other people choose their own path.
"Won't the fans be angry about it?"
"Yeah. But, well, that's okay. I'm prepared for that."
That was the kind of conversations I had. Afterwards, when everyone had given different feedback, I think Kawamori-san got a little upset. At least, he looked worried about it.
However, when we went to see the Budokan Concert, and saw Sheryl and Ranka sharing the same stage, I said to Kawamori-san, "Not having a conclusion was good, wasn't it?" "Yes, it was. Looking at it now, and looking at the stage, it seems like it would feel kind of strange if we had had one.*" (Laughs)

- But wait. Of course saying that Alto loves the sky is fine up to a point, but in episode 22, he and Sheryl end up staying together all night... Recently, I've been talking with the voice actors, and there's been some talk about that. I heard there was a great uproar that was very funny.

Yoshino: (laughs). Certainly, whatever happened between those two created a lot of anxiety. I won't talk about any of this, it's better to leave it to the imagination...
During the voice recording for the original image and storyboard image (Note: the final animation hadn't yet been completed), we ended up creating a somewhat indecent version for the rough cut with "Oh..." sighs from the voice actors and even from the staff in the booth on this side.
But no. I wonder what what really did happen that night? Only Alto and Sheryl know the truth.

- Won't this "Indecent Cut" be resurrected on the BD and DVD!?

Yoshino: Hmmm, what should we do with it? Rather than look forward to it in the TV version, what about the movie...? We're considering how to get it out there. We could also use it for publicity (laughs).

- And one more thing about this: Alto's strange advance continues. In Episode 23, he says "Ranka is the reason I joined S.M.S." In 24, he says "I'll return to you" to Sheryl... And at the end, it's "Both of you are my wings"!

Yoshino: I think Alto doesn't have much self-awareness. Unreflective and a little obnoxious (laughs). Just speaking personally, in episode 24 when he leaves Sheryl, in that conversation the two of them have before he goes off to battle, I think his real feelings, which he didn't even understand himself, spilled out.
But of course, thank goodness that doesn't settle it! Fans of both girls try to support them, saying things about the ending like "He was heading towards Ranka!" and "No! Sheryl won!" and it's best that people see it however they want to see it. There are as many different endings as there are people who watch the show, and the feeling is that no one is insisting they stay quiet about it.

*Thankfully, Renato (at Macrossworld) finally clarified this. Since the Budokan show happened a week or so after the end of Frontier, it would have felt strange looking at the stage and seeing one girl as a winner and the other as a loser.
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 08:39   Link #1991
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Thank you, Yot-Chan, for taking your time to translate this article. It's a really good read, and I'm sure will answer a lot of people's questions (especially the one regarding Kawamori. )

Now that I managed to stay coherent for ten seconds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
- Won't this "Indecent Cut" be resurrected on the BD and DVD!?

Yoshino: Hmmm, what should we do with it? Rather than look forward to it in the TV version, what about the movie...? We're considering how to get it out there. We could also use it for publicity (laughs).
I...I...

*Cheesie's mind is blown*
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 09:14   Link #1992
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Lol, poor Alto's character has been butchered once again. Thank you very much, Mr Yoshino.

<_< /sarcasm

Next thing we know, something like, "Alto never chose a girl because he's sexually confused. Kthxbai! And marketing."

He's like saying there was no point at all in Alto's decision to stay behind Frontier because he just randomly thought of it and more importantly, never understood why he did so. Psh! Lame, Scriptwriter-san, just lame.

(Thanks, Yot-chan for the trans ^_^)

OTOH:

I say, bring us the schmut!

Last edited by forgottendiary; 2009-05-28 at 09:34.
forgottendiary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 09:43   Link #1993
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
"Certainly, whatever happened between those two created a lot of anxiety. I won't talk about any of this, it's better to leave it to the imagination..."

Alright, this breeds fans, with kinky imagination. Fans, like me. 8D

Thanks for the translation ~
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 09:47   Link #1994
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
"Certainly, whatever happened between those two created a lot of anxiety. I won't talk about any of this, it's better to leave it to the imagination..."

Alright, this breeds fans, with kinky imagination. Fans, like me. 8D

Thanks for the translation ~
And me~ ;DDD
Old 2009-05-28, 09:48   Link #1995
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottendiary View Post
And me~ ;DDD
Well, let us generalize for once. All the AltoxSheryl fans. Haha. It is the ship's fault, that has an air of kink-tease. 8D
Old 2009-05-28, 09:54   Link #1996
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Well, let us generalize for once. All the AltoxSheryl fans. Haha. It is the ship's fault, that has an air of kink-tease. 8D
You mean like this?

Spoiler for NC17:
Old 2009-05-28, 09:57   Link #1997
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottendiary View Post
You mean like this?

Spoiler for NC17:
Her kimono, makes his pants feel tight. Haha. 8D

Oh well, honest, i just hate the un-resolved love triangles {though, i never really saw a triangle but whatever, let us leave that here} but well, we can manage. |D
When is the release date for the movie btw?
Old 2009-05-28, 10:06   Link #1998
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Her kimono, makes his pants feel tight. Haha. 8D

Oh well, honest, i just hate the un-resolved love triangles {though, i never really saw a triangle but whatever, let us leave that here} but well, we can manage. |D
When is the release date for the movie btw?
by a few sizes tight!

no exact date yet though ;_;
Old 2009-05-28, 12:41   Link #1999
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
I translated this interview with Hiroyuki Yoshino over the weekend and posted it on MacrossWorld. It's from the Macross F Official Fan Book, p. 92. It's only the first part of the interview...in the rest he talks about Klan in the movie, and the love triangle nobody noticed (Mishima/Grace/Birla). Anyway, enjoy!

Hiroyuki Yoshino was Frontier's series organizer and its scriptwriter.

Spoiler:
Thanks. Yot-chan lemme ask since there's some talk about this at Macrossworld. Ohnogi was never involved in the later productions wasn't he?We've all been punk'd here haven't we? lmao Come to think of it, Ohnogi was never in the end credits just Yoshino and this article being referenced from the official magazine looks more credible to me than the unsourced mysterious radio show of Bobby and Ohnogi. No offense.

That would be too hilarious if affirmed, all those hype around Ohnogi for nothing. XD I'm sure you do but do you have scans of this same interview. I just don't want to be punk'd twice ya see.
Mei19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 13:03   Link #2000
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

"Unsourced mysterious radio show", eh? I thought the Radio Frontier was quite popular, even after the show ended, but I guess I would be wrong in thinking that way.

About the interview itself: I hope we do get something out of that statement about the "getting it done" part. It's just too funny not to see it, after such a big bait.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, romance