AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-28, 09:37   Link #41
AceD
See You En' Tee

Meh would rather not see CP9 again, not as main material at least, not when there's Vegapunk and the Revolutionaries....and much more to focus on.
Old 2010-09-28, 09:55   Link #42
0rphen21
^.^

"drools at Robin's new look"
from the larger pic it really does look like Zorro lost an arm also it looks like something is attached to the part where the arm was i m guessing its a sword so i guess he can still use his three sword technique
Old 2010-09-28, 10:31   Link #43
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Is this true ?o_O
The Last Sea part :/ ?

That..... wasn't really a spoiler. That info came from the OP Grand Countdown from last weeks's issue of SJ. But yeah, it's pretty much Oda saying that the story's moving on to the next (final) stage, that's all.

Anyways, I seem to be part of the minority of those who don't really have a problem with Franky's new look, mainly because I think he looks hilarious! Honestly, him and Usopp are among my favorite of the new Straw-Hat designs by far! As for Zoro.... perhaps I (and some others) may have hastily jumped to conclusions about the arm thing, after all. We'll just have to wait and see about that.....

Also, there are a couple of spoiler scripts out, but neither of them are confirmed yet. Apparently the only concrete info we have so far is that Zoro doesn't actually appear in this chapter, despite being in the colorspread......
Old 2010-09-28, 10:37   Link #44
ShadowKiko

Finally the waiting is coming to an end...
I like the changes in characters in overal...
Zoro losing an arm wouldn't be that much of a problem i think since he could grew 4 extra arms and 2 heads with is asura technique... even though... i would rather have him keep both his arms...
Luffy just got a scar and its pretty much the same...
Sanji got kinda of weird but it looks ok somehow...
Usopp looks very very cool...
Nami good god...
Choper and Brook didnt change much eighter... as for Robin i'll have to wait to see the real changes since this image doesn't tell me much...
Franky looks badass...
Now comes the worse part... wait for the actual chapter after seing this image...
Now the time has come for us to test our HAKI!!!

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2010-09-28, 10:37   Link #45
james0246

^The problem I have with Franky's lack of hair is the fact that his hair was a pivotal prop in showing his weakened state - his hair literally lost its "bounce" when Franky ran out of power. That, to me, was a hilarious but still useful character prop (much the same as Usopp's nose ). Here's hoping that Oda has included an equally good prop to show Franky's weakened state, else I will be slightly disappointed by the new design.
Old 2010-09-28, 12:20   Link #46
ntherblast

so zoro doesn't use 3 sword style anymore i hope not cus that was what made him unique
Old 2010-09-28, 12:25   Link #47
Nite-Wing

WOW Zoro loses an arm
Nami long hair and breast implants
Robin no more bangs
Franky bald
Ussop has dreads
Sanji has mini beard/goatee
Luffy huge scar

I didn't notice anymore changes
Old 2010-09-28, 12:30   Link #48
Wargumm1i
Hentai

When they said Last sea part. They mean he is now going to the New world which is the last sea since ones the reach the end of that sea they will come back from where they started, so basically when it says The last sea. It means beyond Sabaody Archipelago is the new world, part 1/2 of the ocean world.

I mean believe me just because its the "last sea" doesnt mean "The last Island" believe it. So im predicting a 10-11 island to visit in the manga and perhaps even more for the anime version etc etc :P
Old 2010-09-28, 12:37   Link #49
james0246

LOL, Recent spoiler pics are great. Usopp gets a face full of delight, and it seems there was a hilarious group pretending to be the Strawhats.
Old 2010-09-28, 12:42   Link #50
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I really wish Zoro's doesn't lose an arm :/ And Sanji looks like MiHawk
Old 2010-09-28, 12:46   Link #51
seiji_kun

Boa in color! Actual pages of the chapter itself in color. That's a first except for those rainbow fishes but that was an omake anyway. And the pirates pretending to be the strawhats were hilarious. They don't even look half like the ones they are trying to pretend to be. And reunion taking place yet it seems Luffy and Zoro haven't arrived yet.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-09-28, 12:49   Link #52
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Usopp seems to have taken Ace's look for himself.

Shirtless
Somewhat Muscular
Surfer hat
necklace
Old 2010-09-28, 12:50   Link #53
Miccheru

if zoro's arm is replaced by a sword i would rlly rofl my ass of (thats like lolē)
Old 2010-09-28, 12:52   Link #54
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
LOL, Recent spoiler pics are great. Usopp gets a face full of delight, and it seems there was a hilarious group pretending to be the Strawhats.
Looks like Luffy has his own Conrad Verner, everytime someone popular goes missing for a while someone always tries to replace them

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-09-28, 12:54   Link #55
Nite-Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Usopp seems to have taken Ace's look for himself.

Shirtless
Somewhat Muscular
Surfer hat
necklace
Ussop got a tattoo as well
Hes truly graduated from the weaklings
Old 2010-09-28, 12:55   Link #56
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I wonder how long the fake Strawhats have been active. Either way, they look hilarious

I just noticed both of Sanji's eyebrow curls are on the right side of his eyes. If he showed them both at the same time, he'd look pretty silly. Ussop looks pretty damn cool now, he's definitely buffed up quite a bit. Unfortunately, I'm still not liking Nami and Robin's new looks. Brook looks fabulous~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
They don't even look half like the ones they are trying to pretend to be.
And yet Chopper thought they were the real deal. Little deer hasn't changed.
Old 2010-09-28, 13:05   Link #57
lousylaus

Bah why would they give Nami longer hair, how lame. We already have Robin and Hancock with long hair now they all do

Why not keep it short for atleast one of them.
Old 2010-09-28, 13:06   Link #58
Keeper

Assuming Zoro really lost his arm, I believe Franky could build him a new one. Perhaps an artificial arm that is able to transform into a sword, like you see a lot of artificial arms that transform into guns in other anime/manga.

But I really hope his arm is good, it'd be sad if he lost it.

Can't wait to see full chapter. And the following chapter if some SH's don't make an appearance in the first.
Old 2010-09-28, 13:07   Link #59
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post

Zoro losing an arm would be major...I'm not even sure how he would function with 2 sword after that (what with needing to put one in his mouth at the start of every fight)...still, it would have been more dramatic if he lost his right arm (unless there is some extra meaning to his left arm besides the bandana).
he can still 3 swords even if he just has one arm

Old 2010-09-28, 13:08   Link #60
noktown

Wait wait,what's going on i don't get it,are they talking to each other using Haki,or they'r already at Sabaody ?

I lol'd @ the Imposter Strawhat.

And Usopp probably hasn't changed "gruaduated from the weak trio" seems like he's still the same Usotsuki ;o
Closed Thread