AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 33 27.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 30.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 16.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 9.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 6.78%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 5.08%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-11, 14:53   Link #201
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Here is the exchange between Alto and Klan involving Ranka to the best of my understanding:

Spoiler for episode 23 specific:

The episode touched up on a lot of the underlying mysteries that have been driving the show thus far. It includes Grace's agenda, interprets how Alto defines "love," Ranka's memories, and the Varjraa hive mind.

Some screens:
Old 2008-09-11, 14:54   Link #202
ReddyRedWolf

I'm beginning to suspect Grace and Galaxy Anonymous was the reason why the Global was attacked.

Brera called Grace Colonel.

Even though Grace was born on Global she became a UN Spacy officer on Macross Galaxy.

But as with some UN officers of that era she was corruptible and became their spy on Dr. Mao's work.

Galaxy Anonymous, a bunch of cyborgs, offered her eternal life. Their plan was to take the very existence of the Vajra and become god like.

But their attempt to take control of them and Ranka's singing led to the attack on Global. Doing it while Ranshe was with her kids.

But where is Mao? I think Grace and company captured her and used her to produce Sheryl.

The earring coming from Sheryl's mother was not a lie. Somewhere along the line Mao manages to sneak away Sheryl in Galaxy. But due to her old age Mao expired leaving Sheryl alone as an orphan. Till Grace manages to find Sheryl again as a street urchin.
Old 2008-09-11, 14:56   Link #203
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

lolxs Kawamori is tougher than a cockroach. It would take more than that to kill him. ^^
Old 2008-09-11, 14:59   Link #204
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Here is the exchange between Alto and Klan involving Ranka to the best of my understanding:

Spoiler for episode 23 specific:

The episode touched up on a lot of the underlying mysteries that have been driving the show thus far. It includes Grace's agenda, interprets how Alto defines "love," Ranka's memories, and the Varjraa hive mind.
Thank you for clearing that up Monir.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-09-11, 15:02   Link #205
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I'm beginning to suspect Grace and Galaxy Anonymous was the reason why the Global was attacked.

Brera called Grace Colonel.
Brera has his Major/Wing Commander rank because of his squadron leader position. If Grace was assigned as his CO, they gave her the Colonel rank to be able to order him around. It doesn't mean she's a career military spy.

OTOH, she's a xenobiologist, pilot, expert hacker, assassin, manager. Is there anything our international woman of mystery can't do?
Old 2008-09-11, 15:03   Link #206
Seifall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletha View Post
They showed he wanted to protect her (we knew that already), but other then that they did not say he loved her. There are also different types of love. You are just concluding that all on your own.

If I'm concluding that( he loves her ) on my own, then your kiss ( which logically didn't happen) is also, a conclusion that you made by yourself .
Sheryl said " i knew about it all along .. but just for a little longer I wanted...."
She find out he loves Ranka but didn't want to believe it and wanted to be with him....

Quote:
You have no logic at all. If he realized he "loved" Ranka at the end of 23, how did that stop the kiss at the end of episode 22? It doesn't work that way. The beginning of 23 clearly shows Alto and Sheryl are basically living together happily and Alto is comfortable enough to carry her to bed when she tells him too. There is nothing in 23 at all that says they didn't kiss, probably quite the opposite.
Spoiler for This damn kiss :):

To add, the kiss is not a big deal and has never been a big deal to me. I think they did (as do most people), but how Alto reacted to her is more the story then anything.

The link with his mother is obvious now....
He doesn't want to let her die with painful moment like with his mother.
He wants to show her how she can keep enjoying the life and had fun, because he is there, here to protect her in her dream .
When he thinks about her, he thinks about his mother dying, that's why they gave us hints since episode 18 in Alto's reaction towards Sheryl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ippus View Post
And Let's remember Ranka's plane was torn to shreds by Ai-kun. Clearly this means Alto is going to die by Ai-kun's evil hands.
It was Alto's plane in episode 17.
And ai kun did catch Ranka's plane in 21 but keep it uncut.
Ai kun is sure a surprise here.

@magnuskun (sorry i lost the quote .. )

Spoiler for Sheryl found out ...:
Old 2008-09-11, 15:06   Link #207
magnuskn

Oh, I give up on this one. Take it away, Tak, whenever you get back from work.
Old 2008-09-11, 15:07   Link #208
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
OTH, she's a xenobiologist, pilot, expert hacker, assassin, manager. Is there anything our international woman of mystery can't do?
Bring back Ed's mother from the dead
Old 2008-09-11, 15:11   Link #209
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Oh, I give up on this one. Take it away, Tak, whenever you get back from work.
it is funny how many people fall for the trolling! this episode only show us that Alto had feelings for Ranka! Ranka was the one that basically broke up her relationship with him. Currently Alto is with Sheryl regardless of why he is with her. Kawamori only wanted us to know that he had feelings for Ranka, even though many sheryl's fan want to deny it. Even though they got their pairing, Altoxsheryl), they don't want to accept that Alto also felt that strongly about Ranka.
Old 2008-09-11, 15:17   Link #210
Seifall

golthin. Glad to see I'm not the only one to think that !

