AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-04, 14:00   Link #41
Arctic_Kitsune

Watched the first episode and enjoyed it. I approve of where this is going. Also looks like I'll be roughly correct with my theory in some or most placed

Spoiler:

I do want to go into detail but then it be too long to read. If I had to compare this to any Anime it would be Angelic Layer and not Infinite Stratos. Angelic Layer makes more sense.
Arctic_Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 14:20   Link #42
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Kitsune View Post
I do want to go into detail but then it be too long to read. If I had to compare this to any Anime it would be Angelic Layer and not Infinite Stratos. Angelic Layer makes more sense.
The comparisons couldn't be helped though, given that the anime is made by the same studio with many of the same staff, and the visual style and animation doesn't help to dispel the illusion any. Well, those who know which came first would do the Angelic Layer angle better.

You know, the Busou Shinki TV anime makes a much better sequel to Angelic Layer than Chobits, asides from the visible doll joints

First episode, and the girls are already quite adorable. I want one that actually moves and has AI. But then reality is quite the cruel thing

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 16:59   Link #43
Miraluka
Banned

OPening.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 21:47   Link #44
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 23:26   Link #45
Miraluka
Banned

Looks more like a father in a kids series, you know, the kind whose face isn't shown often (Peanuts?).

Oh well, he reminds me of P-san from Idolm@ster to some degree.

As I said somewhere, I don't find it pretentious unlike other shows so I acept it as a light hearted series.
Old 2012-10-05, 01:25   Link #46
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

This anime looks ok so far, but I'm into the fact that it reminds me of Angelic Layer one of the first shows I began watching when I started getting hooked on anime.

When the cats away the little people play...
Old 2012-10-05, 02:26   Link #47
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Enjoyable first episode. It was quite fun watching those shinki mess around in their own scaled world.
But those AI sure are something. They unpack, deliver and act as an alarm in a way you can't say no.

And not to forget about the hamster that chews on anything.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 04:53   Link #48
Elestia

I enjoyed this episode. Nothing like a little mecha-musume, slice-of-life show that you can just grin and smile at.
Old 2012-10-05, 06:23   Link #49
Random Wanderer

Haven't had time to watch the episode yet, but Angelic Layer comparisons are a good sign.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 07:22   Link #50
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Just watched the sub... at the start I thought it was Infinite Stratos...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 08:38   Link #51
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well so yea seeing ep.1 we have living female figurine dolls yea help their master also go battle mode armor mode like from IS.

hmm looking so far hmm & that hamster oh my yea go watch this to see it all.

yet if mix compare to other anime check chobits + angelic layer + Infinite Stratos + living female figurine = Busou Shinki
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 10:50   Link #52
sudolicious
Otoshi-gami in training

Enjoyable first ep. OP/ED are quite nice, seiyu cast is pretty great and the story has potential for some charming moments. I'm not expecting much out of this, but I look forward to the next episode
Old 2012-10-05, 11:51   Link #53
Awrya
U mad?

An entertaining first episode, enough for me to watch the next.

Dat hamster was VIP, it took my attention whenever it was on screen

The Shinki are ~6 inch tall, that's the same as a regular sub at subway?
Old 2012-10-05, 12:10   Link #54
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

I recall there was a alternative adaptation to this show? It was 10 x 5 min episodes or something. Is this new series the continuation or restart with a different telling?
Old 2012-10-05, 12:47   Link #55
Miraluka
Banned

Its a sequel.
Old 2012-10-05, 13:07   Link #56
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

The 1st series didn't make any sense, this doesn't do much either aside from promoting Shinki figures and stuff. Too bad there won't be any real-like Shinki's for another 50 years or so.

By the way, why there's always have to be a carefree character, a moe-ditzy character and a "why I'm with this bunch of idiots"-type one?
Old 2012-10-05, 13:10   Link #57
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsundere Louise View Post
By the way, why there's always have to be a carefree character, a moe-ditzy character and a "why I'm with this bunch of idiots"-type one?
You can find character archetypes in any series. It's how stories have evolved ever since mankind started telling them. They'll become more defined as the series goes on.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 13:13   Link #58
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I don't find it pretentious unlike other shows so I acept it as a light hearted series.
Ah~ I think that's the word I was looking for to describe anime recently. I was thinking about why I liked this anime yesterday and couldn't find the right word...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 14:09   Link #59
Arctic_Kitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The comparisons couldn't be helped though, given that the anime is made by the same studio with many of the same staff, and the visual style and animation doesn't help to dispel the illusion any. Well, those who know which came first would do the Angelic Layer angle better.

You know, the Busou Shinki TV anime makes a much better sequel to Angelic Layer than Chobits, asides from the visible doll joints

First episode, and the girls are already quite adorable. I want one that actually moves and has AI. But then reality is quite the cruel thing
Ya, you do have a point there. I guess I'm just used to people doing research then mentioning the history side of such instead of assuming things. I guess the time I was raised in where people once knew what they were talking about changed to assumptions and speculations heh. Just saying, not trying to imply anything rude.

Now that you mention it, it does make a nice sequel to Angelic Layer. You go from research to competition to full AI & emotions with Shinkis able to tend to your postal & grocery needs. I'd love a future like that ->

Spoiler:

Seeing Arnval and the gang spawn their armor on a whim/on command was a bit awkward from the way I know Busou Shinki. Used to equipping them, but this is nice I guess. Get to go into combat quicker without any side-screens to hurt the budget.

Can't wait for the second episode now.

------------

Edit:

Forgot to mention I loved Arnval's way of waking her master up. I would love to have an alarm-clock over the beeping zombie-causing alarm clocks.

Spoiler:
Arctic_Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 14:15   Link #60
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Not too happy with the MC for this one. Design and character (plain-looking glasses high school dude... okay I don't need to list down more on what I see). I personally liked the Moon Angel ONA's MC better.

... Can't shake this feeling the MC here is just there for the sake of having a reason the gi-- I mean, the Shinkis to be there, since the premise describes that the Shinkis have masters (and fight).

Other than that, 8bit needs work on their drawn frames. CGI was excellent though.

I guess I'll be watching this for the silly hijinks factor alone

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bishoujo, mecha musume, science fiction, slice of life