AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-09-20, 21:21   Link #1741
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

A reverse murder mystery dont know why they play the second half like that but Adlet really did go threw a lot of crap

5/10
Old 2015-09-20, 21:39   Link #1742
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

^

Pffffft

About last episode:

Mora: Hey guys

All yuushas: What?

Mora: I think the 7th is really Adlet.

Adlet: Ok, fuck you guys. *takes Fremy and runs away*
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-20, 22:26   Link #1743
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Yeah when people say that the mystery is dragged out as if they're expecting it to be some short one note thing before story turns into a typical fantasy story, then this series is probably either not for you or you're misunderstanding what Rokka is. The mysteries themselves are the plot more or less, they are pretty much used as vehicle to explore the characters, lore, advance the overarching plot and everything else. It will be constant framing device the story works under in how it presents it's narrative to the viewer and they will be coming in different forms.
This!! It was a nice surprise.
I admit i was not expecting this anime to be the mystery type, yet it turned out to be very interesting. The characters and the world where they exist were appealing and explaining their stories through the mistery behind the seventh hero was fun to watch. I liked it!

It also had few but nice action scenes when the heroes fought between them. I was not so impressed when they fought the demons tho... weird animations there. I will definitely watch the second season if we get one!
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-20, 23:22   Link #1744
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
Does the popularity in China matter at all? Isn't unimportant like the popularity over here? BD and DVD sales are the only thing that matters due to how anime is funded in Japan, so any audience that doesn't buy discs doesn't matter.
There are times that oversea stations or channels pays a lot to purchase the rights to broadcast if a series is popular enough.
Occasionally there were cases that an anime was be able to make a profit because of the purchase in oversea despite the low sales in Japan.

Not something that always happens... but I guess it is valid to hope that it may happen?
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-20, 23:45   Link #1745
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
There are times that oversea stations or channels pays a lot to purchase the rights to broadcast if a series is popular enough.
Occasionally there were cases that an anime was be able to make a profit because of the purchase in oversea despite the low sales in Japan.

Not something that always happens... but I guess it is valid to hope that it may happen?
I think AssClass is a good example of the above.
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-21, 03:00   Link #1746
Arya

Ok, managed to finish it. Definitely a good show. Sadly for some reasons I lost interest along the way. If I have to say I felt like there wasn't enough hints to even start speculating about who was the seventh, so I has never been really invested in it, nor tickled to start speculating, because it was more a waiting for a hint that never came than anything else.
So, well, I'm glad it ended. I didn't want to drop it, but didn't feel the curiosity to keep watching it either, if not for the characters.

But yeah, fremy is cute, even if I'm sad Nasche was the seventh. Eh, in retrospect the fact she got shafted in favor of Fremy is the biggest hint about that.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-21, 03:11   Link #1747
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Well something regarding the mystery I wanted to say for a long time (but couldn't since I read it up eventually) is that I totally tried to solve it without involving saints at all (thank you Maura for leading my thinking astray ).
Using a no-saint parole the most likely culprit would have been Hans, through the way I described earlier on.
Involving the saints though well - suddenly everything was possible.

I'll have my fun finding out who the second seventh is through reading. - Although I already have my suspicion after having continued reading the novel.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-21, 07:57   Link #1748
Cicili

Never been a fan of mysteries, I don't need to watch Ranpo Kitan to know that I won't like it. But I think what Rokka did right and depending on who you asked, maybe wrong. Is that it gave the fantasy adventure setting a unique spin in adding in one big mystery in it.

The mix of mystery, not so cool action, weird plot, and fantasy adventure setting somehow worked pretty well for me and I would say I enjoyed it.

Regarding the episode:
Lol Aldet so after that class cliffhanger last week you actually didn't know who the seventh is.
Never liked Goldov, but I still felt bad for him this episode.
Nash being the seventh not much of a surprise.
Rolonia is ugly and needs to be shot because I think we've all had enough of the fake brave thing and everybody just want the numbers to be six again.
Not that many people still cares who the new fake is but I think it's probably going to be a pretty obvious Aldet. Well you know, for DRAMA.
Cicili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-21, 08:54   Link #1749
erdii

I hope they make a second season. Second volume was my favourite one at least we should see some kyoma leader in action. Well I rather like Rolonia and am rather happy to see her. I really pity Goldov but that guy is like a masochist so I don't know what to say to him
Old 2015-09-21, 09:05   Link #1750
Boukenxha

In retrospect, the clues to the identity of the 7th were discreetly leaked over the length of the series to the viewers till it was finally time to bring out the solid evidences. That was good although it was another matter if the viewers were able to actually piece them together. I didn't. I'm partial towards the hidden spares method of revealing the real culprit though, yes I thought it was a little too convenient as well but at a lost of a better idea I'm giving the author the credit for the good job overall delivering us to the answers.

