AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-07-21, 23:40   Link #21
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

How about a thread for LN users to whi-er, discuss the differences between the novel and the anime episodes?
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 00:50   Link #22
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
How about a thread for LN users to whi-er, discuss the differences between the novel and the anime episodes?
So you are asking for a episode by episode comparison to the novel as these episodes air? Yeah, sure.. why not. Anything to cut down on the amount of spoiler from those anime-only discussion threads.... Give me a sec.

Thread created.

Last edited by monir; 2012-07-22 at 01:29.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 09:36   Link #23
styr

Can we get a thread for "What If" situations? Example being: In the First Day side story, what would have happened if
Spoiler for First Day spoilers:

Obviously such a thread would contain massive spoilers, but currently there isn't any thread for these kinds of ideas to go under without being buried quickly and I think they would at least provide some interesting topics for discussion. Can't hurt to ask, right?
styr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 14:23   Link #24
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by styr View Post
Can we get a thread for "What If" situations? Example being: In the First Day side story, what would have happened if
Spoiler for First Day spoilers:

Obviously such a thread would contain massive spoilers, but currently there isn't any thread for these kinds of ideas to go under without being buried quickly and I think they would at least provide some interesting topics for discussion. Can't hurt to ask, right?
I'm not quite sure how such a thread would be structured, but if you could provide a more detailed OP I'll probably start the thread post haste (since the anime has only just started, I would tend to think the thread should be an LN exclusive).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 14:45   Link #25
styr

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I'm not quite sure how such a thread would be structured, but if you could provide a more detailed OP I'll probably start the thread post haste (since the anime has only just started, I would tend to think the thread should be an LN exclusive).
You're right, without clear structure there would likely be tons of questions asked but the answers would be all over the place and it would be a mess.

One option would be to create one 'What If' thread (with only one question/topic presented at the beginning) at a time that has a 4-x? day duration and everyone could vote on/suggest the next 'What If' topic? After the duration has ended it should be locked so a new discussion could take place... or possibly not, but it would definitely clutter the front page if multiple open threads existed and I don't think the mods would want that either. However, the locked thread would still exist for others to read but would also mean nobody can partake in an old topic. This is just one possible solution... but I'll see what I can think of. Either way, I don't think one giant thread would be organized at all which is why I presented the idea above, since it would at least keep the thread topic hopefully concise as possible without too much clutter.

Although the "What If?" I presented was certainly LN-only, certain topics could be asked to both anime/LN crowds, such as "What if Klein had taken up Kirito's offer to pair up and had left his friends behind?" Stuff like that should be acceptable to both crowds, but LN-only topics would inevitably appear I think. With strict usage of spoiler tags (warning about LN spoilers for instance) talking about both anime/LN details might be possible in a single thread, idk.

I'll mull it over a bit before I ask anything more. Thanks, james0246, for the response.

Last edited by styr; 2012-07-29 at 15:02.
styr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 11:45   Link #26
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by styr View Post
I'll mull it over a bit before I ask anything more. Thanks, james0246, for the response.
When you're done mulling it over, just PM me the OP or simply post the OP here and I'll start the thread (in your name). Have fun .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 12:56   Link #27
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

How about a thread on the Speculation of the Real Life side of SAO?

The thread could speculate on what the government is doing to free the players (getting really tire of someone asking this question every ep), legal ramification of PK in SAO and after effects (physical and mental) of being in the game for a long time on the players.
Old 2012-08-07, 13:04   Link #28
Utsuro no Hako

I'd like to see a thread on the technical and scientific plausibility of SAO. The thread could be a place where people have endless arguments discussions about whether NervGear could function as described in the series and whether the government would be able to rescue people from the game.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 19:49   Link #29
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
How about a thread on the Speculation of the Real Life side of SAO?

The thread could speculate on what the government is doing to free the players (getting really tire of someone asking this question every ep), legal ramification of PK in SAO and after effects (physical and mental) of being in the game for a long time on the players.
If we created such a thread, I suppose that it makes sense only for anime-only viewers, since one presumes that novel readers already know (whatever there is to know) about the truth. And given that's the case, novel readers should be expressly forbidden for saying anything that could reveal any novel information in that thread. Does this make sense given your concept?

Edit: After reading the latest Episode 5 discussion, I think I can see the balancing act that could be pulled here. I think I can come up with the thread concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
I'd like to see a thread on the technical and scientific plausibility of SAO. The thread could be a place where people have endless arguments discussions about whether NervGear could function as described in the series and whether the government would be able to rescue people from the game.
The problem with this request (as I was recently reminded) is that there's a huge disparity of information between the novel readers and the anime-only viewers, so it's nearly impossible for the discussion to occur on "equal ground". People who have only watched the anime will have certain questions and want to entertain certain theories or conversations based on what the anime says, but many of those points will probably be addressed later in the story. That being said, unlike the above request, I think there will also be some unanswered question and room for speculation even among the novel readers. So the only solution I can think of to this request would be to create two threads, one for anime-only viewers, and another for novel readers (and enforce very strict lines between the two). Does this make sense given your concept?
Old 2012-08-07, 19:53   Link #30
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
If we created such a thread, I suppose that it makes sense only for anime-only viewers, since one presumes that novel readers already know (whatever there is to know) about the truth. And given that's the case, novel readers should be expressly forbidden for saying anything that could reveal any novel information in that thread. Does this make sense given your concept?
Spoiler for with small guidance from the novels:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-08-07 at 19:55. Reason: added spoiler tags... just to be safe
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 20:47   Link #31
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Okay, I created the three threads now. Hopefully they will be sufficiently clear and help redirect some of the tangents from the anime episode threads.
Old 2012-08-11, 09:09   Link #32
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Episode 6 thread?
Old 2012-08-31, 03:39   Link #33
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Uhmm... do have a SOA Game Thread? To be specific its PSP game... got the links Here
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 04:01   Link #34
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Uhmm... do have a SOA Game Thread? To be specific its PSP game... got the links Here
There already is such a thread here. It just got pushed back to the second page because there wasn't news in a while.
Old 2012-08-31, 04:17   Link #35
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
There already is such a thread here. It just got pushed back to the second page because there wasn't news in a while.
OK!!! Thanks!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 07:24   Link #36
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Should there be a Sword Art Online - "Real-World" and Legal Implications thread for LN readers?
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 07:38   Link #37
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Should there be a Sword Art Online - "Real-World" and Legal Implications thread for LN readers?
Well, if it's discussing facts from the novels, then it could just happen in one of the existing light novel threads. If it's speculation that doesn't content from the novels anyway, then I don't know if it needs a separate thread.

I guess I'd need to get a better understanding of why it's needed.
Old 2012-08-31, 07:43   Link #38
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Well, if it's discussing facts from the novels, then it could just happen in one of the existing light novel threads. If it's speculation that doesn't content from the novels anyway, then I don't know if it needs a separate thread.

I guess I'd need to get a better understanding of why it's needed.
Let's see... (trying not to spoil any LN stuff)
Spoiler for Just in case:
Old 2012-09-05, 04:33   Link #39
EnOfEridu
a.k.a Enki

Maybe it will be a very conflictive thread, but what about a specific thread about Kayaba motivations/reasons/intentions for making the game (it has been adressed in several places, going waaaaaay off topic.)

The only problem i see is that people get so heated that the thread would go nowhere. But it would be fun, i think.
EnOfEridu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 04:36   Link #40
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

The solution is simple: create a Kayaba character thread.

[mod edit: spoiler removed; the point is understood]

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-05 at 08:05.