AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass Episode 8.5 Rating
Perfect 10 6 15.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 7.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 17.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 27.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 17.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 5.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 10.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-12-02, 08:41   Link #21
metamorphic
ことわり
*Fansubber

The recap was truly fantastic. I really loved it. It was beautifully paced, and really was a very nice sight to watch, every single moment of it was extraordinarily exciting! Lelouch's narrations were excellent, and there were also some quite very interesting and beautiful musical pieces throughout its length, and it really fitted the overall pacing superbly, for example, during Lancelot's introduction in the Shinjuku battle (the musical theme in it was superb). This is such a superb and wonderful series, and I truly love it!

Can't wait for the next episode, especially, since a very good amount of development appears to be presented, and I daresay, I'd probably agree with Renegade's hopes!
metamorphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-02, 09:34   Link #22
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria View Post
Can't wait for the next episode, especially, since a very good amount of development appears to be presented, and I daresay, I'd probably agree with Renegade's hopes!
On that topic I changed my mind after seeing the next episode preview...
Spoiler for episode 9:
Old 2006-12-02, 09:40   Link #23
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Spoiler for episode 9:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-02, 10:12   Link #24
metamorphic
ことわり
*Fansubber

Spoiler:
metamorphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 05:25   Link #25
JediNight
キズランダム

I guess if 8.5 is aside from the normal 26 episodes, that I can forgive them the review episode so early. Who knows -- maybe ratings were lower than expected, so they slapped this together last-minute to try to catch people up and boost ratings?

Otherwise having a review episode this early is rather stupid. There are some somewhat complex things going on, but they drag the events out so much that you don't really have that much trouble following it.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 08:23   Link #26
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
the recap was quite splendid imo!
its fills in some gaps in lulu's train of thoughts and the ep itself didnt feel like a failure or anything so im impressed

i even laughed as some point recaped such as suzaku's chuck norris round house kick on lulu and the "all hail britannia!" speech

next ep seems to show a lot of kallen's past...goodie ^_^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 08:46   Link #27
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

It was well done for a recap but I still don't understand why they did it.
Old 2006-12-03, 09:31   Link #28
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae View Post
It was well done for a recap but I still don't understand why they did it.
Because they wanted to?

Understand it this way, there's a lot of information from the first 08 episodes that you'll need to take it to understand future episodes. I recently rewatched the episodes released before the recap aired, and i understood a lot more about the show, meaning behind the main story at hand. I believe thats what the recap is trying to do - and it did a wonderful job.
Old 2006-12-03, 10:07   Link #29
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
On that topic I changed my mind after seeing the next episode preview...
Spoiler for episode 9:
Spoiler for ep 9:
Overall the recap was a good refresher and re-establishes Lelouch's motives and plans and the ultimate goal of luring out the Emperor from his ivory tower.

I'm still not sure what is the significance of C.C's absence from the scene with young Lelouch and Suzaku just before the invasion. A secret message? A warning not to take everything at face value perhaps?
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 10:35   Link #30
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
I'm still not sure what is the significance of C.C's absence from the scene with young Lelouch and Suzaku just before the invasion. A secret message? A warning not to take everything at face value perhaps?
well if the narration was done by lulu then dont you think that he would have known if he has seen C.C before? the fact that he hasnt met her at that time yet means that he wont include it in his flashback scene...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 11:06   Link #31
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
well if the narration was done by lulu then dont you think that he would have known if he has seen C.C before? the fact that he hasnt met her at that time yet means that he wont include it in his flashback scene...
But why erase her from the scene at all? Lelouch didn't mention her, so if she was there we'd assume he never saw her at the time. Same effect without raising suspicions. It seems like a deliberate omission.