Honestly, Nashetania was never very high on my suspect list. I've been rather resistive to the idea that she is the 7th for some reasons, can say I was also deceived by her. Her actions were always of unclear intentions which were easy to attribute to her mental instability. All the time, my impression of Nashetania is one fragile being that needs to be handled with care but little did I realized that she's already broken inside. Looking back, I also thought breaking the tablet couldn't possibly activate the barrier, it feels wrong when normally you break something, you destroy it... ... good job on the reverse psychology I guess.

As for the introduction of Rolonia, I have a few facepalms for her thanks to that ridiculous design but I was also of pleasantly surprised because I remembered a discussion that took place here. It was something about the possibility of two Braves being fake and someone candidly replied that maybe the real one is late lol. Come to think of it, did that guy already know this will happen?
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-21, 10:11   Link #1751
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Unfortunately, however, even knowing that you were novel readers did colour the way many of us interpreted your posts, rightly or wrongly. Something to think about, perhaps?
Welp, some years back, I might have participated in a 'speculatory' discussion as a source reader. But when I realized this fact, I just lurked most of the time, or do comparisons of shown content at best.

At any rate, while I personally don't think the novel itself is perfect (well nothing is anyway) and some developments do feel a bit 'forced', if you or anyone enjoyed what you've seen so far, you will probably enjoy what would come up later. Definitely more light being shed on certain inexplicable things seen to date. But if some viewers didn't like it and felt tremendoulsy trolled and ass-pulled based on certain perspectives taken, I don't really see a problem with it and I guess it would be quite pointless to convince him or her that things will get 'better'. Just a minor heads up here since I too think the chances of a season 2 is pretty low.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-21, 16:22   Link #1752
Yamada II

So Maura wasn't the seventh. I like how they made her super duper suspicious and then cleared her of all charges and made the bunny princess the fake. She didn't look that smart though. Looks can be deceiving. Her trying to believe in Adlet before in front of Goldov was only an act so that she doesn't look suspicious.

In the end, there really was an eighth Brave in addition to the seventh they already caught, unless that cow girl (lol) is the new seventh and there really wasn't an eighth.

Things ended with the "too be continued but we'll never continue it" ending. I hope they do continue it some time soon. The talking fiend is probably getting more involved in all this business and not just restricted to a mere flashback character.

Overall this was a pretty damn good anime. The mystery was actually a mystery and was engaging till the end. Adlet was a cool guy. The animation did suffer though. Passion showed their dark side at times as things looked really sloppy. Even this last episode had some of their half-assedness in the visual department showing. I really hope this gets a sequel so that they can develop more on the characters who are not Adlet or Flamie.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-22, 05:55   Link #1753
Tenzen12

It was very nice adaptation of great NL, aside of occasional QUALITY visuals were great too. If there is something to complaint about it would be only how anime served Nashe on silver plate as main suspect. It lacked subtlety of Novels ( actually when I read it I suspected her too... on basis of her being very non-suspicious that is).

I personally don't really think mystery are needed to be directed for stupid, it's fine if result is surprising as long as hints are there properly.
Old 2015-09-22, 09:14   Link #1754
com_gwp

Here's hoping for a season 2, because Rokka was a blast this season. By no means was it groundbreaking, but it shows how fun a show can be if it can take a few steps outside its comfort zone.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-22, 10:02   Link #1755
00 raizer

somebody please tell me, why the saint of sun is not counting as one of the saint...more likely,there are 9 heroes at moment...is that mean there are 3 fake heroes???
00 raizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-22, 10:05   Link #1756
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 raizer View Post
somebody please tell me, why the saint of sun is not counting as one of the saint...more likely,there are 9 heroes at moment...is that mean there are 3 fake heroes???
She's a saint, not a brave.

Adlet is a brave, not a saint :P
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-22, 10:09   Link #1757
00 raizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
She's a saint, not a brave.

Adlet is a brave, not a saint :P

okay,now i get it....thanks
00 raizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-22, 18:48   Link #1758
BPD Renegade

The complaints that people have been making about how Rokka (and a lot of anime/manga in general nowadays) was "too slow" remind me of the what's addressed in this talk:

http://www.ted.com/talks/dan_meyer_m...culum_makeover

Same problem, different contexts. ~Heavy sigh.~
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-23, 10:14   Link #1759
Draco Spirit

TBH I like it when a show takes it's time a bit. There was that Lord Marksman and Vanadis a bit back that was way way way too rushed, and I felt I would likely enjoyed it a lot if it actually calmed its pacing down a few notches.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-23, 11:22   Link #1760
watisit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 raizer View Post
Heroes = braves = the one with the flower marks on them selected to fight the demon god. There are supposed to be six of them.

Saints = people (women) blessed by the gods and have supernatural powers.
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy