AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-09-11, 10:36   Link #1721
tsunade666

Isn't Hyouka the science version of Index. Hyouka knows any AIM based ability/being in the city.
Old 2013-09-11, 11:09   Link #1722
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
I just need to confirm something. What are the chances Accelerator is the science side version of Index?
Pretty high. The only difference is Index isn't able to use her power as long as the control exists... oh wait, that would be like Accelerator's choker, well, they're differente because Index doesn't holds the control, thats it. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Index is going to be used the same way AC is going to use Accelerator to reach level 6.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 13:58   Link #1723
desrtsku
Nympholept

Hmm, the restriction things are also pretty good points, thanks.
Old 2013-09-22, 09:42   Link #1724
demino_hellsin
That one guy

combat adaptation

An ability in the same vein as precognition. Due to extensive battles, the body has retained muscle memory data and subconsciously strives to maximize ts efficiency in outut or reception. This may result in use of moves from actual martial arts without the user's own knowledge.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 11:00   Link #1725
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Accelerator really isn't a Science side Index. Rather, he is a SYSTEM candidate like Index is a Majin candidate. If we take to heart what hints Kamachi dropped, SYSTEM will probably turn out to be the esper version of Majin. Both need to attain a body beyond humanity, both touch the territory of God, and both have the power to reshape and distort the world.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 15:55   Link #1726
Miraluka
Banned

And Index's restraining device was called 'collar' and Accelerator has a choker .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 11:41   Link #1727
demino_hellsin
That one guy

renaming combat adaptation to battle instinct

What level should an ability be if its function is to change oxidation state/ionize particles? In theory, the idea is to cause corrosion under any circumstance by forcefully changing the subatomic configuration and making each atom tear away from each other of their own volition. A much more specific version of electric espers. Tentatively named Corrosion Charge.
Old 2013-09-27, 08:59   Link #1728
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Alright guys, I have a question regarding Aiwass. If any of you have a clue, it'd be appreciated.

If I'm getting this right, Aleister brought IB into AC and that gave birth to Hyouka. Hyouka is a personification of the Imaginary Number District, which is a realm created by all the AIM fields of every esper in AC. By inputting Hyouka with certain information via Last Order, those AIM Fields can bring Aiwass into the world from whatever extra-dimensional realm he exists in. Last Order acts as a core for whatever angel she summons up, hence why she gets sick.

Now, this is where I'm lost. What made Aiwass appear in Volume 19? Did it just decide to do so by itself? I haven't found an answer yet in the text. Wiki seems also clueless. Anybody has a clue?

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2013-09-27, 16:18   Link #1729
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Alright guys, I have a question regarding Aiwass. If any of you have a clue, it'd be appreciated.

If I'm getting this right, Aleister brought IB into AC and that gave birth to Hyouka. Hyouka is a personification of the Imaginary Number District, which is a realm created by all the AIM fields of every esper in AC. By inputting Hyouka with certain information via Last Order, those AIM Fields can bring Aiwass into the world from whatever extra-dimensional realm he exists in. Last Order acts as a core for whatever angel she summons up, hence why she gets sick.

Now, this is where I'm lost. What made Aiwass appear in Volume 19? Did it just decide to do so by itself? I haven't found an answer yet in the text. Wiki seems also clueless. Anybody has a clue?

Quote:
“I wanted you to meet me, so I appeared. Are you dissatisfied?
he seems to be interested in accelerator. How did he appear and why i don't know.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 16:29   Link #1730
Ilidsor
Angelerator

I'm guessing that Index didn't completely erase the virus when she used her magic, she just fixed the symptoms. Or maybe the "make the AIM field harm magicians" virus was different from the "make Aiwass appear virus". After all Aliester didn't get those guys to reinsert the formula when Accelerator was unconscious, and I don't see why he wouldn't have if it was erased.

As for why he showed up in that particular moment, I'm guessing as long as that "path" to existence is open he can take it any time he wants.

Of course these are all just guesses... we don't really know much about Aiwass after all.
Old 2013-09-27, 16:44   Link #1731
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
I'm guessing that Index didn't completely erase the virus when she used her magic, she just fixed the symptoms. Or maybe the "make the AIM field harm magicians" virus was different from the "make Aiwass appear virus". After all Aliester didn't get those guys to reinsert the formula when Accelerator was unconscious, and I don't see why he wouldn't have if it was erased.

As for why he showed up in that particular moment, I'm guessing as long as that "path" to existence is open he can take it any time he wants.

Of course these are all just guesses... we don't really know much about Aiwass after all.
It's pretty funny that this series is so long and that there are still so many important things we don't know yet
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 12:58   Link #1732
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Breimoon pretty much nail it on the head.

Aleister plans to use Fuze=Kazakiri to materialized Aiwass by force, doesn't mean that Aiwass can't materialize itself.

Because the important thing is that there is still the AIM field that surrounds the entire city.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 14:20   Link #1733
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Basically, this is what happened.

When Accelerator cured what was in Last Order's head completely with the song+lambskin, Aiwass faded away as it couldn't surface by itself anymore. So apparently the virus Kihara injected into her had parameters that allowed for Aiwass to surface. So Aiwass used that to manifest itself in Volume 19 until it was cleaned from the angel core (LO).

Old 2013-09-30, 20:41   Link #1734
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Anyone remember this fake character sheet on the Number 6 Level 5's Tvtropes Page?:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ability
TheAssimilator
BodyHorror: Can fully take over people via infecting them with his own cells.
FromASingleCell
TheVirus: His powers is Cellular Control, and is capable of not only shapeshifting but also completely take over someone like a virus by merely infecting them with his cells.
Man that would be cool.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 17:19   Link #1735
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Is it possible espers can use magic but just not the current system of magic?
Old 2013-10-05, 10:15   Link #1736
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

would be it good that the 6th level 5 can do magic powers and despite getting damaged possessed hyperhealing abilities
Old 2013-10-08, 05:21   Link #1737
Inept Forum User

Just wondering, has the possibility of a use-by-proxy system been discussed at all?

(e.g. User A uses one type of power, User B uses a different type of power, User B is in a form where they (or it, depending on the circumstances) are equipped to User A, when User A wants something done with the other type of power they send out instructions, User B picks up the instructions and uses their power accordingly)

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2013-10-08 at 14:51.
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 07:17   Link #1738
BossKagaxx
Shrouded in mystery...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
would be it good that the 6th level 5 can do magic powers and despite getting damaged possessed hyperhealing abilities
Whatever ability the Number 6 has, I bet he just uses it for evading the authorities and doing perverted things.
BossKagaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 11:38   Link #1739
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
Shouldn't Kakine be able to do magic since his body is made of dark matter and he can regenerate easily.
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 12:28   Link #1740
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Shouldn't Kakine be able to do magic since his body is made of dark matter and he can regenerate easily.
I think it would depend on two things: Is he impervious to pain, with which he would br able to focus on the task of performing magic

Is the damage purely physical? Is there no side-effect on a metaphysical level for an esper that uses magic?
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hard science