Perhaps C.C was never there in the first place. Looking back I find the sunflower yukata C.C wears in the original scene a bit suspicious, it looks like mnemonic camouflage.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 11:57   Link #32
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
Perhaps C.C was never there in the first place. Looking back I find the sunflower yukata C.C wears in the original scene a bit suspicious, it looks like mnemonic camouflage.
Lelouch & C.C.'s meeting in episode 01 leads me to believe that she has some type of past with him.. maybe its not linked to that flashback, but there's something there. It would make sense with what she said at the time.
Old 2006-12-03, 15:04   Link #33
StanAce
Opinionated Fool

Why does GG Fansubs name Nanaly as Nunnally

Edit: Nm, this is what it says on their page...
"Also, we’re using official Animage December spellings, which includes Nunnally… ugh."
StanAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 19:45   Link #34
myopius

Ahh... recap was definitely okay. Lelouch's past was slightly unclear to me until this episode; specifically, I wasn't sure exactly how he came to Japan. (For those who don't plan to see this episode--they were sent their as "hostage--to be used as diplomatic tools" relating to the conflict over sakuradite, to the house of the Prime Minister, where Lulu made his first actual friend (Suzaku). So then at some point, perhaps when they developed Knightmare Frames, I suppose the Empire decided that diplomacy was no longer necessary.

The way they explained everything kind of jumbled around, and didn't clarify his odd relationship with Kallen or introduce all the characters or clearly introduce the ones they did introduce, makes me think it's not quite the best episode to show someone who's never seen the series before, but it's cool. I definitely enjoyed that there was some new material.
Old 2006-12-04, 00:56   Link #35
DrewGSR

Meh, i know its wishful think but i wanna see Suzaku die sometimes during the series haha.
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-04, 02:45   Link #36
division
x/0

I didn't mind the recap. Bit sad that we'll have to wait an extra week for new stuff, but the Bleach omake eps and spontaneous week offs they had in production seems to have made me a little callous to the issue.

A few things also caught my eye which I've missed when just rewatching the episodes normally. Specifically that Suzaku uses the same spin-kick in the Lancelot (ep2) when he attacked Lelouch as he did when he faced down Lelouch on the rebel truck (ep1)-- I wonder if that's military training, or something from his background.

Also when Lelouch was granted the Geass before, there's a new translation from the original one in the GG ep 1 sub turning the statement of the man at the end into a question "The Union of Ragnarok, has the legend started again?" Originally I had assumed that person was just some figment of the pact like the fields of women with the marked foreheads, but now I realize that was the emperor and it puts more weight on the possibility that he does have some mystical ...something... and the comment from the previous ep about having spoken with Clovis has more believability to it as well.

And excuse me if I'm slow and these points have been brought up in ep 1-slash-2 discussion
division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-04, 21:40   Link #37
EragonJeriel
heh

The part where the construction worker dressed up as zero... and the ending where he orders us to suscribe lol. Pretty good episode
I find it weird that he says he wants to destroy the WORLD (near the end)

Last edited by EragonJeriel; 2006-12-04 at 22:05.
EragonJeriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-04, 22:36   Link #38
ordnance11

Did anyone note the looks on Cornelia and Yuffie at the end? Very glum. I think Cornelia just realized she just lost the PR war to Lulu. When a symbol shows up and proclaims that he's morally superior to the Britannian butchers and the Japanese terrorists, it's a tough act to follow. Yuffie is glum because she is well aware that Britannia's doctrine of "might makes right" is not sustainable in the long run and her nascent plan to make Britannian rule more palatable to the 11s just went out the window.

I suspect Cornelia is next on the chopping block. Be intersting to see how fast she goes.
ordnance11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-04, 22:43   Link #39
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordnance11 View Post
I suspect Cornelia is next on the chopping block. Be intersting to see how fast she goes.
I'm not just saying this because i don't want her to go, but if this show is going to be 26 episodes, then they'll keep her in for a while. I say this because she has information Lelouch is looking for, so they'll plan to drag that out for sometime. This really does depend on when Schneizel shall make his entrance into the show, we've only seen him once~
Old 2006-12-05, 01:03   Link #40
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
This really does depend on when Schneizel shall make his entrance into the show, we've only seen him once~
Well, Schneizel IS featured in the OP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Schneizel001.jpg) so you draw a certain conclusion from that...
I don't expect him to appear THIS early, though. I see him more like one of the last obstacles between Lelouch and his victory. Perhaps as a penultimate boss before the Emperor himself.