People give up each time I give them prooves of what I'm saying...
Old 2008-09-11, 15:20   Link #211
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
it is funny how many people fall for the trolling! this episode only show us that Alto had feelings for Ranka! Ranka was the one that basically broke up her relationship with him. Currently Alto is with Sheryl regardless of why he is with her. Kawamori only wanted us to know that he had feelings for Ranka, even though many sheryl's fan want to deny it. Even though they got their pairing, Altoxsheryl), they don't want to accept that Alto also felt that strongly about Ranka.
I think you misunderstood the conversation and to the context of which the word love was said.

I don't mind the whole Alto feelings thing, but the whole back to Ranka thing no.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...

Last edited by TwilightHack; 2008-09-11 at 16:03.
Old 2008-09-11, 15:22   Link #212
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

Wow a big cannonball fired to the Titanic... Prepare for return fire ^^... Take cover ^^^

Can't wait to get a hold of the ep. this could be the tip of the iceberg ^^
Old 2008-09-11, 15:23   Link #213
magnuskn

Quote:
I simply don´t see any evidence at all that he feels in the same way about Ranka as he does about Sheryl. There has been absolutely zero development on the romantic front for AxR since episode 13, at least from his side.

I can see that he cares about her as an older brother, as a good friend. But there has been next to none from him in almost all the series. Seriously! Episode 5 he groomed his hair before going to the Miss Macross contest, episodes 12 and 13 there was a bit of romantic tension.... that´s 10 episodes now, after that the most emotional he got with her was when she ran off.

It´s the reality of how the show has portrayed the Alto - Ranka relationship that makes me ( and others ) break out in hives when thinking about how those two could still end up together at this point, when there has been such a strong foundation for a Sheryl X Alto relationship.
Old 2008-09-11, 15:24   Link #214
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Quoted for the truth, but let's not delve into the pairing issues. It will be troublesome to clean up the mess later if shippers start gathering in numbers. Take pity. Beside, the episode was way too interesting and didn't really spend much time to reflect on the raging pairing debate that seem spark at the drop of a pantsu.

The evil, conniving Grace was magnificent once again.
Old 2008-09-11, 15:30   Link #215
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
The earring coming from Sheryl's mother was not a lie. Somewhere along the line Mao manages to sneak away Sheryl in Galaxy. But due to her old age Mao expired leaving Sheryl alone as an orphan. Till Grace manages to find Sheryl again as a street urchin.
That sounds like a fairly plausible explanation, actually.
Old 2008-09-11, 15:33   Link #216
Seifall

Spoiler for The scene between Klan and Alto:

Yes, no one could misunderstood the context of which the word love was said...
He loves her .. I think it's obvious now...

Spoiler for sheryl , brera:
Old 2008-09-11, 15:36   Link #217
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

ZOMG!!!!!! (i'm annoying i know.)

If the scene where Sheryl is in the stairs were true, then i have a pretty good idea what Alto and Klan just said.... i could see it now the posts coming ^^.
Old 2008-09-11, 15:38   Link #218
Teletha

I don't get saying Sheryl fans are falling for the trolling, when it could be Ranka fans falling for the trolling right now. Or maybe we are all being trolled? Obviously Alto loves both Sheryl and Ranka, as did Hikaru love both Misa and Minmay, but in the end he had to pick one. This sets up the finale. Sheryl will push him away and sing until she dies, unless she's given a reason to do otherwise. Ranka is damsel in distress again with the Brera issue still needing to be resolved. There are pretty huge death flags on him, as well as Sheryl.
Old 2008-09-11, 15:40   Link #219
CeruleaFeng
2qt2bstr8 ♥♥

Send a message via MSN to CeruleaFeng
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post

Or she could be talking about killing Vajra. Or killing in general. Or, hell, protecting the sky. Klan's question was horribly ambiguous.

'Sides, I don't see Alto confirming what she said. All I see is Sheryl possibly misunderstanding what was said. Y'know, like when Ranka saw Alto holding Sheryl after she almost fainted? Both jumped to conclusions.

The "M" in "Macross" stands for "misunderstanding". That's why it's called drama. Hurr.

Kawamori has you wrapped around his finger, Seifall.
Old 2008-09-11, 15:42   Link #220
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post

yeah right, it s just another your conclusion. IF alto answered "yeah", which he did not, then maybe your re right.
I ll just sit and see what he ll gonna do on next 2 episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Quoted for the truth, but let's not delve into the pairing issues. It will be troublesome to clean up the mess later if shippers start gathering in numbers. Take pity. Beside, the episode was way too interesting and didn't really spend much time to reflect on the raging pairing debate that seem spark at the drop of a pantsu.

The evil, conniving Grace was magnificent once again.
you re absolutely right
and we nearly know what is her purpose now, not much surprise.
from what she said to Ranshe: to combine Implant network theory and Vajra's zero-time fold communication...
maybe she want to build human bees community .
Closed Thread