Old 2009-03-31, 17:18   Link #201
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
What series does the pic come from?
http://eggy.kefi.org/2008-2009/scraps/538eng2.jpg

Was made by this guy: http://e1n.deviantart.com/gallery/ from Deviantart, some people on Arlong Park worked together to make this. Sure looks nice for a fake eh?

xD
Old 2009-03-31, 18:38   Link #202
marvelB

Heh, I was pretty sure that we'd get an April Fool's spoiler. However, I was still nearly fooled by THIS:

Spoiler:

^That's supposed to be Akainu. However, it turns out that it's a fake picture that appeared a year ago. Too bad, because that design for him actually looks pretty awesome.....

And even if the spoiler was a fake, I still wouldn't put it past Oda to give us Girly Luffy for realz.
Old 2009-03-31, 18:43   Link #203
Blackbeard D. Kuma

@marvelB - There is no way I would fall for that spoiler picture of Akainu you posted. Akainu looks absolutely nothing like that. His face structure is completely different. But nonetheless, I do like that design as well. Gotta love the goofy characters.
Old 2009-03-31, 19:14   Link #204
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
@marvelB - There is no way I would fall for that spoiler picture of Akainu you posted. Akainu looks absolutely nothing like that. His face structure is completely different. But nonetheless, I do like that design as well. Gotta love the goofy characters.
yea from what was shown back at Ohara of Akainu, wouldn't think anyone could be fooled that that was an older Akainu

I think that design has a little too much in common with Kizaru, I'm hoping all the admirals have a very different overall look.
Old 2009-03-31, 19:36   Link #205
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post

Like I said, I was nearly fooled, mainly because of the name in the intro box. I know that younger Akainu's face (at least what's shown of it) looked different in Ohara, but I kinda figure that since both Aokiji and Kizaru's designs are modeled after real-life Japanese actors, Oda would follow suit with the Red Dog, as well. So even if his final design is different from that fake, it might not be that far off the mark, either......
Old 2009-03-31, 19:42   Link #206
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Like I said, I was nearly fooled, mainly because of the name in the intro box. I know that younger Akainu's face (at least what's shown of it) looked different in Ohara, but I kinda figure that since both Aokiji and Kizaru's designs are modeled after real-life Japanese actors, Oda would follow suit with the Red Dog, as well. So even if his final design is different from that fake, it might not be that far off the mark, either......
All I said was that I wouldn't fall for that pic you posted. If you interpreted that statement to mean that you fell for it, that was not my intention. I know you didn't fall for it. I just gave my reasoning as to why I felt that couldn't be Akainu.

Akainu's design will most likely be modeled after a Japanese actor, just for the sake of following that trend with the admirals so far. Since Aokiji pretty much looks exactly like he did 20 years ago during the Ohara incident, Akainu will probably look very similar to how he looked back then as well. If that's the case (which it most likely is), then yeah, that design is far off no matter how you look at it. There are no similarities whatsoever. I already have seen two Japanese actors that people feel are very good candidates to have Akainu based off of, and they look nothing like the design in that spoiler picture.

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2009-03-31 at 19:57.
Old 2009-03-31, 19:56   Link #207
james0246

^Arguably, Since Aokiji's fruit is Ice, maybe his age, or at least physical shape, was also frozen .
Old 2009-03-31, 20:01   Link #208
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Arguably, Since Aokiji's fruit is Ice, maybe his age, or at least physical shape, was also frozen .
I know you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. That could be a possibility though, if Oda did think about it that deeply. Even so, a person's facial structure wouldn't change that drastically over the course of 20 years. The person will look almost the same for the most part.
Old 2009-03-31, 21:50   Link #209
Rainbowman

With a lot of things going on for April Fool's week, we may have to postpone any info about chapter 538 until all the pranksters are done for this year- specifically April 5th. Having to deal with pranksters on April 1st would be enough to make your eyes spin out of control.
Old 2009-03-31, 22:25   Link #210
Wargumm1i
Hentai

April fools day..................................... I dont really like this day because as you can see, i was hoping for Luffy too transform into a girl

April fools day is a day that always leaves me disappointed in the end.
Old 2009-03-31, 22:25   Link #211
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I'm hoping Akainu is still in his cap wearing, hoodie donning ways

be kinda cool that way I think, would certainly be something different for one of the top dogs of the marines.
Old 2009-03-31, 22:39   Link #212
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I'm hoping Akainu is still in his cap wearing, hoodie donning ways

be kinda cool that way I think, would certainly be something different for one of the top dogs of the marines.

I'd guess that he'd drop the hoodie, but keep the cap. We still gotta see his whole face, after all....

And speaking of cap-wearing marines, the fake spoiler mentioned a VA coming for Ace, which turned out to be Doberman (the accompanying pics were just spliced from Enies Lobby, unsurprisingly). I hope that ol' scarface returns for real though, and soon.... he's my favorite of the BC marines, design-wise. My man Onigumo needs to make a comeback, too. Hopefully, we'll see him dealing out some harsh, unrelenting justice on some sucka pirates in the upcoming war....
Old 2009-04-01, 00:03   Link #213
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
LOL YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS~~

Now let's hope and pray that Luffy STAYS sick for two days and we go to other characters.
Old 2009-04-01, 04:36   Link #214
kari-no-sugata

Well, there's some new "confirmed" spoilers out - 8 pages worth. Rather hard to fake that many pages, I'd have thought... I'll wait until the 538 thread is created before commenting further.