AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-15, 06:17   Link #681
whitecloud

while i like part 2 and 3 the most, stone ocean is kinda good...and the villain have the same feeling like that of dio..while part 4 and 5 dont have that kinda feeling...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 07:24   Link #682
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

What a great 24 minute of entertainment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
while i like part 2 and 3 the most, stone ocean is kinda good...and the villain have the same feeling like that of dio..while part 4 and 5 dont have that kinda feeling...
I love Pucci, but no love for Kira? he's a great antagonist as well, Proto Kotomine Kirei. Infact I like both more than Dio.
Old 2012-12-15, 07:45   Link #683
ookamigirl

Joseph vs Straits!
Seems like Joseph learned something from Jojo's mistakes.
It's not gonna be easy using ripples on Straits.
Luckily he's combining it with modern technology.
Not that it did him much good.
Straits practically killed himself.
The Pillar man, Speedwagon being alive and the germans with evil plan.
Things are getting very interesting.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 07:46   Link #684
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Most of my favorite JoJo villain moments have been those from Kira. From the reveal about the hand of her girlfriend, "By the way, I touched that doorknob" to Bites the Dust.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 09:05   Link #685
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
I'm still trying to figure out
Spoiler for part5:

I love David/Sugita's Joseph, anyway. He's just as crazy and badass as I had imagined it would be once animated
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 10:46   Link #686
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The animation was a bit better than usual this week. There were so many great moments in this episode:the grenades, "we run away!", the glass trick... and I never get tired of Joseph predicting the lines of his opponent. It makes it seem like he is always in complete control of the situation.

This episode proved that despite his rough behavior, Joseph has a heart of gold like his grandfather. No way he'd ever let an innocent lady get slaughtered.
Old 2012-12-15, 12:09   Link #687
Blaat

Imperial measurements how quaint.

Anyway solid episode, shame Speedwagon being alive was spoiled in the thread so it didn't come as a surprise to me. As for the opening, visually impressive but in terms of music it's okayish. I'm sure I'll get used to it but the first opening was perfect in every way hard to outdo it.
Old 2012-12-15, 12:51   Link #688
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
I'm still trying to figure out
Spoiler for part5:
Spoiler:

Quote:
I love David/Sugita's Joseph, anyway. He's just as crazy and badass as I had imagined it would be once animated
In my opinion, only Akira Kamiya, famous as Ryo Saeba from City Hunter, would have been as fitting as Joseph.
Old 2012-12-15, 13:38   Link #689
whitecloud

Oh yeah...I'm wondering if jotaro ever fought the pillar man...will he win? There is one out there remember? Flying...he doesn't have ripple... Beside Joseph is dead so there is no one left to tought him about ripple... To even the odds since that remaining guy is such a monster, adding the rest of jojo family?
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 15:20   Link #690
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Joseph is so awesome, from the grenades to the glass. Liked he told Smokey to book it. Yes Speedwagon lives, too bad it led Stroheim to finding the pillar man.
Old 2012-12-15, 16:46   Link #691
Battler-kun

Part 2 is my favorite.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 20:23   Link #692
HandofFate

Jojo episode 11 was so good.
So much Joseph Joestar awesomeness.

Whenever he predicts the opponents next line, its like The Rock saying one of his catchphrases.

The female reporter girl was hilarious. Its been a long while since I read the manga, so alot of it I forgot.

After she was saved, I was laughing at how she started yelling at Joseph.
Old 2012-12-15, 21:00   Link #693
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
So much for Straits being the big bad.

The new JoJo is awesome. Joseph might try to deny being a Knight In Shining Armor but he's still a Joestar, and Jonathon's influence runs deep.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-15, 21:56   Link #694
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Now that is a fight that was really funny
Old 2012-12-15, 22:06   Link #695
HandofFate

Can someone clarify on Straits' motivation? It was kind of confusing near the end.

So Straits and Speedwagon find the tomb and Straits takes the opportunity to get the vampire powers. But then he notices the statue sucking in the blood like a demon and becomes terrified?

So he then goes to NY challenge Joseph. To test if he's worthy enough or something. Was he testing him to see if he would be able to rise up and take down that demon in the statue or did he really want to get true power for himself, and just played it off near the end to have an honorable death?
Old 2012-12-15, 22:47   Link #696
potchip

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Can someone clarify on Straits' motivation? It was kind of confusing near the end.

So Straits and Speedwagon find the tomb and Straits takes the opportunity to get the vampire powers. But then he notices the statue sucking in the blood like a demon and becomes terrified?

So he then goes to NY challenge Joseph. To test if he's worthy enough or something. Was he testing him to see if he would be able to rise up and take down that demon in the statue or did he really want to get true power for himself, and just played it off near the end to have an honorable death?
No, all Straits was after was to return to his youth, and he has fallen for that desire. He wants to get rid of JoJo and his relatives because he knows these people are the only ones that knew of the existence of vampires and how to potentially kill him (remember, the first thing he did was killing all his disciples when becoming a vampire, thus erasing the hamon threat).

He's not as ambitious as Dio who wants to become the ruler of the world - he just wants to become immortal. He might have underestimated JoJo's preparedness when confronting JoJo and having seen Jonathan's growth and that being the undoing of Dio, unwilling to allow JoJo to prepare further (if he choose to retreat for now rather than pursue after being weakened) And after being defeated by JoJo, he's content to die as he fulfilled his wish already. Straits is obviously not as tenacious as Dio whose ambition and single-mindedness allowed him grasps onto his immortality like no other vampires.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 00:23   Link #697
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
...and Jonathon's influence runs deep.
Along with star shaped birthmark
Old 2012-12-16, 01:44   Link #698
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
Along with star shaped birthmark
Except
Spoiler:
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 01:59   Link #699
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

New opening is awesome. Very stylish.

I love Joesph's character. Sugita's performance adds a lot to the role.
Old 2012-12-16, 02:50   Link #700
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
New opening is awesome. Very stylish.
It's apparently so FABULOUS that Masami Obari have praised the art guy behind the OP.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fabulous