AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-08-05, 02:14   Link #101
thermopyle

So Naruto now has more insane powers? If Naruto actually wants to be a badass like his dad, I wonder if he'll finally stop being such a naive kid and actually face up that his can-do attitude doesn't solve every- nevermind. Naruto, right.
thermopyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 02:14   Link #102
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
I'd rather think it's more like a pseudo-Byakugan.
Good point. I had completely forgotten about the Byakugan (it's surprisingly easy to forget about the eyes...).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 02:15   Link #103
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
1) We never saw anything that looked like a flash. We only saw two panels with no action in-between them.
When Minato used it we also didn't see any flash, like in Kakashi gaiden. One moment he was standing in one place the next he was in another. Two panels, well that just confirms what I am saying (he was in one place than next panel he was in another).

Quote:
2) In any story that has teleportation, you never once end a teleport by breaking what you encounter on the other side. Specifically, you either demolecularize what you come in contact with (effectively completely destroying (not simply breaking) the area around you), or, more likely, your body's atoms get recombined inside the object you've teleported into.
He stomped his foot after he teleported (he had the time to hit Kisame and after that stuck his foot).

Quote:
And finally, 3) Naruto has no Hiraishin seals, and even if he did he has placed no seals, and finally, even if he could place them, he placed none on Kisame or around Kisame. So, Hiraishin is completely ruled out...unless you are trying to describe some heretofore unknown version of Hiraishin, in which case you are still wrong because the image shown is clearly an image of an object with great momentum colliding with another object...

Naruto probably doesn't need any seals (he was never shown using them). He can feel other peoples chakra and know even there emotions/intention. He can probably teleport while sensing such things (simiral to what Madara is doing, all he needs is to feel your's chakra and he can find you anywhere (like he did with Sasuke to stop him from atacking Konoha)). It's just not perfected enough to use it like Minato did. Thats why he probably couldn't do this back than he needed great amount of chakra to be able to transport without any seals (Madara has great amount of chakra to). But now with his new form he can do it easy, all he needs is more practise with it.
Old 2010-08-05, 02:22   Link #104
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Chances are Sasuke/Madara will just rip the Kyuubi out regardless and he will have to use Sage mode, then die. Madara already knows everything from the tablet, so RS seal isn't going to do much. Not really much he can do to stop Madara from sucking him in either. Speed =/= Teleporting.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 03:05   Link #105
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
When Minato used it we also didn't see any flash, like in Kakashi gaiden. One moment he was standing in one place the next he was in another. Two panels, well that just confirms what I am saying (he was in one place than next panel he was in another).
When Minato did it in the manga he blinked out of existence with a noticeable effect. This is different, and Kisame explicitly notes it's a matter of speed.

Quote:
He stomped his foot after he teleported (he had the time to hit Kisame and after that stuck his foot).
Then why didn't he just break the freaking wall? By your logic, Naruto must have ungodly strength, so why is the piddly little wall stopping him?

Quote:
Naruto probably doesn't need any seals (he was never shown using them). He can feel other peoples chakra and know even there emotions/intention. He can probably teleport while sensing such things (simiral to what Madara is doing, all he needs is to feel your's chakra and he can find you anywhere (like he did with Sasuke to stop him from atacking Konoha)). It's just not perfected enough to use it like Minato did. Thats why he probably couldn't do this back than he needed great amount of chakra to be able to transport without any seals (Madara has great amount of chakra to). But now with his new form he can do it easy, all he needs is more practise with it.
If Naruto really had that much of a broken teleportation power, don't you think Kishi would have called attention to it? He didn't teleport, period, and certainly not in as broken as manner as you're trying to imply. It was super-fast movement. That's why Kisame says speed, that's why his foot got stuck, that's where all the momentum comes from. Get it?
Old 2010-08-05, 03:19   Link #106
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I seriously loled at this chapter. Especially when Guy confused Kisame for his inner self. XD
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 03:43   Link #107
madv2c
Deafmute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I seriously loled at this chapter. Especially when Guy confused Kisame for his inner self. XD
Eh, some things are better animated.
madv2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 04:09   Link #108
Gin
*Artist

Well, at least Bleach isn't the only manga to have a silly costume change power up. Kind of felt sorry for Kisame whilst reading this chapter. Hopefully kishi will wrap up this fight fast after the break so we can back to part of the story that actually interests me. (The Uchihas)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Only redeeming part of the chapter imo.

@whoever neg rep'd me
I think you meant to use 'then', not 'than'.

Last edited by Gin; 2010-08-05 at 05:51.
Gin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 04:43   Link #109
evilryu
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
If Naruto really had that much of a broken teleportation power, don't you think Kishi would have called attention to it? He didn't teleport, period, and certainly not in as broken as manner as you're trying to imply. It was super-fast movement. That's why Kisame says speed, that's why his foot got stuck, that's where all the momentum comes from. Get it?
Except Bee states "Teleport technique and a right hand smash, but all I saw... was a yellow flash!"

Followed by Yamato saying "He's not quite at the Fourth's level yet!"

All the above statements is indicative that it was a space-time technique. Called attention to it? Naruto is literally on fire at the moment, in some kind of six-path mode. I think Kishi has most definitely called attention to the fact Naruto is capable of doing outrageous things at the moment.

Get it?
evilryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 05:27   Link #110
Phoenix321

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilryu View Post
Except Bee states "Teleport technique and a right hand smash, but all I saw... was a yellow flash!"

All the above statements is indicative that it was a space-time technique. Called attention to it? Naruto is literally on fire at the moment, in some kind of six-path mode. I think Kishi has most definitely called attention to the fact Naruto is capable of doing outrageous things at the moment.

