AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Potential Pairing - Multiple Choice Option
Alto x VF 171 32 12.31%
Ozma x Bobby 13 5.00%
Ranka x Sheryl 42 16.15%
Sheryl x Alto 199 76.54%
Yasaburo x Alto 5 1.92%
Ranka x Ai-kun 38 14.62%
Alto x Klan 14 5.38%
Ranka x Alto 54 20.77%
Ranka x Brera 37 14.23%
Klan x Michael 101 38.85%
Ozma x Cathy 111 42.69%
Luca x Nanase 41 15.77%
Wilder x Monica 41 15.77%
Alto x VF25 37 14.23%
Yasaburo x Alto's father 10 3.85%
Alto x Brera 18 6.92%
Grace x Ranka 12 4.62%
Nanase x Ranka 21 8.08%
Sheryl x Klan 24 9.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-19, 04:59   Link #981
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Set-up of the First Half 1-15:

See, this is why I keep TELLING people to wait for the second half. The story barely even started.

Now excuse me while I prepare the inevitable counterattack.
Old 2008-07-19, 05:12   Link #982
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
with Ep 15 we can say both Sheryl and Ranka are fighting neck to neck for Alto, damn Alto you lucky dog .
he didn't seemed aware he was lucky he face, when they are making their show in front of him, was priceless

Anyway, Sheryl will win
Their way to fight was amazing, Sheryl who is playing the provocative women, and Ranka who is jumping in the show...those two are pure win

Old 2008-07-19, 08:49   Link #983
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

The duet was freaking awesome. No secret dateo's, bitter cookies, or snuck in kisses.

Just flat out, here we are, here's how we feel, CHOOSE!

Man no wonder Alto felt trapped .
Old 2008-07-19, 08:55   Link #984
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Yeah... If Sheryl's cough hadn't interrupted things and he really had to choose, his brain would have broken under the strain of having to discard one of them.
Old 2008-07-19, 10:30   Link #985
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yeah... If Sheryl's cough hadn't interrupted things and he really had to choose, his brain would have broken under the strain of having to discard one of them.
Either that or the Macross Universe as we know it would have imploded.

Anybody notice all the little stars and everything that sparkle around Ranka when she turns the Moe-machine on? It's kind of freaky.
Old 2008-07-19, 10:43   Link #986
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Or we would have gotten a threesome.

Quote:
Anybody notice all the little stars and everything that sparkle around Ranka when she turns the Moe-machine on? It's kind of freaky.
Well, I´d say it simple artistic license... but if she really produces sparkles on her own, then, yeah, freaky.
Old 2008-07-19, 10:44   Link #987
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

Yeah, it's incredible what a well prepared girl can do with some phosphorus-based powder...
Old 2008-07-19, 12:05   Link #988
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
Spoiler for Set-up of the First Half 1-15:

See, this is why I keep TELLING people to wait for the second half. The story barely even started.
The set up of episodes 1-15 is actually this:

-Have Ranka climb stardom high enough to appear on the Galaxy villain's radar. That wouldn't happen completely if she didn't fall in love with Alto and follow him to Galia 4. Her connection to the Vajra was also revealed from there.
-Alto (this is what the writer's wishes) have him thrown into the mix in the middle of this conspiracy. This wouldn't happen if Sheryl didn't become interested in him enough to invite him to Galia 4 and most importantly, it wouldn't happen if he didn't rescue Ranka. Everything all happened from there up to the part where Bilra wanted to see him himself.
-Sheryl -survive Galia 4 by looking for Alto, then get discarded by Grace to find a new victim of their evil plans---Ranka. Up to this point, Sheryl is more like a plot device that had a hand in setting up Ranka and Alto to get to where they are in the plot. I know I'm going to get hated again for that sentence, but getting discarded by Grace opens up a lot of possibilities for her including the character growth that she really needs. =/

I still think Galaxy were just lucky that things turned out this way. I doubt they have it in their calculation that Q1 will be a big fan of their fairy 9 and was able to meet up with her. Alto having encounters with Q1 and Fairy 9 is also by chance, but that certainly helped Galaxy in a BIG way. Now, maybe from here on, the focus will be equal on RankaxAltoxSheryl end. We'll see.

I'm pretty sure we'll get a new OP and ED next episode. It's about time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis
Now excuse me while I prepare the inevitable counterattack.
I think for the Sheryl fans, next episode title should be Sheryl Attack. I have a feeling Sheryl will spend most of the next episode with Alto.
Old 2008-07-19, 13:27   Link #989
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Yeah, it's incredible what a well prepared girl can do with some phosphorus-based powder...
Maybe that's the REAL reason they took her in for testing, hmm?

