AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2004-01-28, 17:59   Link #1
EternityAblaze

A player for OGM's that......

I am looking for a player that can play ogm's and also allow you to set the default language it plays and the default subtitle it shows.

Basically, I want to be able to open a .ogm file and it starts in "Japanese" language, and automatically has subtitles set to "English" I currently use Windows Media Player and the necessary codecs to view the ogms, but I think its quite a bother to have to change the audio track and subtitle language every time I switch to another avi. Especially since anime series are usually multiple episodes long.

If you know of a good player that allows me to do this, please post your solution or email me at:

eternityablaze@yahoo.com
Old 2004-01-28, 18:41   Link #2
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Media Player Classic allows you to customize OGM defaults.
Old 2004-01-28, 22:42   Link #3
EternityAblaze

Heh, I must be a n00b, but I don't see where in media player classic I would be able to set those defaults. It has an option that I can switch on/off the subtitles, but I can not select another audio track, namely "Japanese" and furthermore, once I do set the subtitles to "English" or what not, it does not save these settings for when I start Media Player Classic again.

Maybe, like I said earlier, I'm a n00b. Can you tell me what I'm missing? Or basically, explain to me how you are doing it?
Old 2004-01-28, 22:58   Link #4
EternityAblaze

I found a player that does what I want. It's called "Core Media Player" Now I don't have to change the settings everytime I want to watch an ogm! woo

I tried BSplayer, Zoomplayer and Windows Classic Player, all of which either couldn't save my preferences for the next use, or could, I just was too stupid to figure it out!

Rejoice!
Old 2004-02-27, 20:02   Link #5
brood-faun

Explorer crashes playing .OGM files.

I get an explorer when I try to play H2 .ogm files. I have the necessary codecs and it plays fine on bs or vlc player, but the explorer have to crash despite the videoplayers are playing the files.

Does anyone know why this is happening and any possible solution for this? This happens with only .OGM files(btw, the files are 100% complete downloaded. I'm not trying to play partial download files).
Old 2004-02-27, 23:21   Link #6
Real Deadpool

.ogm file?? PLEASE HELP!!!!

what is an ".ogm" file and what is needed to play it, and how long have this type of files been around!?
THX.
Old 2004-02-28, 02:42   Link #7
AmpliFyre
Uhhh??

Send a message via AIM to AmpliFyre
you should read the sticky on Media Config Guide

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=175

ogg has been around for quite a whiles now...
Old 2004-03-07, 02:33   Link #8
Raven_Zero

Send a message via AIM to Raven_Zero Send a message via Yahoo to Raven_Zero
Ogm is a ogg vorbis file it's really just an avi file (most often but you can use any filetype) one or more audio streams and a subtitle file. (i've never seen one with a subtitle file yet they have all been encoded into the avi). And what ogm does is wrap these all into one file for playback. You can select which audio stream you want or turn the subs off. For play back theres a few players that support it i use bsplayer myself. Also core media player supports it. if it starts gaining real support windows media and winamp will start to support it also.
Old 2004-03-07, 18:26   Link #9
Zemeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven_Zero
Ogm is a ogg vorbis file it's really just an avi file (most often but you can use any filetype) one or more audio streams and a subtitle file. (i've never seen one with a subtitle file yet they have all been encoded into the avi). And what ogm does is wrap these all into one file for playback. You can select which audio stream you want or turn the subs off. For play back theres a few players that support it i use bsplayer myself. Also core media player supports it. if it starts gaining real support windows media and winamp will start to support it also.
Just a note you can play ogm files in windows media, and I think later verions of winamp (I'm not sure on winamp as I dislike winamp 3 and 5, and only want my winamp to play audio files). You just need to download/install the oggDS filters (See the media configuration guide at the top of the forum)
Old 2004-03-08, 01:13   Link #10
Raven_Zero

Send a message via AIM to Raven_Zero Send a message via Yahoo to Raven_Zero
Ya i just found that out last night. after i posted here i wnet looking around and found the needed things to play it.
Old 2004-03-08, 12:04   Link #11
brand
Deadly Ninja of Doom!

I installed ffdshow-alpha 20030523, OggDS 0.9.9.5, and CoreVorbis 1.0b6. And now I can watch and hear the files. But I was playing it back in Dvix and it was pretty choppy. Is there a way to fix that? Or should I try playing it in a different video player?
Old 2004-03-08, 13:21   Link #12
Zemeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by brand
I installed ffdshow-alpha 20030523, OggDS 0.9.9.5, and CoreVorbis 1.0b6. And now I can watch and hear the files. But I was playing it back in Dvix and it was pretty choppy. Is there a way to fix that? Or should I try playing it in a different video player?
Try changing the video setting in the divx player. You can do this by right clicking on the screen of the divx player and select preferences, and then on the left hand side slect video. Move the slider bar to the left side and see if the video is still choppy.
The reason you need to do this is that the divx player will use its own built in codec by default (which requires more processing power) rather than ffdshow.
Old 2004-03-08, 13:35   Link #13
brand
Deadly Ninja of Doom!

That helped bit bit the with playback issue, but I'm not getting any subtitles. This is so very confusing .
Old 2004-04-03, 18:08   Link #14
HanBeonDanHanBeon

.OGM problem

Hi. I am currently trying to play a .ogm file with Media Player Classic. IT worked, but it showed no subtitles. Anyone know how i can enable the subtitles? Thanks
Old 2004-04-03, 18:41   Link #15
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Right click->Filters->Direct Show->Show Subtitles
Old 2004-04-03, 20:12   Link #16
HanBeonDanHanBeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDusk
Right click->Filters->Direct Show->Show Subtitles
I dont have that. I have Right Click->Filters->Default Direct Sound Device
Video Renderer
Audio Switcher
Divx Decoder Filter

I dont have direct show. =(
Old 2004-04-04, 00:31   Link #17
ryaneszorro

Quote:
Originally Posted by brood-faun
I get an explorer when I try to play H2 .ogm files. I have the necessary codecs and it plays fine on bs or vlc player, but the explorer have to crash despite the videoplayers are playing the files.

Does anyone know why this is happening and any possible solution for this? This happens with only .OGM files(btw, the files are 100% complete downloaded. I'm not trying to play partial download files).
this happens to me all the time too when playing .ogm and .mvk files. i think it's just one of those things you have to deal with and there's nothing you can do about it at this point in time.
Old 2004-04-04, 07:32   Link #18
Cruzz
Europeon

Go to the Output tab in Media Player Classic Options and switch the rendering mode to either VMR9 (renderless) or VMR7 (renderless). Alternatively, install VSFilter (google for it if you want it).
Old 2004-04-05, 00:49   Link #19
HanBeonDanHanBeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzz
Go to the Output tab in Media Player Classic Options and switch the rendering mode to either VMR9 (renderless) or VMR7 (renderless). Alternatively, install VSFilter (google for it if you want it).
yay it worked!! i love u!!!
Old 2004-04-19, 18:43   Link #20
HanBeonDanHanBeon

.OGM help again plz? lol

Hey, i hope this isnt annoying, but i need help on .ogm again. When ever i try playing this series, it keep causing errors on my windows media player, anyone know how to fix it?? Or is Windows media player aint for .OGM?