Get it?
I am sorry man, but you're wrong. If you've paid attention to what James and others are saying you'll notice that it was JUST INTENSE SPEED.
Why it is not the thunder-god technique(And I am just repeating what other people have said :P):

1- Where/when did he place the seals on Kisame, or anywhere around Kisame for that matter.

2-Teleportation doesn't create damage, as said it just carries the momentum of the user.

3- The reference to the Fourth, is like others have said:
He was extremely fast even without Harishin. Proof to this, is when Madara throws baby Naruto and the fourth appears on the wall. His leg isn't stuck on the wall, that's why we have the whole "He's not quite at the Fourth's level yet!"
We even have Madara going right after the save:" You live up to your Yellow-flash Moniker" Only AFTER THEN he uses the The Technique to save Naruto from the paper bombs.

4- Even Kisame goes:"Such Incredible Speed!"
Phoenix321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 05:36   Link #111
John D.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Celebi View Post
I'm not reading the translation.

So no, if the translation says it was Shunshin, the translation is not wrong.

瞬身の術 == shunshin no jutsu.
Shunshin no Jutsu (Body Flicker) is translated as Teleportation Jutsu sometimes, evidently they did it this chapter (hence the confusion).
However, Shunshin is only incredible fast movement that make it appear as if the ninja teleported (i.e. Sasuke's first appearance in Part II).

Quote:

Get it?
Minato was reknowned for his speed even outside Hiraishin, so why would it be so strange for Yamato to compare Naruto's display of speed to the Yondaime? C compared Raikage in his Raiton armor to Yondaime as well, and he didn't use any space/time jutsu.
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 05:53   Link #112
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by John D. View Post
Minato was reknowned for his speed even outside Hiraishin, so why would it be so strange for Yamato to compare Naruto's display of speed to the Yondaime? C compared Raikage in his Raiton armor to Yondaime as well, and he didn't use any space/time jutsu.
When we think about it. Just do it for a moment....

Spoiler for done?:

So... in other words... it IS strange for him to compare them. How would you remember a certain speed from 15-16 years ago anyway ..
Old 2010-08-05, 06:16   Link #113
John D.

Though it is unlikely that Yamato (and C) has first hand knowledge as to just how fast Minato really is, Minato was widely recognized for his fast movement (as seen when C compares Raiton powered Raikage to him). It isn't strange for someone who just saw an incredible feat of speed to compare the person who performed it to someone who (presumably) is the most acknowledged speedster.

^It's no coincidence either that Naruto moments after he resolved to become more badass than his father is compared to said father (and is found lacking, which suggest that in Kishimoto's mind, Naruto still has to surpass Yondaime (and the other Hokages))...

Last edited by John D.; 2010-08-05 at 06:32.
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 06:20   Link #114
Apollian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
PLEASE tell me you're not talking about Jiraiya's "that jutsu" from right after the timeskip.

either way I still don't think its Jiraiya's "that jutsu" we've been waiting years for.
to think were still waiting to find out what THAT JUTSU is, and what Itachi
gave to Naruto when he put a Crow in his mouth....Naruto might well have
God like powers now, but more is to come.
I bet in Rikudou-Kybuui Sennin mode Naruto is able to control his
Fuuton" Rasen Shuriken and control its path in flight, like Krillin did in DragonBall Z.
which means if it misses like it did in the Pain fight, Naruto can just call it
back and re-direct it.
Apollian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 06:41   Link #115
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

The most blatantly obvious problem with Naruto using hiraishin right now is: "Where the f*ck would he have learnt it?*

No one taught it to him and Naruto is too stupid to figure it out for himself.

We already saw Naruto use speed like this when he went to go fight pain, he used shunshin to rasengan the robot pain. Just because Naruto was compared to Yondaime doesn't mean he is using Hiraishin, the fact that Killer Bee could even see Naruto proves that it isn't hiraishin which is disappearing and reappearing.

Now can we discuss something else?

Madara still has the rin'negan right, now that Naruto has this rikkodou cloak I won't be surprised if he gets the rin'negan next or Sasuke gets a new power up that evolves his sharingan to the level of the rikkodou's son therefore the whole thing about the two sons fighting each other will be even more true.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 07:26   Link #116
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

hm...maybe Gai is going to get a crack at Kisame for real this time, though if he manages to win, it'll be kinda hollow since Naruto appeared to deal a pretty big blow to Kisame in one hit.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 07:54   Link #117
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Man, Gai always has the most funny instances.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 08:02   Link #118
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

I wonder.... the chakra which is floating at Naruto's own place. Is that going to decrease the more he's using it? Or will it replenish? In other words... would it have a limit and will not replenish?

Naruto looks rather weird though... with his seal on his body and everything... i thought that form was just on the inside.
Old 2010-08-05, 08:40   Link #119
tkdtiger

Is Gai going to fight Kisame? If so I wonder if Naruto will save him or even if Gai is going to open all the gates...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 08:48   Link #120
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

There's gotta be some sort of limit. Kyuubi/Sage mode is just way too powerful an ability to use without restraint. I mean, this chapter pretty much demonstrates once Naruto gets the hang of his new form he'll be god-like.

Which means we can only imagine how powerful Sasuke has gotten with EMS.

Naruto will probably get to cut his teeth against some of those Edo Tensei summons Kabuto cooked up. I imagine he could handle Sasori, Deidara and Kakuzu individually with relative ease now. It'd be great to see them fight in tandem against powered up Naruto.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion