AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2009-02-17, 17:13   Link #121
-Kh-
ポルカ

Youtube version of the PV, if anyone has any problems watching it from TBS website.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpPG3IJH6vw
-Kh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 18:52   Link #122
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Is there a particular reason to why these girls join the club in the first place? Do they really have a love or passion for music or do they just not want to see the club go away?
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 21:38   Link #123
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
You guys really needs to lower your expectations regarding the level of music in K-on. X-Japan, Siam Shade or Spitz it will be not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
If the music in the series is the same as the style in the trailer then I'm 100% inclined to agree with you there.

Yeah, you're prob lucky if this reaches Linda Linda Linda level. This is the level that they need to shoot for imo.
Old 2009-02-17, 21:43   Link #124
Midonin
Last Engage

That trailer didn't even have motion. It's not really something to prejudge the whole series on.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 00:32   Link #125
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There was a little bit of animation at the end of the trailer, but without any voice work it is sort of hard to tell what this will sound like. Also isn't one of the main plot devices that they aren't really that good at first? So should we expect some horror of horrors type sounds early on (say like Kotomi-chan and her violin)?
Old 2009-02-18, 02:22   Link #126
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Alright... why have I never heard of this anime until now? The premise sounds right up my alley. And the PV music is incredibly catchy

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 02:42   Link #127
shinryou
--- semi-hikikomori ---

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Alright... why have I never heard of this anime until now? The premise sounds right up my alley. And the PV music is incredibly catchy
indeed, definatly something I'll be watching come next season...

"can't get away... from the sound of life..." - shinryou
shinryou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 04:10   Link #128
asrielchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Also isn't one of the main plot devices that they aren't really that good at first? So should we expect some horror of horrors type sounds early on (say like Kotomi-chan and her violin)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
Is there a particular reason to why these girls join the club in the first place? Do they really have a love or passion for music or do they just not want to see the club go away?
From the little that I see in the PV and official site...

One of the girls is an original member of the club, but when the other members graduate she has to find enough people to join in order for the club to stay.

Only the guitarist is a complete beginner, so I won't expect Kotomi-level horror sounds.. (no one can reach her level anyway..)
Old 2009-02-18, 15:17   Link #129
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

If the level of music in the show is around the level in the PV, with accompanying animation (ala SHnY concert scene, a forlorn hope, I know), I wouldn't mind at all.
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 21:49   Link #130
brocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kh- View Post
Youtube version of the PV, if anyone has any problems watching it from TBS website.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpPG3IJH6vw
Grrrr... they took the PV down ><
It wasn't the same one as the Comiket 75 one was it?

EDIT: Nvm, i just streamed the trailer from the official website and the footage is pretty much same except with an updated BGM. I kinda prefered the old BGM more to be honest... =/

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.

Last edited by brocko; 2009-02-19 at 00:01.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 15:21   Link #131
-Kh-
ポルカ

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post

Actually I just got banned and my account suspended yesterday because Media Factory decided to take down all videos related to Queen's Blade, and I had Queen's Blade PV up there since January, so Youtube took it down, together with my account.

So now I hate Youtube, and I'm sticking only to NicoNico and DailyMotion
-Kh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 18:47   Link #132
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kh- View Post
Actually I just got banned and my account suspended yesterday because Media Factory decided to take down all videos related to Queen's Blade, and I had Queen's Blade PV up there since January, so Youtube took it down, together with my account.
Wow, these companies sure appreciate us endorsed their upcoming shows for free.

To think they do this yet pay millions of yen just to put their shows in the newspaper.

Edit: And at the brink of an obvious recession no less.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 19:19   Link #133
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Youtube takes no chances when it comes to copyrights...even if it is unwarrented...they don't want the risk. So if even one person brings it up...there could be a removal or worse from my understanding.
Old 2009-02-19, 19:23   Link #134
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Yeah, you're prob lucky if this reaches Linda Linda Linda level. This is the level that they need to shoot for imo.
Wasn't Linda Linda Linda the movie that the concert episode of Haruhi rotoscoped. Well not exactly rotoscoping, but close.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 23:24   Link #135
orion

Quote:
Wasn't Linda Linda Linda the movie that the concert episode of Haruhi rotoscoped. Well not exactly rotoscoping, but close.
Haven't finished Haruhi yet so don't know.
Old 2009-02-19, 23:53   Link #136
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Haven't finished Haruhi yet so don't know.
Wow....like I didn't even know that was actually possible. You seem pretty big on Kyoani so I just assumed you had seen their almost flagship franchise. I say "almost" because....well....you know....
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 00:27   Link #137
Midonin
Last Engage

Listings for the OP and ED have appeared.

While all four of them are sung by the lead quartet, it looks like the setup is slightly different.

The OP is primarily sung by Aki Toyasaki with the other three as chorus, and the ED is primarily sung by Youko Hikasa with the other three as chorus.

I'm expecting good (or at least catchy and therefore memeable) things from both of these.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 01:01   Link #138
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Well I will watch this and see how it goes. No point crying over something that did not exist yet.
Old 2009-02-21, 05:01   Link #139
M.Marangio

second manga volume

The second manga volume with the bass player Mio Akiyama on the cover will be released on February 26, 2009.
There are again a few preview pages from the publisher: http://www.dokidokivisual.com/comics...st.php?cid=278

This was also announced today on the anime blog: http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/k-on/blog/blog0902.html
M.Marangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 22:38   Link #140
orion

Quote:
Wow....like I didn't even know that was actually possible. You seem pretty big on Kyoani so I just assumed you had seen their almost flagship franchise. I say "almost" because....well....you know....

Well there's work, life and other anime so things get left unfinished. I have very little free time unfortunately and rarely get 6 hours of sleep per day during the week due to work.

Tags
comedy, light music, seinen