AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-17, 19:20   Link #1
Tiberium Wolf

Zippy Ziggy

Taken from http://www.onemanga.com
Quote:
Summary

Reputation is everything in a world of icons and popularity contests. So why not score some points here and there by being the nice guy? This is the way Shinghi Ghang legitimizes the fake personality he has everyone believing. Armed with his above average looks and a (completely false) angel-like personality, he has every girl in school head over heals, and all the guys looking to him for guidance. With the exception of having a screwed up cross-dressing devil for a dad, Shinghi's life is absolute perfection (*cough* of lies) until one day, Sung-Hae transfers to his school.

While being a complete martial artist freak, she also likes to fib just a little in front of those who know her.... you know, like acting like she's just a scared little girl who'd play with kittens rather than break brick walls with her head~! After all, how can anything go wrong when you're as cute as Sung-Hae?

Fate has brought these two masters of lies together and the two must battle it out to see who will be crowned the undefeated heavy-weight champion of fakeness!

And I was bored today when I found this Korean manhwa in onemanga. I read 2-3 ch and it wasn't that interesting and the drawing of the faces were ugly. But after I have read the rest till ch13 it was really good. There are some jokes that made laugh like crazy and indeed those ugly faces do fit in this manhwa. The title is kinda misleading.
Old 2009-01-17, 21:03   Link #2
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I have to agree, it's kinda amateurish, ugly...and hilarious.
Old 2009-10-02, 19:42   Link #3
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
it's been entertaining for me so far(i'm at ch 18), but hopefully they don't start making it into a Kenichi(or B.Reaction) wannabe, and Shingi sticks to his slick, cowardly fake ways. I don't want him to start fighting bad guys, bullies and crap all the while getting instructed from a high-level martial arts girl who he'll never beat in a match or win over in love >.>.

And whats wrong with the art style? Other than deformed faces being a bit overabundant, i think it's quite good.
Old 2009-10-02, 19:58   Link #4
Ukoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
And whats wrong with the art style? Other than deformed faces being a bit overabundant, i think it's quite good.
I assume that's what they were talking about. I thought their regular faces looked good.
Old 2010-01-03, 08:59   Link #5
frubam
simp for Lyria

Well it's about time! I was kinda getting tired of Seunghee being the only girl in the manga. Ranmee looks like she might make for a good 'rival' char for Seunghee, esp since she can fight. Well I enjoyed that little arc(though it took forever to release), can't wait for more.
Old 2010-01-03, 14:04   Link #6
Arturro

I really shouldn't read this manga at night, because neighbours are complaining because of my loud laugh

Old 2010-01-03, 17:30   Link #7
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
I really shouldn't read this manga at night, because neighbours are complaining because of my loud laugh
I found this manga extremely hilarious. He doesn't use as much 'expression' faces later on, but overall the art is still really detailed and well done.

I'm finding K-manhwa a lot more fun these days.
Old 2010-05-14, 18:51   Link #8
frubam
simp for Lyria

I am SOOO glad that Shingi is NOT another Kenichi wannabe. The fact that he always gets himself into deep **** and yet always seems to be looking out for himself with subtle motives to make himself look good is what I love about this manga.
Old 2010-05-14, 19:38   Link #9
Xion Valkyrie

New chapter out! I wonder who the mystery bank robber is.
Old 2010-05-15, 06:26   Link #10
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
New chapter out! I wonder who the mystery bank robber is.
Spoiler for next chapter:

Old 2011-04-11, 01:04   Link #11
jzmagic
flargansbog

I just started reading this and marathoned to the latest scans, and this is one of the best comics I've ever read. The comedy is hilarious, and I like the romantic relationship development between the two main characters. Shingi is a hell of a character.
Old 2011-04-11, 01:12   Link #12
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

The latest arc is Kang Shingi getting even more awesome!

...with Michael's help. I lol'd at the "budding friendship ruined by a 5th grade incident" thing.

Revenge is sweet especially if you get to brand your worst enemy as a sex offender for fun and profit.

One of the things I noticed though is that the original premise of the manga kinda got lost along the way. I thought it would be a Battle of the Fakes -- him a fake perfect student and her a fake harmless princess -- but her side of the deal kinda gets forgotten in the epic antics that Shingi keeps getting himself into.

The author probably just had too much fun with him that he decided to make her a more moral character instead so she could become his [TVTROPES LINK WARNING] Morality Pet.
Old 2013-01-21, 00:16   Link #13
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Spoiler for 70:
Old 2013-05-19, 12:20   Link #14
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Well that was a rather rushed ending, Manwha started out strongly but ended poorly.
Old 2013-05-19, 12:51   Link #15
cero_86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Well that was a rather rushed ending, Manwha started out strongly but ended poorly.
absolutely right, I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard reading a manga like I did in the first vols of zippy ziggy, horrible ending.
Old 2013-05-19, 14:03   Link #16
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by cero_86 View Post
absolutely right, I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard reading a manga like I did in the first vols of zippy ziggy, horrible ending.
If you thought that was funny you should read the manga in my signature. Kyou Kara ore wa. Funniest manga ever drawn.