AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-03, 11:12   Link #121
RPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Mx0 was too good for simple minded people. Watching Touma mades me remember the good past time.
True, I was having such a good time reading the manga to have it end the way it did

Also about Touma's memorries I am reminded of the game Planeescape: Tormant (get it, if you still haven't played it), he got lucky that he is more or less the same kind heated person that he was, as the game shows you he could have ended with a completly different personality.
Old 2009-12-03, 14:37   Link #122
DarknessLord

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPNS View Post
True, I was having such a good time reading the manga to have it end the way it did

Also about Touma's memorries I am reminded of the game Planeescape: Tormant (get it, if you still haven't played it), he got lucky that he is more or less the same kind heated person that he was, as the game shows you he could have ended with a completly different personality.
What can change the nature of a Shonen Protagonist?
Old 2009-12-03, 16:43   Link #123
RPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessLord View Post
What can change the nature of a Shonen Protagonist?
HAREM can change the nature of a Shonen Protagonist
Old 2009-12-07, 05:43   Link #124
walt

have you discuss about Touma's Last Name just my theory
"Kamijō" 上条 or we should write 神 杖 "Kami jō" (God's staff)??
however i'm zero in japanese(((
Old 2009-12-07, 06:58   Link #125
LockeManuel

Already discussed somewhere.

I add another thing, even though i don't know japanese.

Kamijou : 上条
- 上 = above | reading: kami (nanori and kun)
If we use "On" reading -> 上: jou (don't know if On reading can be used with names)
Old 2009-12-17, 03:22   Link #126
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

I think I just found the story of grown-up Kamijo Touma's life. This is the most unfortunate yet interesting life I've ever read about.

http://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments...u_ever/c0hb14y
http://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments...u_ever/c0hb9nl

Warning: Some descriptions are disgusting. The entire thread (the rest of the comments) is seriously depressing and causes personal questions against humanity. If you choose to read outside the specific comments I have linked for you, make sure you're bored and don't mind being emotionally perturbed for the next extended period of time.
Old 2009-12-29, 21:05   Link #127
Miraluka
Banned

I read somewhere that the Imagine Breaker is at Defcon 3. Is Touma's power that dangerous??
Old 2009-12-30, 01:04   Link #128
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:

I read somewhere that the Imagine Breaker is at Defcon 3. Is Touma's power that dangerous??
...come again?
Old 2009-12-30, 14:47   Link #129
tsunade666

What's a Defcon 3?

His abilities will be dangerous if he started thinking about the existence of a thing is just a mere illusion. It will turn everything to space dust.
Old 2009-12-30, 18:12   Link #130
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
What's a Defcon 3?

His abilities will be dangerous if he started thinking about the existence of a thing is just a mere illusion. It will turn everything to space dust.
Here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DEFCON
Quote:
DEFCON 3

This refers to an increase to force readiness above normal. Radio call signs used by American forces change to currently classified codes.
Old 2009-12-31, 00:38   Link #131
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Right, but we don't know where you read this from and what context it makes. Who in the Toaru world thinks Touma is so dangerous he warrants an adjustment of the American military to... the not-actually-very-urgent status that it goes on occasionally?
Old 2009-12-31, 01:04   Link #132
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

It just hit me: Considering how many girls are in his 'Harem", and the fact that he doesn't quite get it...

What if his memory wasn't the ONLY thing lost to Touma when that feather hit him? What if...

...what if he's now, effectively, a eunuch?
Old 2009-12-31, 04:14   Link #133
tsunade666

that's what I think too because before his memory lost he show interest on index but after the memory lost their are no reaction or what so ever. He just treat her as a friend and even index said she love touma when touma is playing prank on her that he said that he can't remember anything which is true but when touma notice that the girl is sad or crying he just blurted out that its a joke even if its the truth that he doesn't have any memory anymore.

How did touma and defcon related?
Old 2009-12-31, 06:15   Link #134
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post

...what if he's now, effectively, a eunuch?
Well, he's still attracted to girls, if that's what you're worried
Old 2009-12-31, 12:47   Link #135
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Right, but we don't know where you read this from and what context it makes. Who in the Toaru world thinks Touma is so dangerous he warrants an adjustment of the American military to... the not-actually-very-urgent status that it goes on occasionally?
Aleister Crowly in the vol.15.
Old 2009-12-31, 14:28   Link #136
tsunade666

what's in vol 15? I can't still understand what's happening........ defcon? touma? I think the one crowley wants dead is hamatzahura and not touma.
Old 2009-12-31, 19:25   Link #137
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I at the prospect of one magician being able to activate the world's greatest military machine.
Old 2009-12-31, 21:30   Link #138
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Wait... What? I'm utterly confused at all this as well. Touma is one of Aleister's greatest asserts, he might even be his ace in the hole, I for one cannot think of a reason for him to do that. Also, nobody else would take Touma seriously, being a level 0 (officially) and all... That is one of the advantage of using him.

Perhaps there have been some mistranslation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I at the prospect of one magician being able to activate the world's greatest military machine.
Think about it, you've got to have friends in some very high places to come up with an idea like Academy city. Besides, I don't think most people know about him being a Magician.

And assuming most of Europe is magic centric (England, Italy, Russia, maybe France), if Academy City has any allies, America would be a great place to start.
Old 2010-01-01, 01:36   Link #139
tsunade666

But America has their own magicians their. Given that America did have high tech civilization and not much into occult and religious stuff then that one has a high chance.

btw how did Aleister ended up being a chairman of the city that develops the esper. I know he wants to destroy the magic side but what's the deal with it? why does he wants it destroy?

I'm getting confused with the book of law too. He sacrificed his family to summon his guardian angel that turn up to be his mentor on the field of magic. Then he come up with being the chairman and wants to destroy the magic side...... what gives?

And touma is Aleister's favorite pawn if you ask me. He knows Touma will always jump into trouble to help someone that makes him the best pawn.
Old 2010-01-01, 01:42   Link #140
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well, he's still attracted to girls, if that's what you're worried
- It's not the attraction to cute girls I'm thinking of. It's something a little bit lower than his belt...

Remember him complaining, at the end of the Sisters arc, that he had his hand on Misaka-Imouto's chest and can't feel anything.

Ah well. It was an idea.
Closed Thread