AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Pairings, Take 2 (multiple choice allowed)
Lelouch stays single 126 11.22%
Lelouch x C.C. 744 66.25%
Lelouch x Kallen 406 36.15%
Lelouch x Shirley 176 15.67%
Lelouch x Millay 65 5.79%
Suzaku x Kallen 150 13.36%
Suzaku x Nunally 102 9.08%
Suzaku x Shirley 46 4.10%
Lloyd x Millay 63 5.61%
Viletta x Ougi 213 18.97%
Rival x Millay 107 9.53%
Lloyd x Cecile 113 10.06%
Schneizel x Cecile 43 3.83%
Cornelia x Guildford 130 11.58%
Other pairings not listed (give who and reason) 78 6.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-25, 01:26   Link #101
Juvyniled

Those people would rather see a "Suzaku dies a horrible single death" option (That's the rationale of people these days... if you hate someone, they should die ).

Besides, someone already said it, he's not central enough of a figure to have that option considered (even if that is the likeliest outcome).
Old 2007-08-26, 00:54   Link #102
strike_akabane
Itoshiki sensei's student

Drama CD 5 didn't prove or even strengthen Lelouch X Millay to me. Although Millay said Lelouch blushed when he thanked her, it only shows that uh well he's tsundere!

So anyways, Lelouch X Kallen all the way!
I am also a little pessimistic about this pairing like some other ppl here, but let's look on the bright side for now! Still, I have no idea how she will react when she finds out that Lelouch was the one who triggered the Euphemia Killing Spree...
Kallen can't be with anyone besides Lelouch in my mind and Suzaku is NO exception XD! Lelouch is a different story; his harem is breaking down so that's a bad sign lol
I hate to admit it, but the main couple always prevails...just look at blood+, it's a perfect example >_> *was a Saya X Solomon fan*
Old 2007-08-26, 19:05   Link #103
Kantarou
Fly in the Sky

Falling in love with the one you hate. That can happen, but it takes time. :/ Suzaku and Kallen, it could be a possibility, but I don't expect them to be all lovey dovey over each other especially Kallen, it's just not like her. Suzaku surely might not since he lost his dear Euphie. I'm not fond of the coupling if it's just put into the series randomly. They need some development.

Right now, I don't really like any of the couplings except Millay and Rival.
Old 2007-08-26, 23:53   Link #104
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by strike_akabane View Post
I hate to admit it, but the main couple always prevails...just look at blood+, it's a perfect example >_> *was a Saya X Solomon fan*
Off topic, but who was the main couple of Blood+? ^.^ It was Kai and Saya, and I don't think they prevailed lol

Oh, and I love Kallen and Lelouch too. I think the only woman who will look good with Lulu is her or C.C. Forget Milly. She should be with Rival, not Lloyd.
Old 2007-08-27, 00:05   Link #105
strike_akabane
Itoshiki sensei's student

Quote:
Suzaku surely might not since he lost his dear Euphie. I'm not fond of the coupling if it's just put into the series randomly. They need some development.
Let's hope that Suzaku will not pull a Shinn on Kallen. (aka falling for Lunamaria(Kallen) right after Stellar(Euphie) dies :P) That kind of outcome is absurd and would be a repeat of GSD's disastrous main(?) character *gasp*

I mean, how would this happen in the first place?
Suzaku: "Sorry, I was wrong about Britannia. They're like...EVIL! So yeah let me join the Black Knights *o*"
Kallen: "kk sure! Hey wanna go out with me!"
Suzaku: "Yay that's even better!"
Old 2007-08-27, 20:18   Link #106
HunterRequiem
Resident cynic

Send a message via AIM to HunterRequiem
Quote:
Originally Posted by strike_akabane View Post
Let's hope that Suzaku will not pull a Shinn on Kallen. (aka falling for Lunamaria(Kallen) right after Stellar(Euphie) dies :P) That kind of outcome is absurd and would be a repeat of GSD's disastrous main(?) character *gasp*

I mean, how would this happen in the first place?
Suzaku: "Sorry, I was wrong about Britannia. They're like...EVIL! So yeah let me join the Black Knights *o*"
Kallen: "kk sure! Hey wanna go out with me!"
Suzaku: "Yay that's even better!"
the only way I could see KallenxSuzuku going on (which I'd rather not see at all) is if they manage to pull another island episode. Since both Kallen and Suzuku have dual personalities anyways, I can certainly see Sunrise pull this one us. If this did happen, I can only see Karen and Suzuku's school personalities falling in love (or lust)
Old 2007-08-28, 04:33   Link #107
Terra

But with Kallen is just a front she puts up herself. Suzaku forced himself that way so that he could accept what he'd done to his father. There's a big difference as a result. The real Kallen is always in control of the fake. We've seen her drop it by accident a few times and have to cover up. With Suzaku all you got was his forced persona. I just can't see Kallen falling for Suzaku.
Old 2007-08-28, 07:24   Link #108
mangastuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chudley View Post
Nah Suzaku doesnt deserve to hook up with anyone. Last thing i'd want to see is Suzaku x Kallen. Besides i doubt he would get romantically involved with any girl, at least not for a while since Euphemia died not too long ago.
I also do not want to see Suzaku x Kallen. But I disagree with the first sentence. At least Suzaku deserves one girl: Nina. And they have a lot of similarities too (mentally unstable, killing zero/OoBK as goal). Their love can rise as they work with each other pursueing their goal. At the end, they will be romantically blown away by Nina's nuke. HAPPY ENDING
Old 2007-08-28, 11:53   Link #109
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangastuff View Post
I also do not want to see Suzaku x Kallen. But I disagree with the first sentence. At least Suzaku deserves one girl: Nina. And they have a lot of similarities too (mentally unstable, killing zero/OoBK as goal). Their love can rise as they work with each other pursueing their goal. At the end, they will be romantically blown away by Nina's nuke. HAPPY ENDING
*Sporfle* Suzaku x Nina; their love is driven by revenge, racism, and U235.

Actually, seeing how he's saved her life before and how they're both out to avenge Euphie, this wouldn't be a bad pairing at all. I mean, jibes aside, I like it.
Old 2007-08-28, 11:54   Link #110
Kantarou
Fly in the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterRequiem View Post
If this did happen, I can only see Karen and Suzuku's school personalities falling in love (or lust)
I don't see that happening at all. Suzaku did say that Kallen's true personality was more charming, but that was before he went crazy. Kallen should stay single and focus on her skills to defeat Suzaku instead.
Old 2007-08-28, 13:15   Link #111
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantarou View Post
I don't see that happening at all. Suzaku did say that Kallen's true personality was more charming, but that was before he went crazy. Kallen should stay single and focus on her skills to defeat Suzaku instead.
Most of what suzaku said was just a facade to him punching her morales and ideals in the face. I don't think he has much interest in Kallen other than just converting and 'saving' her.
Old 2007-08-28, 23:37   Link #112
HunterRequiem
Resident cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Most of what suzaku said was just a facade to him punching her morales and ideals in the face. I don't think he has much interest in Kallen other than just converting and 'saving' her.
Agreed. In the near future, Suzuku won't be seeing anyone...or at least he shouldn't (I guess rebound is possible, but there's no one who resembles Euphie to rebound to). And I agree, Suzuku is currently a hypocritical idiot who deserves for his future to involve nuclear explosions in his near vicinity. Excluding the miserably written ending scene, I think Kallen is pretty much hooked on Zero.

In addition, I'd like to point out that Kallen's school personality is indeed part of her. It is simply often overridden by her battle instinct. Let's remember that love/lust isn't logical, and love affairs over battle lines has occurred IRL as well as in anime. Though their interests and ideals conflict, Kallen and Suzuku share a lot in common; they're simply on opposite sides.
Old 2007-08-29, 07:41   Link #113
Var
Banned

I personally find the in school interaction between Lelouch and Kallen to be more interesting than the Kallen and Suzaku one. But then I also love seeing Lelouch's troubled reaction when he sees the two together, alone (which could explain his harsh words at the end of 25).

When Lelouch and Kallen try to communicate it is always awkward for both sides. It adds a little humor how much they do to avoid each other and maintain facades that keep them alienated from one another (or should I say Lelouch facade that makes Kallen hate him in school). Then we go to when they put on their masks (oddly their mask leads to their actual persona more or less ) and how close they are or at least how close Kallen is/wants to be to Zero/Lelouch. Fun little twisty thing.
Old 2007-08-29, 08:12   Link #114
m-san
Narcoleptic Insomniac

I'd have to say

1) Lelouch x C.C.
2) Lloyd x Cecile

It'd be interesting to see how Lelouch x C.C. will be further developed and how it will actually end. You remember C.C.'s last words to Mao? "I once loved you..." So we can't really be sure if C.C.'s "love" for Lelouch is real or merely her way of motivating Lelouch in achieving their goals [contract, remember?].

As for Lloyd x Cecile, they're actually quite the pair. Their understanding of each other is what sets them apart from other "pairings".
Old 2007-08-29, 12:14   Link #115
Terra

I feel her love is for real. Lelouch has a knack of saying the right things to her that gets through her defenses. In the beginning she had no feelings and her detachment showed that. But he's got to her whether he meant to or not.
Old 2007-08-29, 20:21   Link #116
HunterRequiem
Resident cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
I personally find the in school interaction between Lelouch and Kallen to be more interesting than the Kallen and Suzaku one. But then I also love seeing Lelouch's troubled reaction when he sees the two together, alone (which could explain his harsh words at the end of 25).

When Lelouch and Kallen try to communicate it is always awkward for both sides. It adds a little humor how much they do to avoid each other and maintain facades that keep them alienated from one another (or should I say Lelouch facade that makes Kallen hate him in school). Then we go to when they put on their masks (oddly their mask leads to their actual persona more or less ) and how close they are or at least how close Kallen is/wants to be to Zero/Lelouch. Fun little twisty thing.
I completely agree with you. It's vastly more interesting.
Old 2007-08-29, 20:23   Link #117
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
I feel her love is for real. Lelouch has a knack of saying the right things to her that gets through her defenses. In the beginning she had no feelings and her detachment showed that. But he's got to her whether he meant to or not.
With out knowing her motives, her being so 'open' to Lelouch could be due to her trust in him and wish to drive him forward to see her wish fulfilled. As it stands now, she could still just be trying to manipulate him.
Old 2007-08-30, 14:01   Link #118
Terra

I see that being the case in the beginning, but now I don't. I really don't see her as being the type to kiss people to manipluate them. If she was, then I'd of expected that kind of thing earlier.
Old 2007-08-30, 14:55   Link #119
HunterRequiem
Resident cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
I see that being the case in the beginning, but now I don't. I really don't see her as being the type to kiss people to manipluate them. If she was, then I'd of expected that kind of thing earlier.
You forget that CC is much, much older then her appearance. She could still be trying to manipulate him. She's probably very experienced at using her femininity to manipulate people.
Old 2007-08-30, 15:45   Link #120
Terra

Manipulating yes, but not with using femininity. I'd expect that kind of thing right from the start, not after so long. Plus she'd know by now how uninterested he is in women so that kind if thing wouldn't really work.

Tags
characters, romance