I was actually really happy to see Sheryl go for Alto like she did, especially since I knew Ranka wouldn't in a million years try such a physically seductive tactic. You'd THINK that under normal circumstances that would be a bit of a deal-sealer for pretty much any guy (extremely beautiful, wonderful singer, money, fame, great personality, very strong emotionally, etc...)... But somehow Alto is still torn between the two. I don't know, I guess I just can't see this situation in his eyes.

It's an immense wonder to see another guy in Ranka's life, and from the looks of one of the scenes they might have some quality night-time together. With any luck us Sheryl fans will see things going that way. I think the biggest reason for this pairing is probably the fact that Sheryl would be (more than likely) without any options if she lost poor Alto.
Old 2008-07-19, 13:45   Link #990
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Sheryl's certainly more sexy, but she's also "threatening" in ways Ranka isn't. Ranka's more sincere. When she's happy, or she's feeling wonder, it shows immediately, right down to her hair. Sheryl's harder to figure out, at least for Alto.
Old 2008-07-19, 13:50   Link #991
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Maybe that's the REAL reason they took her in for testing, hmm?

I was actually really happy to see Sheryl go for Alto like she did, especially since I knew Ranka wouldn't in a million years try such a physically seductive tactic. You'd THINK that under normal circumstances that would be a bit of a deal-sealer for pretty much any guy (extremely beautiful, wonderful singer, money, fame, great personality, very strong emotionally, etc...)... But somehow Alto is still torn between the two. I don't know, I guess I just can't see this situation in his eyes.
Hmmm...I suppose Alto's past hangups are preventing him from pursuing any kind of relationship. Being the way he is, he tends to cling to his emotional baggage. On the other hand, he reminds me of the typical "fickle" lead male character in many any titles. Alto reminds me of an "emo" version of Kyousuke from KOR who was equally indecisive....just my opinion as I could be way off.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-07-19, 13:55   Link #992
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Sheryl's certainly more sexy, but she's also "threatening" in ways Ranka isn't. Ranka's more sincere. When she's happy, or she's feeling wonder, it shows immediately, right down to her hair. Sheryl's harder to figure out, at least for Alto.
That I can agree with.

Sheryl = Able to wear a "mask" at her convenience.
Ranka = Open book

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-07-19, 14:00   Link #993
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
That I can agree with.

Sheryl = Able to wear a "mask" at her convenience.
Ranka = Open book

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Yeah, that part is obvious to a lot of people though. I mean, just look at her. Sheryl is obviously very happy to see Alto, but wants to make sure she puts on a facade before she actually sees him. She obviously likes the guy, but apparently want some respect while at it

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-19, 14:01   Link #994
Westlo
Lets be reality

Ranka's like a puppy and that's not even taking the dog ear hair into account.
Old 2008-07-19, 14:11   Link #995
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Ranka's like a puppy and that's not even taking the dog ear hair into account.
That seems to be a fitting analogy. I have a puppy that is always starving for my attention...Ranka most of the time seeks Alto's attention.

Only now, Sheryl wants the attention as well but perhaps her pride is preventing her from doing so? I would like to compare her to a Neko but then again cat's are not exactly "go getters", right?
Never owned a cat so I'm just reaching LOL.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-07-19, 14:14   Link #996
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Yeah, that part is obvious to a lot of people though. I mean, just look at her. Sheryl is obviously very happy to see Alto, but wants to make sure she puts on a facade before she actually sees him. 
..Like at the hospital when Alto came to visit. I loved how she was checking to see if her appearance looked decent before he entered. I thought that was rather cute.

Quote:
She obviously likes the guy, but apparently want some respect while at it

- Tak
Indeed...Sheryl IS Sheryl.  

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-07-19, 14:14   Link #997
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Well, the way I see it, is that Sheryl really demands an equal-playing field, while Ranka simply does not. She'd just ask for it.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-19, 14:16   Link #998
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
That seems to be a fitting analogy. I have a puppy that is always starving for my attention...Ranka most of the time seeks Alto's attention.
Well, Ranka trying to jump Alto at the beginning elevates that into a whole realm of possibility, doesn´t it?
Old 2008-07-19, 14:18   Link #999
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Well, Ranka trying to jump Alto at the beginning elevates that into a whole realm of possibility, doesn´t it?
LOL, I totally forgot about that scene.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-07-19, 14:27   Link #1000
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Well, the way I see it, is that Sheryl really demands an equal-playing field, while Ranka simply does not. She'd just ask for it.

- Tak
Equal playing field? I don't remember her ever being interested in that.

And in that ep, they were both vying for attention. What's equality got to do with it?
Closed Thread

Tags
romance