AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-08-04, 16:32   Link #5041
Ynot

Allright Can't wait to get my grubby little hands on ch78. Glad to see you're done with "the literal embodiment of hell on Earth" Kefit, if it stands in the way of Needless translations it can't be anything but evil.
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 14:18   Link #5042
Kefit

Alright guys, here's ch78:

http://pyupyu.wordpress.com/2010/08/...s-78-released/

Someone finally makes the logical connection between Saten and all his bandages. Shota Blade has far too much common sense.
Kefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 14:20   Link #5043
Avvesione

Yay! Thanks for the release! Glad to have you guys back in business.

Hope things are going well for you Kefit.

Edit: Pretty interesting chapter. Lots of new information.

Last edited by Avvesione; 2010-08-05 at 14:30.
Avvesione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 14:42   Link #5044
Homura7

WHAT THE...!?

Spoiler for spoiler:

And this is pretty much confirmation we'll never see how the past played actually.

It's good to have you back, Kefit ,
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 16:26   Link #5045
Avvesione

Spoiler:
Old 2010-08-06, 06:53   Link #5046
Ynot

It's getting harder and harder to believe shounen blade and seinen blade are really the same person.

Spoiler for needless:
Old 2010-08-06, 08:58   Link #5047
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Spoiler for spoilerish:

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 19:24   Link #5048
Ynot

Spoiler for needless:
Old 2010-08-09, 14:06   Link #5049
Sekirei07

Remember what Saten said: Blade is filling in the gaps of his forgotten memories with similar stuff to make up for the missing pieces.

At this time in Blade's life, Eve was put into a condition where he had to get Doppelganger. Although the original cause was not Overlord. The fact remains that Blade still had to do it. Overlord is just filling in the role needed for the story
Old 2010-08-09, 14:11   Link #5050
Avvesione

^
That's a pretty clear way of saying what's going on. So now we need to know what group of people were there in place of Overlord that was harassing Blade and Eve at this time period. Also would help to know when Blade interacted with Overlord between this time period and the present. Has anyone seen any clues to where Blade and Overlord may have originally met?

Having Overlord from a different time period than this also helps explain why Mengroze looks the same in this memory and in Cruz's memory. I'm looking forward to what new clues we can draw from the next chapter.
Old 2010-08-09, 15:19   Link #5051
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
^
That's a pretty clear way of saying what's going on. So now we need to know what group of people were there in place of Overlord that was harassing Blade and Eve at this time period. Also would help to know when Blade interacted with Overlord between this time period and the present. Has anyone seen any clues to where Blade and Overlord may have originally met?
If Saten stated it's a faction of just a few years ago, then it had to be when Blade was working along Seto or prior to that.

Either way, we won't see how the past developed actually, unless Imai releases a new volume Zero.

Hell, who knows, maybe they won't need the Eir System in the end, because the fact Mengroze and the Overlord guild weren't there means Eve gained the Doppelganger through a whole different way.

Maybe the key lies in the fragment 2.22 of the Genesis Saten said: The rib.

I mean, he said it was a hint, and we already know from wich part of her body Eve began melting until only her brains were left intact.

Last edited by Homura7; 2010-08-09 at 15:33.
Old 2010-08-09, 15:41   Link #5052
Ynot

I'm still hoping for a surprise appearance from Gido in the real world with reliable info on Blade's and Eve's past. But I figure that won't happen anytime soon.
Old 2010-08-09, 17:26   Link #5053
Avvesione

^
Yeah, Gido is the only reliable source since Blade cannot remember these memories and Eve was, well... dead. But Gido has kept some secrets from his friends like not telling anyone about the byakugou on his forehead and such.

I'm beginning to wonder why this arc is called Eve Story when it seems to focus on pretty much everyone but Eve. I thought this arc would be able her gaining Doppelganger and solving the mystery of why she's melting but with these distorted memories, Overlord, Stigmata, Kafka, etc. it just seems like we won't get to find out what happened to Eve or what's currently happening with Eve.
Old 2010-08-09, 17:48   Link #5054
Homura7

^All the arcs are focused mainly on one single plotpoint, and with each arc, Cruz develops another stage about his growth too, and this current arc won't be exception.
Old 2010-08-09, 18:55   Link #5055
Avvesione

^
Yeah, this arc's central point is on the fragment Doppelganger. If you go back to the first chapter of this arc, 74, it's focused on Eve melting and Blade not being able to memorize the fragment. Since then we've seen a whole lot about Blade and Eve's past (although it has been altered) and haven't really answered the question on why Eve's melting (again) or why Blade can't learn Doppelganger. Another main point that hasn't been addressed is how to exit the memory (I bet Saten knows how to but is waiting until he gets what he came to see). It just seems like this arc isn't focusing on Doppelganger as much as it is the other things going on. I know these things will be answered eventually but with each new chapter, something new comes up and we begin to forget about Eve melting in the real world.

Anyway, I'm pretty interested in Mengroze now. Seems he's met Gido, Blade and Cruz all at different times and could be a member of Stigmata. I wonder where he is in the present world, if he's with Overlord or not. Maybe finding him would also help in finding Gido.
Old 2010-08-10, 14:59   Link #5056
Homura7

I'm interested on everything, not just the central point and whatever Cruz will gain from all this.

Imai not only is developing this current arc, but he also is setting up characters and developments for future arcs. Yes, I bet you this won't be the last time we're going to see the Overlord guild and the surroundings.

The most interesting part is how will they achieve their purpose and save Eve before it's too late. Not Overlod, nor Mengroze were in the past actually, wich gives many possibilities and another whole different way to transfer Eve the Doppelganger. Remember the hint Saten gave: Genesis 2:22.
Old 2010-08-10, 16:49   Link #5057
Ca12nag3

Send a message via MSN to Ca12nag3
Its not a hint its a metafor, technicaly its impossible to create a woman from a mans rib :P. What it basicaly means is Blade will sacrifice something of himself to recreate/repair Eve.
Ca12nag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 21:18   Link #5058
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca12nag3 View Post
Its not a hint its a metafor, technicaly its impossible to create a woman from a mans rib :P. What it basicaly means is Blade will sacrifice something of himself to recreate/repair Eve.
ACTUALLY... from a man's rib, you can take the DNA and just double the X chromosome to create a woman (abeit some defects depending on the genes one the chromosome). But that's not what's important.

---

What I'm not thrilled with is that there have been a lot of things left open ended in the series thus far. When was the last time we saw anything with Arclight? Remember how he has a similar body problem to Eve due to Doppelganger? What about the Needless Hunt that Ishiyama had Arclight do for him? What about Riru? And the two data chips on the Resistance (maybe Mengroze has it)? There's just been so many questions that seem to have been forgotten and I have a feeling that there'll be some stuff from this arc that will be unanswered for quite some time as well.
Old 2010-08-11, 07:45   Link #5059
Ca12nag3

Send a message via MSN to Ca12nag3
Well your question about Arclight is kinda solved isnt it? Or at least it will be. the commity or 666 are looking into the Eve situation. The are actualy Simeon. They are interested in knowing how Eve was healed the first time. Possibly to use that cure on Arclight or to make sure a future Adam doesnt have this weakness.
Ca12nag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 09:19   Link #5060
Ynot

Or just to make sure any new Eve's they create won't melt. We haven't seen any Adam clones affected by this whole melting thing have we? Are you sure they want to know how Eve was healed the first time? I was thinking how/when she got to have doppelganger was what they were interested in.

@Avessione I'm sure all these loose ends will be tied up, but yeah it will take time. One month releases are excruciating when you are eager to find out what'll happen.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen